Eggplant is so versatile.
Sometimes I use it in meatballs, other times just as cutlets.
I’ve eaten got a killer eggplant parmesan recipe.
Eggplants are so versatile, they can be grilled, roasted, sauteed, rolled, and fried.
Air fryer eggplant cutlets are perfect for sandwiches, with sauce, or can be made into an eggplant parmesan!
The air fryer keeps the eggplant, crisp and fried without the oil and the results are nothing short of amazing!
Air Fryer & All Your Foods
I’ve created over 270+ recipes for a major appliance brand, and I’ve learned lots!
Did you know that if you don’t preheat your air fryer, your food won’t turn out as GOOD as it could and should?
Don’t think you just plug it in and go.
I mean, you can, but you are going to shortchange your food.
Air fryers need to be preheated.
Also, be sure to add nonstick spray to your fry basket.
I know it says it is nonstick, but I am telling you, you don’t want the mess that could happen!
Eggplant Basics for Air Fryer Breaded Eggplant cutlets
When you look at an eggplant, make sure it is at least 4″ wide.
You do not want puny width.
Consider this a meal on its own.
If the width is small, the cut will be small.
So if you are placing the cutlets on a sandwich you want them to be a bit more to the LARGE side.
Use Italian breadcrumbing for a little taste.
While you don’t have to, it is what I use, I do prefer it.
Tip: When the eggplant comes out of the fryer, dust it with fresh Parmesan cheese.
Eggplant Tip for Air Fryer Breaded Eggplant Cutlets
After you wash the eggplant and peel and slice it, I suggest giving it a saltwater soak.
Place about 2 Tbsp of salt into a bowl of cold water (about 4 cups)
Put eggplant slices in and weight down with a plate.
The salt will remove the BITTER from the eggplant!
Allow the eggplant to soak in this for about 1/2 an hour, then drain and rinse.
Once the eggplants have been drained and are not sopping wet, it is time to begin.
Egg mixture matters & I learned this for a television food audition!
I allow my eggs to sit out while I prep all the aforementioned.
When I whisk my eggs I add water, some do not.
I like how it allows my eggs to whip better, no idea why but after making about 50 french omelets for a television audition I learned!
Bread All The Cutlets at Once for Air Fryer Eggplant Cutlets.
When you bread the cutlets, bread them all at once and place them on a waiting tray.
This way, when you need them, they are ready.
While one batch is in, you can clean up.
When the first batch comes out, use some parmesan as recommended.
Hopefully, it will melt into the cutlet. Mmmmm.
Grab the recipe here for Air Fryer Breaded Eggplant Cutlets
- 1 Eggplant Rinsed, Peeled and sliced.
- 3 Eggs whisked + 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 1/2 C Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Optional: Parmesan cheese & Mozarella Cheese after cooking
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400° F
- Wash, rinse, peel and slice eggplant into uniform pieces.
- Whisk and egg + water together in a shallow bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Dip Eggplant pieces one by one into the egg.
- Next dip into breadcrumbs.
- Place cutlets as many as can lay flat in the air fryer basket.
- Program fryer to 9 minutes for the first batch.
- Once the cycle is done the eggplant cutlets should be removed.
- Place them on a serving dish and dust with parmesan cheese.
- Optional, cover with shredded mozzarella.
- Repeat process for the rest of the eggplant pieces.
- Either serve or refrigerate.