Time is precious little when we are on vacation and I like to make the most of all the daytime that we have. One thing I know for sure is that my kids will be raiding the kitchen in our vacation beach house as often as they can because swimming, and playing at the beach makes them voracious! Early in the morning while everyone is still asleep I hang out in the kitchen with my cup of coffee and prep up our food for the day so that the rest of the day will just be easy going. While my one son has severe food allergies and can not eat this as it is seafood, my other kids jam on this and eat it by the spoonful. Since I don’t eat meat, I searched for a way to enjoy Buffalo Chicken Dip without chicken as I was just totally craving that hot flavor against the blue cheese that I love. I headed to my pantry snapped up a can of Salmon and the recipe of Buffalo Salmon Dip occurred. The Buffalo Salmon Dip I prepare has very few ingredients in it and the whole preparation is quick and easy. Buffalo Salmon Dip is a lavish treat that will have you coming back for more and more. Lavishly live time at the beach out on the beach, and out of the kitchen, while you prep this easy to make Buffalo Salmon Dip.
While we were at Food Lion shopping, we quickly grabbed the few things we would need for this, let me list them here so you can grab them too, and you can also print the recipe if you like which has the ingredients as well. This is such an easy spin on the traditional chicken and yet it is more satisfying especially when you are at the beach!
2 — 6 oz cans of Boneless, Skinless Pink Salmon
Shredded Cheese of some sort(it does not matter what kind of cheese, I am partial to a Mozzarella mix, but you can use any) You will need 1/2 C or so
1- 8 oz package of Cream cheese(if you are cutting calories, then get the low fat)
Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch whichever your palate prefers and you will need just about 1/2 C
Frank’s Red Hot Sauce Original(or whichever one you like)
Here is what it looks like BEFORE it is baked.
- 2 - 6 oz cans of Boneless, Skinless Salmon, Drained
- 1 - 8 oz Package of Cream Cheese - Softened
- 1/2 Cup of Any type of shredded Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Salad Dressing: Ranch, Blue Cheese, Asiago or Chipotle
- Up to 1/2 Cup of Frank's Hot Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit. While the oven is heating, mix ingredients in a bowl as follows.
- Salmon should go into bowl and be broken up with a fork so there are no large chunks. Then add in the cream cheese, cutting it into the salmon. Once this is mixed together well add in the dressing of choice as well as the shredded cheese. Now add in your Hot Dressing(Frank's) but add it a little at a time, remember 1/2 C is really gonna blaze and less may be better if your crew does not like heat so much. Place all of the mixed ingredients into a round pie pan-type dish and allow to bake for 25 minutes. You are baking this to not only warm, but to melt the cheese and activate the heat from the hot sauce. Take out of oven and serve warm(careful this will really be sizzling). Serve on Tortilla chips, bread, pita chips, bagels or eat it by the spoonful. Refrigerate any leftovers and you can serve again warm or cold.
Here is the final product I allowed it to bake for 25 minutes to get that little bit of ‘crunch’ on the sides.
This is perfect for crowds, served cold, hot or even the next day. I love serving this with pita chips and bread chunks. My kids smear it over bread and sometimes add lettuce and tomato to make a sandwich-like creation. Flat breads, Pitas, they all make a wonderful presentation with the Buffalo Salmon Dip and you can see how easy it is to prepare! Lavishly live food out loud with this great recipe for Buffalo Salmon Dip, enjoying a great appetizer with drinks while hanging out on your great deck and enjoying the waves rolling in! Cheers.