I am definitely NOT a pastry chef, but I am a little bit of each of you.
We all want to bake great desserts and sweets, but we are often short on time and don’t have the patience to craft up a pastry for our baked goods.
So, I wanted to make a delicious almond peach danish for my family and I did, but I used 1 easy pastry hack and when I share it, I am sure you will love it!
Yummy Almond Peach Danish + 1 Easy Pastry Hack
Rather than sweat the small things, I keep my recipes easy and often hack one item for another, and by the time I am done,
This was, I arrive at something that checks all the boxes of the pro recipes without all the work!
So now you know how I struck gold when I made this recipe for an almond peach danish.
Generally, I will try to make my recipes around running to ice hockey, which is literally almost every day of the week.
There’s nothing like peaches in the summer.
Fresh, fleshy, ripe, and delectable peach flavor, just drips from ripe peaches!
What do you do when buying bumper crops of peaches?
You make easy and delicious almond peach danish but not with a traditional danish pastry crust.
For as long as I can remember, I wait to create my ‘Just Peachy’ recipes in late July and the beginning of August.
1 Easy Pastry Hack for making Danish
I am about to share with you a recipe I have been making for over 15+ years.
Use this recipe to impress your guests, serving it al fresco when you are dining outside.
If you love white wine, these pair so nicely!
But most importantly, don’t buy phyllo dough, or make it, and don’t purchase puff pastry or make it, because if you have this one item in your home, you will love my 1 easy pastry hack!
Drum roll please. drum, drum, drum!!!
Yep, a pie shell will be the 1 easy hack, that makes your baking life of an almond peach danish super easy!
Generally, I don’t have time to store those other ingredients in my freezer, I pass them up in the store, or I forget to defrost them, etc.
I do however always have this 1 easy pastry hack item always in my fridge for pies, etc and a premade pie shell is amazing in this recipe.
Light, airy and crispy.
Danish with 1 Easy Pastry Hack all baked
You could make your own pie crust if you want to, but why bother! This turns out perfect and so tasty every single time.
The key to the recipe is the fresh peaches! Truly the fresher they are the more succulent the flavor.
Basic Overview for For Almond Peach Danish
This is the cream for the danish filling and what it will look like when you mix the 3 ingredients together! Yummy lick the screen!
In this mix, is cream cheese, some extract, and sugar, but not much more, easy peasy right?
You will not peel the peaches but you will uniformly slice them.
The pie crust will be rolled with a rolling pin to make it more oval, than round. (1 easy pastry hack!)
Overall you will place slits into the rolled pie crust and fill down the middle to place a homemade danish cream.
Your investment of time from start to finish on this danish is about 10 minutes of active time, the rest is baking and cooling.
Did I mention that I additionally recommend using parchment paper as it makes cleanup so much easier?
First, when you slice the pie dough (the 1 easy pastry hack) you will then place the cream on the pie shell.
You will follow that with your peaches either cooked or uncooked depending on which path you follow on the directions.
Super easy recipe here that makes you look pro once it’s baked!
What does this almond peach danish with 1 easy pastry hack look like when it is baked?
Yes, it oozes with all the good stuff, yet all the good stuff is still locked up inside this pastry.
Can you believe all it takes is a few ingredients and
Enjoy your peach creation of almond cream and fresh peaches, baked tight into this braided danish!
Sit down, sip a glass of wine, enjoy the outdoors and slice a piece! ~ DANA XO
Traditionally untraditional almond peach danish. 1 Hack makes this easier!
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- Cream Cheese Cube - the whole thing, softened.
- 1/2 C White Sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Almond Flavoring (extract is fine)
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Optional
- Egg Yolk (1) + 1 Tbsp Water - Whisked
- DANISH FRUIT PREP
- 4 Large peaches rinsed and uniformly sliced (as best as you can)
- Large Bowl
- 1/4 C Sugar
- 1 Prepared Pie Crust -- The Hack
- Preheat oven to 375°F
Preparation Peaches *optional you don't have to cook the peaches but if you want to start here, otherwise just let them sit in the bowl sliced and topped with a sprinkle of sugar until you are ready to fill the danish.
- Place sliced peaches in a nonstick pan, and a drop of water.
- Cover, place on medium-low heat, and cook till the color changes (maybe 5 minutes)
- Remove from heat and set aside. (if you are not cooking your peaches, just follow the above directions)
- Cream Cheese Filling
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the cream cheese filling.
- Blend until smooth.
- Set aside and begin working on Fruit.
- Simply take the peach slices (skin on) and place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Set aside.
- Next, work on the pie dough as described above.
PIE DOUGH PREPARATION
- Unroll pie crust from the packaging.
- On a smooth surface, roll out the dough.
- Using a rolling pin, form dough more into a really large oval.
- On the exterior of each side, slice into the crust about 1/3 of the way to the middle. (I leave my rolling pin in the middle so I don't overcut the slices!
- Make sure to keep strips at about 1" intervals. You will be overlapping these across the filling once you spread the cream cheese filling down the middle.
- Repeat this process on the opposite side, so each side has the slits cut to use for braiding.
- Use the Video to help guide you with this process.
- Now, that the slits are cut on each side, the uncut center is where you will focus.
FILLING the Danish
- Take the prepared danish filling and use about 3 large tablespoons of the almond cream cheese filling.
- Place that down the center, carefully avoiding all the places you cut. Stay right down the middle. It's easy.
- Then use your spoon to swirl and cover all the surface area in the middle.
- Next, remove peaches from the nonstick pan, one by one (or from the bowl), and cover the almond cream from top to bottom with peaches.
- If you did not cook your peaches, just grab them from the bowl and follow the rest of the directions.
- Allow them to overlap, or place a few extra atop to cover gaps!
Braid The Danish
- Last, it's time to criss-cross the dough.
- Start at either end and begin with one piece, pulling from left to right across the filling.
- Then use a piece from the other side, and continue this until you reach the other end.
- Make sure to pinch off the ends so they don't leak when baking!
- Top Of Crust Before Baking
- Crack one egg, and reserve the Yolk Only. Mix in 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk well.
- Use the whisked egg yolk and water to brush across the top of the peaches and almond cream braided DANISH.
- Then, place in the oven and bake at 375° until it is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Allow cooling on the rack, for at least 30 minutes.
Confectioners Sugar when Done Baking and Cooled
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- This is just the right amount of crunchy with a mesh of fruit pleasure!
- Sure to delight anyone that tastes it. Doesn't it look yummy? Enjoy!