Do you have an air fryer, yeast, and flour?
Then you are in luck because I have a recipe for a crazy good, no-knead, air fryer crusty herb bread in an hour!
Honestly, you are going to wonder why you never made air fryer crusty herb bread before.
As a bonus, no matter what SHAPE your air fryer basket is, round, square, etc. this bread will work!
Air Fryer Crusty Herb Bread has a great texture.
In fact, the crust is nice and rough and the inside is chewy and delicious!
As with all of my recipes for bread, this recipe uses simple ingredients to deliver a bold taste!
Additionally, as you all know, you can tweak this recipe to fit your favorite flavors.
So, now let’s go make some crazy good no-knead air fryer crusty herb bread in an hour so you can start taste-testing it in your home!
Air Fryer Crusty Herb Bread
I’ve shared recipes for many different bread items in an air fryer so it should not surprise you that you can bake an entire loaf of homemade bread in here too!
Now, this recipe is super easy, and you will need your air fryer.
Rise Me Up With Air Fryer Crusty Herb Bread
Yes, you will make this dough and let it rise for a short bit.
Next, I will show you a trick to make it happen.
From there it’s a quick bit in the air fryer and you are off to the races with a fresh loaf of air fryer crusty herb bread!
Tips For Air Frying Bread
Anytime I cook in my air fryer (which is daily) I do this one thing that makes a difference in everything I cook in there.
First and foremost, I preheat the air fryer.
IN any event, not only do I treat the air fryer like an oven, but the air fryer bakes like an oven, just in less time and much more efficiently!
As usual, I will suggest that that you place either a piece of parchment in the air fryer basket or that you cut discs out of this, that’s what I do!
Also, it’s very important to NOT forget to grease the sides of the basket too!
So, I will provide the timing. however, you may need to be altered to fit your air fryer.
Additionally, I added 2 minutes more to my bread, and often flux between the listed time on the recipe and the additional 2 minutes!
To that end, don’t forget to flip the bread during the cooking session as well!
Herbs & Seasoning
Remember, when it comes to spices, herbs, and seasoning it’s all personal preference.
Bread is great alone, but adding in a little ‘taste’ is even better!
For me, it was a herb mixture and I’ll show you how to really get it in the bread mixture.
Recipe For Air Fryer Crusty Herb Bread
- 2 1/2 C All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 C Water 130°F
- 2 1/4 Teaspoon Instant Yeast a packet of instant yeast
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- A Tablespoon 1 of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil + 1 More Tablespoon in reserve.
- Garlic Salt to taste
- Italian Pizza Seasoning basically, oregano, basil, red hot pepper 1:1:1 equal ratio*
- Grease a 5 qt dutch oven, and set it aside.
- Mix water and Yeast together and allow it to stand for a minute.
- While the yeast is sitting for a minute, prep the flour by placing it in a large mixing bowl.
- Next, add in the yeast and water.
- Then the sugar.
- Continue mixing to combine well.
- Once that is all mixed together add in a tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- Then add in the salt.
- Combine again until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn the dough under itself about 3 times and form a nice ball that will fit in the dutch oven.
- Place in greased dutch oven and cover for 1/2 hr.
- Place your nonstick disk on the counter (it should be measured and cut to fit inside your air fryer basket, as the bread will be sitting on this.
- At the end of the 1/2 hour, open the lid, remove the bread and place it onto the nonstick disc, you previously prepared.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F and cycle it just for 5 minutes.
- While the air fryer is heating it is time to season the bread.
- First, brush it with some olive oil.
- Follow that with a coating of garlic salt and Italian Spice (as much or as little as you prefer).
- Then, roll the dough unto itself, tucking the seasoning in.
- Now the top of the dough is showing and repeat.
- Olive oil with a brush, then a bit of spice.
- At this time the air fryer should be preheated and you can place the disc and the bread in.
- Brush the sides of the air fryer basket with olive oil in case the bread dough wants to stick to it, it won't!
- Program the air fryer to 350°F for 9 Minutes.
- When the cycle stops, make sure the top of the bread is golden brown.
- Flip the bread to the other side.
- Reset the timer and settings to 350°F for 9 more minutes.
- You may need to add 2 more minutes but DON'T do this until you see how your bread looks at the end of its cycle.
- If the loaf is golden brown all over and has 'puffed' it is done.
- Carefully remove and allow it to rest on a wooden cutting board (it will absorb the moisture) or on a cooling rack.
- Cut open and enjoy! ~ Dana XO