Traditional Italian food does not have to take long to make in order to be delicious. In fact, many of the recipes my grandmother has handed down to me have been able to be trimmed and adapted to my fast-paced lifestyle.
I don’t lose ingredients in the change-ups, but I save time! Today’s’ recipe of easy Italian Breaded Chicken Breasts introduces a step I sometimes omit, but find necessary to get the best tasting chicken.
We dine out on a rather frequent basis, and every time my kids order Italian Breaded Chicken Breasts the return on flavor they are waiting for, slips into the beyond and of course I end up making the recipe of easy Italian Breaded Chicken Breasts the next night.
Lavishly live food out loud and try this recipe for Easy Italian Breaded Chicken Breasts that is easy, fast and delicious.
Gather your ingredients before you start, and make sure to cover your cutting board with either a parchment paper or a new brown bag, this will help in eliminating mess and spreading bacteria from the chicken.
Also, as you can see from the ingredients you will need an egg, so crack it ahead of time and whisk it as well, so this will just be ready and waiting.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Breast of Chicken Fillets
- 1 Cup of Italian Bread Crumb
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp of Oil
- 1 Rectangular Baking Dish
- Meat Mallet
- Parchment Paper
- Cutting Board
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare on rectangular dish with oil, coating bottom of baking dish
- Whisk Egg
- Place Italian Bread Crumbs In Tray
- With mallet, place each piece of chicken on a parchment paper covered cutting board and pound
- After each piece has been pounded it is time to bread the chicken.
- Dip Each Piece of Chicken into the egg
- Dip each piece of chicken into the bread crumbs
- Place each piece of chicken into the baking tray
- Cover with foil
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Optional - sprinkle with lemon when baking is completed.
The oil that the chicken bakes in, gives it just enough to enhance the baked flavor, while not saturating the end result. Additionally, when baked properly that little bit of ‘crisping’, when the chicken slightly sticks to the bottom, yet easily removes will occur, making it delicious!
The recipe only takes about 5 minutes to prepare and 35 minutes to bake so a total preparation and cook time of 40 minutes (not including dishes). The parchment paper leads to an easier cleanup as the board below should not be coated in chicken.
Do make sure to sanitize the entire working area and all cooking utensils you have used.
The Easy Italian Breaded Chicken is easily made in large batches so it is great for tweens and teens who have non-stop appetites. Additionally if you make large batches you can use it atop salads, sliced up and tossed over Alfredo Pasta and so on. Lavishly live food out loud and enjoy this easy Italian Baked Chicken.