Here’s the thing, I can drink whatever I want, but just because it is in a bottle does not make it better, it just makes it in a bottle. I have to tell you, moving into a new house, and meeting new neighbors is one thing, but then hosting parties, get together’s, and being the consistent hostess does tend to get a bit expensive. Now, if everyone is always coming over to your home and wants some of your wine stash you may be running for cover because the price of wine is steep. I don’t do animals or critters on my label, because I like my wine to taste good, therefore, those cheap bottles are OUT! When we moved in, there was always someone coming over, and the wine would keep on flowing! My one neighbor, kept telling me that ‘boxed wine’ was so not couth! I laughed at her then, and I am still laughing now! After she decided to put her money where her mouth was and actually have some of the parties in her own home, her philosophy changed. The good old neighbor lady began to moan and complain about everyone drinking her bottles of wine and how expensive it was to host these ‘little get together” and that her AMEX was showing the damage! The funnier part is that she had stashed wine for years and in her drunken stoopers she started breaking the bottles open and now all the saved wine was gone! Guess who serves Boxed Wine Now? Yeah— guess my lavish purchase that was so un-couth then is suddenly very acceptable now.
WHY BOXED WINE?
For die hard fans of wine, this may not be what you are turning to for a regular purchase, but I can assure you when you are having people over regularly, hosting simple dinner gatherings, and needing to travel with wine, Boxed Wine is absolutely the answer!
1) Boxed wine have their own taps and these work slick!
2) Drop a box of wine and there is not a broken bottle of wine and nor is there glass to clean up, all you have is a dented box! **You know it’s a cardinal sin to waste wine, dropping it is completely illegal– LOL
3) Boxed travels so easily, no worrying about recorking or standing it up straight so it does not spill(then again when have I ever brought a bottle of wine anywhere that it has not been finished? )
4) Eating at a BYOB? Bet they can’t charge you a corking fee for this one!
5) Refrigerating wine is a pain when it’s an open bottle, but when it’s a box, it can lay down, stand up, whatever, because it’s not going to spill!
6) The price is so attractive and you are not dragging several bottles around!
7) Did you know that a 3 liter bag of wine is equal to FOUR 750 ML bottles, but it costs much, much less!
8) Don’t worry about a corkscrew opener because you don’t need to uncork anything in a box!
9) Boxed wine boxes are recyclable and compact!
While I have to tell you Merlot is the top of the list on my favorite wines, Cabernet Saugivnon is right behind the leader in my group! The summer holidays are coming, so are all the parties and there is no better way to celebrate than to offer up some great wine, boxed wine that is! Stock up and stack up because unlike traditional bottles this wine stacks!
Boxed wine often equates to 4 bottles of wine, without the bottles for recycles(less to show and tell in the recycle bin! I also like the lack of oxidation therefore your wine stores longer(if it actually lasts that long) and the easy to use taps on these bags of wine make it super easy to dispense. The boxes of wine are perfect for porting from party to party and you never have to worry about anything breaking. Don’t worry about filling up, just turn the tap on and pour! Get ready to lavishly live out loud as many of the best brands of wine are placing their brands in boxes! There is nothing cheap about wine and boxes only save the environment. Boxed wine is a trending favorite among those of us drinking and sipping(who sips?) wines of all types. Enjoy and drink responsibly.
*Never drink and drive!