Traveling is an amazing experience and many of us crave travel, (especially us, as we are after all travel writers!)
Want to know a secret about travel that you should always abide by?
We are going to unload our suitcase of tips on the golden fashion rules of travel because it will elevate your traveling experience.
After all, travel already broadens your horizons, teaches you new things, and allows you to meet new people from all walks of life, so now is the time to add to our fashion rules for travel as they are tips that are learned and are now always shared!
Remember, just because you’re on the go doesn’t mean your sense of style has to go out the window.
Now let’s travel to the five golden fashion rules of travel you’ll want to adhere to every time you pack up those backs and experience wanderlust!
Both Men And Women Should Dressing Stylishly While Traveling
First and foremost, the golden fashion rules of travel are applicable to both men and women.
This article is not about redoing your entire wardrobe, but hopefully, the bad fashion choices for travel won’t be part of your packing tactics.
What Is Styled Dressing While Traveling?
- Clothing that is versatile
- Clothing that is clean
- Clothing that does not look like it’s too small or does not cover breasts!
- Shoes that are practical, not crazy
But wait, there’s more, those are just the simple highlights, we’ve got more travel-style tips below!
1. Invest In Versatile Pieces For Dressing Stylishly While Traveling
Did you know flight attendants are more likely to whisk you off to a free first-class upgrade if your clothing shares a certain aesthetic? That alone might be a firm reason to make the investment into dressing stylishly while traveling, don’t you agree?
So how do you create versatile pieces for dressing and then use them?
- versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched to create various looks.
- a basic black dress can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion with shoes and jewelry
- a denim jacket over a tee shirt looks better than a tee shirt alone!
- trade out dirty athletic shoes for a cleaner pair creating a clean style of dressing while traveling
- Use a color palette of clothing: tans and black, or navy and cream, and then add in pops of color to accent this makes mixing and matching so darn easy!
2. Why To Pack Light In Order To Accomplish Dressing Stylishly While Traveling
Why in the world would you travel with less luggage instead of more?
- airlines charge mega for their baggage handling so save money (though that’s not a fashion tip)
- the less luggage you bring the less hassle from handling the bags and ruining your travel outfit
- Packing light forces you to really be selective in the clothing items you are bringing
- Less packed items create you to start dressing stylishly while traveling (unless you packed bad options)
What To Pack In Your Minimalist Luggage To Style Dressing While Traveling?
Choose a few key pieces that can be easily mixed and matched, and leave the rest at home.
- choose items in the same color family (black, and gray)
- always pack a bathing suit and a coverup with flipflops (flipflops function well for the pool and the shower)
- jeans can be dressed up and dressed down
- clean tees are great under jackets, on their own, and can be accessorized for nights out
Folding tips and tricks can also help you to fit more into a smaller suitcase, so you might be able to bring an item or two extra with you if you pack efficiently.
3. The Key To Dressing Stylishly While Traveling Is To Accessorize
Often, you are in such a hurry to pack, you forget the small things and the small things are what help you style dressing while traveling.
- accessories add a touch of personality to your wardrobe and your overall look
- statement pieces can elevate any outfit (bold necklaces, cuff bracelets, brightly colored scarves)
- Accessories styled right can take your clothing from day to night
- Don’t forget Beanies as they are great for warmth and keeping your hair (that might not be styled) tucked away in a very fashion-forward way!
Accessories should be your best friend while traveling and take your outfits from OW to WOW!
4. Be Comfortable.
It’s important to remember that fashion isn’t just about what you look like on the outside; it’s also about how you feel on the inside.
So when choosing your travel wardrobe, be sure to select items that are both stylish and comfortable.
For example, your undergarments can make or break a day of walking around exploring.
With so many different bra sizes and types of panties available, you need to ensure yours fit just right to keep you comfortable all day long. There’s nothing worse than being stuck in an uncomfortable bra that is suffocating you or treating the girls to more time out than inside their compartments.
Bras are very important to outfits and to the public eye because “ain’t no one wants to see your nipples or your boobs busting out” especially when it creates more people to stare!
5. Dress For Your Destination + Get Into The Fun Faster
Fun fast story. We were on our way to a tropical destination and the people around us were heading to the bathroom or standing in the aisles stripping their layers off, from underneath their current clothing, and unzippering pants (convertible pants by unzipping pants to shorts).
It was almost like a circus, but they followed the dressings stylishly while traveling and met this idea of how to dress for your destination as well.
Dressing for your destination is one of the best tips for staying fashionable while traveling.
Use these dressing stylishly while traveling tips to ensure you’ve packed exactly what you need!
- If you’re going somewhere warm, pack light and airy clothes made from natural fabrics like cotton or linen.
- If you’re headed somewhere cold, opt for layers that can be easily added or removed as needed.
- if you’re unsure about what to expect, choose conservative pieces that can be dressed up or down as needed.
Why Bad Fashion Choices For Travel Can Negatively Impact Your Trip
Since we successfully shared all about dressing stylishly while traveling, allow us to quickly and shortly share a few links as to why to avoid the nightmare of bad fashion choices and how it negatively could potentially screw with your trip.
Do you want to ruin a trip to Disney that you paid way too much for, to begin with in order to have a fantasy life or are you just after a free tee shirt as a souvenir from travel?
Is wearing what you feel like worth getting kicked off the airplane? It happens.
Use The Golden Fashion Rules Of Travel To Your Advantage And Travel More!
So now you have the WHY not to make bad fashion choices for travel and the know-how of dressing stylishly while traveling! Use them!
There’s no need to sacrifice style when traveling; with a little planning, it’s easy to look good no matter where your adventures take you!
By following these simple tips, you’ll be sure to turn heads wherever you go without sacrificing comfort or convenience along the way.~ Dana XO
Dana Vento is an accomplished travel writer who has written award-winning articles for Niagara Falls, USA, and Cabarrus, NC, and won IG photography for Southern Delaware beaches. Dana offers tips for travel to help you have the best adventures!
Leave a Reply