I look at Valentine’s as a day for me, I purchase candies, and candles and flowers and meals at discounted prices and take advantage of the day making it rosy red happy for me. For some the day is still dreadful because for some reason many of the single guys and ladies are just reminded that they are not part of a couple. Alone, married, partnered up, you can shop for discounted fragrances or clothes. Trust me, you will survive and the day will pass. Here are a few tips to help you get through a day that could bring an otherwise ‘heavy heart’. Valentine’s is great no matter how you celebrate the day.
1. Shop for yourself. Maximize the opportunity to buy your favorite perfume, that chic bag or that expensive YSL lipstick you’ve been eyeing at the mall for so long. Most shops offer sales during the Valentine’s season. Online stores like Beauty Encounter offer discount fragrances and Valentine’s is a great chance to steal these deals while the season is upon us an offering great discounts.
2. Pay for pampering services. One way to take your mind off that “I’m still alone this Valentine’s Day. I’m sooo pathetic! ” attitude is to get a mani-pedi. The relaxation in the ped soaking tub with the massage chair is always a great treat. Try to find a mani-pedi salon that serves milkshake while you relax (and doze off).
3. Invite your friends for a night of bowling. The bowling alley can be a lot of fun and those not-so-great looking shoes will definitely take your mind off of the day. Grab some pizza, listen to the great lane music and enjoy a wine or beer, it will be one fun night.
4. Watch a movie or a series marathon at home. Order a pizza or two, and don’t forget the ice cream. Watch all your favorite love movies and be a professional couch potato.
5. Organize a party for singles only. If your relationship situation mirrors Raj Koothrappali’s, you need to find your own Stuart and spearhead a party for all the lonely hearts on Valentine’s Day. Make it a VIP party if you wish. If your friend owns a restaurant, a coffee shop or simply a garage or backyard where you can accommodate people, then that’s a good start. What you need is to meet new people. Who knows, you might just find your own Lucy there, doing the same thing finding you.
Make the most out of your single life by actually enjoying it, even on Valentine’s Day. Celebrate the day full of positive self-love. Don’t think of it as a day of the dreaded, think of it as a way to start all over or just enjoy the small things. Sales happen so take advantage of them and have a great Valentine’s Day, your way.