Baking is almost an event, if you don’t have the tools of the trade. I love finding a tool that is innovative, cuts my work in half and is offers a new twist on creations. My latest creation is a cookie cheesecake and I did not use the old springform pan, rather a new, innovative pan, that is leak proof, mess-proof and really easy to use! Lavishly live cheesecake out loud in this latest installment of In The Kitchen With Dana, featuring my new favorite Push Pan and how to create a cookie cheesecake with a PushPan.
What is a PushPan?
What a PushPan is not, is a springform. Kuhn Rikon has done it again, with a really cool product for baking cheesecakes. Say good bye to those messes and hello to your new best friend in baking cheesecakes, quiches, tarts, puddings and cakes.
There is a silicone ‘gasket’ in the base that seals the PushPan so it will never leak. The pan boasts a Swiss ILAG PFOA-free nonstick coating that will help you release your baked goods effortlessly and fully intact~ AMEN!
The PushPan is really Easy To Use
Lightly oil the pan and the top of the base
Push the base into the pan with the silicone gasket down
Fill it up with your favorite ingredients
HOW TO USE RELEASE CHEESECAKE FROM PUSHPAN
Let the baked item cool completely before you push on it to remove.
Place the pan on a large can or a very sturdy platform
Use two hands opposed to one another and push the outer rim down.
That’s it, you have a baked item, ready and waiting for you, intact.
Ingredients For Cookie Cheesecake
- 4 - 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 C of Sugar
- 1 TSP of Vanilla
- 1 C Crushed Cookies
- 4 Eggs
- Cheesecake Crust:
- 1 1/2 C of Graham Crackers Smashed Fine
- 3 TBSP Sugar
- 1/3 C Butter Melted
- PreHeat Oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Mix together Eggs, Sugar, Vanilla.
- Once blended, add in cream cheese, one at a time, mixing well.
- Fold in Crushed Cookies
- Mix together all ingredients and press into pan.
- Add filling to the crust.
- Get a shallow baking dish, larger than the PushPan and place PushPan into it. Add just a bit of water, about 1/4 C. Then place in oven to bake
- Bake for 50-55 minutes and center may be soft but it will firm as it sets.
- Allow to Cool once removed from oven for at least 2 hours, then release from PushPan as seen in video.
- Transfer to refrigerator for proper storage.
If you want to see a recipe that I created, for a Cookie Cheesecake, just touch this image and you will see how to use this pan as well a the recipe being created.
What I appreciated even more about the Kuhn Rikon PushPan is that it cleaned up so easily, soap and water, with nothing sticking. Do note, that you should NEVER use metal to cut on this pan, use a plastic edged spatula.
This is the perfect gift for anyone who bakes or loves to bake but hates the traditional springform pan. Lavishly live baking cheesecakes out loud with a pan that offers you endless possibilities while making the take-off easy! What types of cheesecakes would you bake with this PushPan?
*affiliate links contained within. Sponsored post by PR Firm, story, recipe and images are my own!