As an avid asparagus loving kind of girl, I prepare it as many times a week as I can. I love asparagus broiled, baked, steamed, fried and sauteed. Asparagus just never gets old and it’s texture against other foods makes it somewhat of a dream for placement in dishes.
Piquant in taste, smoked Gouda when combined with many different foods also adds its own fascinating compliment to dishes. Shredding smoked Gouda atop any dish gives it an inviting look and it allows the savory taste to lightly mesh into the food its being served upon.
I have a secret to divulge in this recipe however, because the texture of the aspargus is very important in the success of the recipe and the secret method of cooking this is about to be unveiled. Get ready to go from basic to extraordinary. Get ready to lavishly live my recipe for smoked Gouda asparagus out loud as you will LOVE it!
Smoked Gouda Asparagus
If you love hardwood smoked bacon and eggs, you can add that to the recipe for sides to serve this with. I would however let the star attraction be the smoked Gouda Asparagus. As you can already tell the Smoked Gouda Asparagus is perfection for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.
What you are about to learn is the secret to the texture of the aspargus which makes a huge difference in the taste. I have tried preparing this meal in many different ways, but because I used this appliance I got the texture perfected.
The Secret of The Kitchen Appliance
Have you used an Air Fryer Before? An air fryer uses no oil and fries the food with less fat, leaving it as a healthier alternative to a fryer with oil. Skeptical as I was of an Air Fryer after using ours over and over and testing out 100’s of foods I can tell you, with the exception of tortillas I love air frying!
The Air Fryer I used is this Rosewill Air Fryer it offers:
- 7 Cooking Pre-sets programs: Chips, Chicken, Steak, Shrimp, Meat, Cake, Fish. 3.3 Quarts (3.2 L) Cooking Capacity
- Cooking Timer up to 30 Minutes and an adjustable temperature control 170° to 400° Fahrenheit.
- I use hardly any oil ever when frying unless I coat potatoes lightly but it is not necessary .
Let’s Cook Smoked Gouda Asparagus
1 Pound of Asparagus (washed, rinsed, and snapping off bottom 1/2″)
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
2 Tbsp. Italian Spices (including red pepper flakes)
Fresh Ground Pepper
Sprinkle of Mediterranean Sea Salt (fine ground)
1/4 C Smoked Gouda Cheese Shredded
In a shallow dish pour heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and Italian Spice.
Place asparagus in and roll around coating evenly.
Open air fryer and make sure to spray basket with nonstick spray.
Place asparagus in a single layer in the fry basket
Program Air Fryer to 400 Fahrenheit for 6 minutes
Once fry cycle has completed remove from fry basket
Place Asparagus on plate and shred smoked Gouda Cheese across spears
Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper (OPTIONAL)
Prep Time: 6 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 Minutes x 2 batches
Total Time : 18 Minutes
PRINT THE RECIPE
You can print the recipe and make sure to bookmark this page, so you can come back and see the final product.
- 1 Pound of Asparagus (washed, rinsed, and snapping off bottom 1/2")
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Italian Spices (including red pepper flakes)
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Sprinkle of Mediterranean Sea Salt (fine ground)
- 1/4 C Smoked Gouda Cheese Shredded
- In a shallow dish pour heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and Italian Spice.
- Place asparagus in and roll around coating evenly.
- Open air fryer and make sure to spray basket with nonstick spray.
- Place asparagus in a single layer in the fry basket
- Program Air Fryer to 400 Fahrenheit for 6 minutes
- Once fry cycle has completed remove from fry basket
- Place Asparagus on plate and shred smoked Gouda Cheese across spears
- Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper
- Serve Warm
Lavishly live food out loud and cook up a platter of Smoked Gouda Asparagus.