There was nothing like waking up to a must do update on the iPhone. The only thing I wanted to do was NOT update, as I find it detracts me from my normal morning activity on the phone. I know there is an end result to the update, so I took my iPhone into my hand and began the iOS 7 update only to find that this while this is a new update it is still a very familiar screen.
While you might tune in to many tech savvy bloggers to read all the intricate details and every facet of the latest iOS update, iOS 7.0 you won’t find that here. I do have to say the new update is rather impressive and makes the new iPhones feel like you just got a new phone. I began to like what I was seeing and I just wanted to share as I lavishly live my life out loud and today’s tech talk should focus on this update that won’t have you pulling your hair out but rather admiring what seems like a new phone with just a few taps of the screen!
My 16 year old daughter had earmarked the days until the new release and she counted down the hours, for what I could not understand. She went right into her settings and started downloading, without a glitch and suddenly her phone was transformed into the updated iOS 7.0 and the look made it something to behold, but this update goes way beyond the look, it actually goes to the functionality.
I waited hours to get the download to be successful and when I did, I was triumphant at the fact I had not gotten the error message because at that point I did not care what the screens, icons, or phone now offered just that I got through and got the download. Early on, and discussion on my Facebook page around dinner time last evening, many people were getting error messages and unable to download the massive iOS 7 download, but as the evening continued more and more were about to become ‘wowwed’ by what they were about to see.
Honestly, my first thoughts of the new iOS 7 took me back to my blogging days with the Razr from Verizon Wireless, but that quickly faded as I saw the functionality of the iPhone and its marriage to the iOS 7 simply blow away the Razr and that only took 5 minutes to deduce. This is all about so much more than the way the phone looks, it is how it functions and helps you each day and this time iOS 7 will actually define your working experience to a level beyond what you might have ever expected.
I like to play the ‘things that are different game’ you know the ones that are in the Sunday Papers that ask you to find the differences, well I began playing this game with my phone to see what I could remember from the last iOS and now this one and I will keep this super easy because these are just the real light, exterior changes that you will notice or have noticed immediately.
1) Inbound emails sound a bit tinnier, it’s not a bad thing, it just echoes a bit more
2) The colors of the Icons are more brilliant
3) The keyboard is more square(the letters), the Typography.
4) Group messaging just got more fun!(my daughter loves the new look since as a teen she lives out of this feature)
5) My unread emails looked different
6) Closing an App is so much easier (pushed to the top of the screen and goodnight to that app)
7) The Signal bar is different looking
8) The Camera App has been done up including, drum roll please……… Panoramic. You move glide your finger to switch from video to photo and you can choose from square or panoramic. The iPhone knows the time and location of each photos, and it places them in to moments and collections.
9) You will note a whole new color scheme integrated into this update as well.
10) CONTROL CENTER is a slide on the screen from the bottom up and I am really starting to love this feature, especially the flashlight and calculator which I used so frequently before! One swipe from any screen opens up these controls.
11) Familiarity is something the phone does based on YOUR usage and it will keep you updated Multi tasking is so much easier. Whichever apps you use the most it auto keeps the content updated. Again, I am just starting to learn these features, but they rock.
Let’s Talk AirDrop
This is like the old APP BUMP but so so much easier. If you have something you want to share with someone in your contacts, if they are within proximity, it will show their contact info, you touch it and Drop the info to them, and it is shared within seconds. This feature is amazing. If the person you want to share with is not on in your proximity you can still send it to them by selecting them in contacts. You can also ‘filter’ who is in your AirDrop location.
You will be amazed at the transformation that looks simple, but was so well thought out and how intricate it really is. What you need to know is that it makes the functionality of the phone so much more simple for the end user, as gliding, sliding and sharing was never easier. A Great Update, from a Perfect Product! Lavishly living tech out loud and enjoying the new update and I hope I helped you navigate through this as well! Enjoy ~ Dana