Halloween Eyeball Brookie Treat
Chocolate or Cookie?
How about all of the above?
Usually, when you choose a snack, you eyeball it.
But this Halloween eyeball brookie treat has its eye on you!
Bite back and sink your teeth into a flavor bomb of brownies and cookies!
Halloween monster eyeball brookie treats are a combination of brownie mix and a cookie!
However, this year, my brookies, are turning into one-eyed Halloween monster eyeball brookie treats.
If you’ve never made a brookie, you will appreciate its ease of preparation.
For those that have practiced their brookie making skills, you’ll love the flexibility of the brookie to convert into an eyeball.
Halloween requires fun, creative, yet simple desserts and with a Halloween, Eyeball Brookie treat it’s all-inclusive of that!
These are the perfect snack for that afterschool witching hour or after trick-or-treating when the little goblins and ghosts are back.
Also, if you having a ‘ghouls night’ chocolate is always perfect with wine, so…
Halloween Eyeball Brookie Treat
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links that may earn me commissions so if you click through them and take certain actions. Read more on my full disclosure here.
I’ve been making brookies for years.
In fact, I’ve gotten so good at them, I add-in, change-up, and get really creative with each batch.
Of course for the Halloween Eyeball Brookie treats I went back to the brookie in its most simple form.
I wanted to keep this recipe, really easy to make so that it was not time-consuming or bothersome.
You can make your own brownies from scratch, but I don’t.
This is one of those recipes, that I shortcut so I can keep life simple and yet yield perfect results.
The Brookie Broken Down
I’ll be biased for a moment about owning a brookie pan, get one.
I love the setup of the official brookie pan, and how it is nonstick (well…).
My favorite Brookie Pan is Mrs. Fields.
The cavities of the Mrs. Fields Brookie Pan is just deep enough to get the brookie perfect.
While the shape of the brookie never fails.
Always, coat with some nonstick spray, because even though it is nonstick, it may stick, but that’s true of so many different pieces of bakeware.
I always cover my cookie.
No, you are not supposed to, but I do.
In this particular case, you want to cover the cookie.
You will bake the brookie, allow it to FULLY cool, and then remove it from the pan.
Cooling is the most important part of this recipe.
Modifications to a Basic Brookie
For those of you that love caramel, grab those caramel bites and drop a few in each cavity.
If you prefer to add in some rice cereal, go for it, as it provides a crunch.
But, I will maintain that for this recipe, keep it simple.
From start to finish the Halloween eyeball brookie should take 30 minutes (+1 hour of cooling).
Truly the active time is about 5 big minutes!
Recipe And How To
Halloween Eyeball Brookie Treat That Has It's Eye On You!
- Box of your favorite brown mix made according to directions
- 6 Oreo Sandwich Cookies or any sandwich or chocolate chip cookie you like
- Cool whip topping lite, or regular, or flavored, thawed
- Plastic eyeballs or edible eyeballs craft stores, big-box retailers
- Brookie Pan prepped with nonstick spray (grab it on amazon)
- Serving platter
- Preheat oven to appropriate setting on the brownie box you purchase.
- Spray brookie pan with nonstick spray.
- Place an Oreo on each of the 6 brookie cavity spots.
- Make boxed brownies in a mixing bowl.
- Once the brownie mixture is complete, fill each brookie cavity, being careful to not move the cookie.
- (I covered my cookie with batter FYI).
- Bake brookie about 20 minutes (watch them, you don't want them to burn and oven temps vary).
- Remove and allow them to cool. (15 minutes in the pan)
- Once cooled remove from pan and allow to cook a bit longer. (45 minutes)
- Working with each cooled brookie, use a cookie scoop and add a scoop of whipped topping.
- Follow that with an eyeball, slanted (angled to the side).
- Serve or refrigerate. (whipped topping).