There is always one magical recipe that once in your kitchen recipe box, you wonder how you ever did without it. For me, it is a rich and versatile chocolate ganache.
It’s the one recipe that almost has endless options and can be used over and over in many different forms.
15 Uses of Rich and Versatile Chocolate Ganache
I’ll refer to chocolate ganache as the light of any party. In fact, rich and versatile chocolate ganache has probably made an appearance on a dessert table near you without you even realizing it was there.
Actually, when you think of versatile chocolate ganache, you might call it a chameleon of dessert options as it can be a
- a drip
- layers filling
- chocolate coating and more.
Just listing all of that still does not even come close to hitting the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how rich and versatile chocolate ganache actually is!
Let’s Dive Into 15 Uses of Chocolate Ganache
Did You Know that Truffles are Made From Chocolate Ganache? (No. 1&2)
Truffles are amazing and range from unbelievably easy to make to unbelievably difficult to make.
Well, as you all know, I prefer getting the most bang for my recipe, in the shortest amount of time, with the least amount of ingredients, so, we are going easy!
For those of you that want to roll out a yummy truffle, that just sings rich and versatile chocolate ganache, make sure to try my Raspberry Truffles!
Now, here’s a fabulous twist, you can also use chocolate ganache in a thinner form, yet not too thin, you can use it as drizzle atop the truffles. So your truffle be made from chocolate ganache and have ganache atop. Mmm.
This brings me to another great idea, mention, and use of versatile chocolate ganache.
No. 3 & 4 ~ Chocolate Ganache Can Be…
If you want to learn more about ganache and how to color it, check out how to make red ganache here.
I got into detail about flavor and color and what you must know in order to change either or both.
No. 5 Tiramisu with Chocolate Ganache layers
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, you can create layers of filling with ganache and it will blow you away with its flavor!
Try this when you prepare tiramisu.
No. 6, 7, & 8 ~ Cake Talk with Chocolate Ganache
First, you can whip the ganache to create cake frosting.
Or you can actually, make the consistency perfect for layers of filling between the cake.
If that’s not enough you can use the chocolate ganache in between for filling, top with rich and versatile chocolate ganache icing, and then make a different color of ganache and drizzle it across the chocolate ganache.
Intense, and amazing chocolate flavor will tempt you to eat more than one piece! Can we say chocoholic’s favorite kind of cake?
No. 9 & 10 ~ Drip Me Baby One More Time
Drip icing is cool and when it is on a Halloween cake, it can look like blood.
However, if you use it for a more formal occasion, like Mother’s day or a bridal shower, it can look elegant.
Then there are times that you can simply do multi colors of drip icing and well, that’s double the chocolate ganache drip and oh so goo!
No. 11 ~ Chocolate Ganache Can Be a Glaze
Take a look at this mini-layer cake. It looks so good and you want to know why?
It’s that rich and versatile chocolate ganache atop that looks so shiny and good!
No. 12 ~ Dip Like You Mean It
For those that believe chocolate is life, you want to meet your best friend Chocolate Ganache dip!
While it’s warm, and not quite as set or thick as you might change it up to for a filling, it’s time to go crazy and dip, dip hooray!
Think of chocolate ganache dip as the best chocolate dip ever without the bs of cleaning up a chocolate fountain, oh and it really sticks to whatever you dip too!
Dip food items, such as pretzels, graham crackers, Oreos, cookie sticks, pizzelle, berries, and more. Get creative!
No. 13 Red. Ripe. Chocolate Covered Strawberries
I love me a berry dipped in chocolate and there’s no denying it. But…, they are even better when they are dipped in chocolate ganache!
No. 14 ~ Have you ever made cream Puffs?
Cream puff topping is or can be chocolate ganache. And making versatile chocolate ganache is so easy, it’s a beginner’s recipe, trust m!
No. 15 ~ Top Those Mallows for a Decadent Treat!
When you want a treat that offers a bit of a ‘crunch’, tastes of divine chocolate, and yet yields to the crunch with a bit of a squish, you are calling on Ganache-coated marshmallows.
Now, here’s the deal, it’s just 2 ingredients to make the chocolate ganache, and a marshmallow, is that too easy or what?
Rich And Versatile Chocolate Ganache Grab the Recipe Here It’s so easy to make!
- 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping cream
- 12 ounces Chocolate morsels
- Measuring Cup
- Microwave safe bowl
- Microwave your heavy cream using a microwave-safe measuring cup.
- Set the microwave at 45 seconds and work up to a minute (if necessary)
- The cream should be just on the cusp of boiling.
- If it starts to boil, it will go right over that dish, so WATCH and use less time and add more.
- Less is more.
- Once the heavy cream shows the start of a boil, carefully remove it from the microwave and then cover the chips in the heat-proof bowl.
- Allow this to just sit for about 3 minutes before you stir.
- Once the chocolate and the heated whipping cream have sat, it is time to stir.
- I work on my ganache from the middle of the bowl, outwards. (you can use a whisk if you prefer)
- Make sure to work all the melted wafers/chocolate into the heated heavy whipping cream, by stirring.
- After the initial mixing, if you want to color the ganache, now add in your color drop by drop until you achieve the color you are wanting.
- Whisk until smooth, then stop.
- At this point you can do the following:
- Running-LIke (drip-cake) Appearance
- If you want to use it for a 'running down the side of a cake look' then
- Allow this to set up and cool for about 10 minutes, but not too long if you want to top a cake like my Blood Red Cake or it won't run the way you want it to.
- For Icing or filling...
- If you want to use it for a filling or an icing, then you need to let this set up until it thickens (sometimes I toss t in the fridge for 10 minutes to help that process move along).
- Once cooled and thicken, use your mixer whisk attachment to create a fluffy and light texture.
This recipe is good for fillings, icing, or drip cakes and so much more, just change the consistency by either whisking or setting.
The longer this sits after prep, the thicker it will get.
I am telling you this so you can decipher what you need it for drip, filling, frosting, etc.
Therefore timing provided may not be accurate based on your use of the Ganache.
Do note that more heavy cream will make this thinner.
More chocolate will thicken it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3562Total Fat: 242gSaturated Fat: 143gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 81gCholesterol: 376mgSodium: 551mgCarbohydrates: 308gFiber: 16gSugar: 257gProtein: 43g
Nutrional Information is innacurate