Where are you off to for the holidays? Are you taking food with you? It is a rare occasion to see anyone incoming to a home without a tray of food during the holidays. I think my least favorite thing to do is transport food while my most favorite thing to do is share food! This year I have made a totally traditional, tree-looking recipe. How better to make Christmas festive than with an edible tree? This recipe is so easy to make you are going to wonder why you never used this before as part of your recipe repertoire. We are large fans of appetizers that look festive and taste great and this recipe was so easy to make and so darn festive I can’t imagine a better holiday recipe. You won’t be cooking anything with this easy holiday appetizer recipe it is just a matter of putting all the pieces together and traying it up! The presentation on this easy holiday appetizer will have everyone talking and the taste is outstanding. Lavishly live the holidays and food out loud as you prepare a super festive and easy holiday appetizer.
Before I present how to make these easy holiday trees for appetizers, I want to make a few notes for you so that you have success.
- You can use pretzel sticks or you can use Pringle Sticks, either work quite well. We used Pringle Sticks for allergy free dining with no nuts and not processed in a facility where nuts had been used, remember my son has severe food allergies.
- Guacamole can be subbed out to herbed cheese spread which works just as well and actually is easier, albeit not quite green.
- Jarred roasted red peppers must be drained and but the ones that are already cut in strips, or you can use pimentos.
- Fresh Pita Bread only, do not toast it.
Easy Holiday Appetizer
- 1 Piece Of Pita Bread
- 1 Package of Pringles Stix
- A Few slices of Roasted Red Pepper Strips
- 1/4 C of Guacamole
- Cut your Pita Bread into 8 Triangle Pieces
- Cut a notch out of each wedge (I used kitchen scissors)
- Smear a teaspoon of guacamole across each pita wedge
- Drain your roasted red pepper strips and place each on the tree
- Place a stick in each tree (this is your tree trunk)
- That's It, simple easy and no bake
This is simple, fast, elegant and easy to prepare. You can buy prepackaged guacamole or make your own, very much up to you how much or how little effort you put into the preparation. I did refrigerate my easy holiday appetizer before we left and they turned out great. Lavishly live food out loud and indulge in this easy to prepare holiday appetizers and enjoy the season. ~Dana