Exactly when did you start settling for basic?
Soups need to be zestful and full-flavored in order to satisfy.
For those of you that love your Instant Pot and are vegetarian, my flavor-bombed spicy vegetarian tortilla soup is the next recipe to adopt into your cookbook!
I love all different kinds of soups.
Flavor-Bombed Spicy vegetarian tortilla soup is perfect for a snack, lunch, or dinner.
In fact, for those that eat meat, but are seeking a great tortilla soup, add boiled chicken meat to this recipe to change it up!
Simply put, you won’t find an easier soup to make that delivers such bold flavor.
I am sure of this!
My flavor-bombed vegetarian tortilla soup elevates basic to impressive without being too spicy.
Unlike most soups, the flavor-bomb occurs through the fresh ingredients!
Flavor-Bombed Spicy Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
So many soups just don’t get a second nod from me, but tortilla soup is worth a few nods!
In reality, basic soup is never part of my daily lifestyle.
I love spiced-up foods, but I find ways to add more natural ingredients to get there!
It’s Not About The Big Bowls
When I eat soup, I portion it.
Bigger is not better it is just a bloater!
So, remember that each and every time you scoop your soup!
Beans, beans, the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you ‘toot toot!’
Balance is key.
Meaning, a can of beans is great, multiple cans, not so much.
The beans can be made from dry beans or canned.
Remember canned beans will have more sodium, but, they are ready immediately.
Rinse canned beans once they are open.
Also, do not add the beans until you are totally done cooking the soup or they will be mushy!
Last, black beans are fine, so are white northern beans or cannellini.
Choose what makes you happy!
Topping Off Flavor-bombed Spicy Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
Remember, it’s not just the soup that is tasty, but what you put on top.
Instead of just slurping the soup, add some color and more taste!
First, try cutting up some avocado.
Avocado really tastes great against the soup textures.
Next, add a few tortilla chips for scooping whatever you can.
Lime chips are amazing in this spicy vegetarian tortilla soup!
Who cares if you make a mess, that’s half the fun of this soup.
Even more, add in shredded Mexican Cheese.
Don’t forget to add sour cream or ranch on the top too.
Swirl that sour cream of ranch around to let it seep into the soup as well!
Being honest here, I’ve even gone as far as to put shredded lettuce across the top.
Remember, salsa or taco sauce really is yummy and spicy too, add it on!
Themed Night Dinners for Spicy Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
There are a lot of great holidays that pass us by.
From Cinco de Mayo to Labor Day, and of course, every party in between, offering a soup is a great fiesta option.
For us, we often have monthly theme nights where we cook Mexican foods or Italian foods. so, maybe make a Mexican night!
Prepare this spicy vegetarian tortilla soup and a bunch of fun sides.
And for the adults, make a Pear Margarita, Olé!
Change this from Vegetarian to Meat (Carne)
To make this for those that want to eat meat, you have a few options.
Boil some chicken breast separately and then add it in by the bowl, instead of into the pot.
Or of course, you could cook the chicken breast into the soup at the beginning when you are cooking the veggies, you would sear the chicken.
Also, you could use canned chicken if you want to just add it in, after the vegetarian portion is made.
Your options are endless.
If you love seafood you could add shrimp.
Grab the recipe, bookmark the page, and share your photos of your soups with me.
#DanaVentoTortillaSoup on Instagram and Pinterest
Spicy Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
Flavor-Bombed Spicy Vegetarian Tortilla SoupSo many soups just don't get a second nod from me, but tortilla soup is worth a few nods!In reality, basic soup is never part of my daily lifestyle. I love spiced-up foods, but I find ways to add more natural ingredients to get there!
It's Not About The Big BowlsWhen I eat soup, I portion it. Bigger is not better it is just a bloater!So, remember that each and every time you scoop your soup!
Beans, beans, the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you 'toot toot!'Balance is key. Meaning, a can of beans is great, multiple cans, not so much. The beans can be made from dry beans or canned. Remember canned beans will have more sodium, but, they are ready immediately. Rinse canned beans once they are open. Also, do not add the beans until you are totally done cooking the soup or they will be mushy!Last, black beans are fine, so are white northern beans or cannellini. Choose what makes you happy!
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Whole Garlic Cloves peeled and 1/2'd
- 1/2 C Mixed Peppers red, yellow, orange rinsed, chopped, seeded mixed for color)
- 1/4 C or about 7 Shishito Peppers rinsed, and cut into 1/3's
- 1 medium yellow onion skinned, rinsed, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- Dash or up to a Teaspoon of Red Cayenne Pepper
- 32 Oz Low Sodium Vegetable Broth + 2 C Water
- 16 0 z Fire-Roasted Corn
- Dash Red Cayenne Pepper
- 2 - 13.5 Oz Cans of diced and fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 6 oz Tomato Paste+ 2 Cans of Water mixed
- A teaspoon of Sugar white
- Shishito Peppers
- 1- 15.5 Oz Can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- Medium Lime 1 rinsed, 1/2'd & ready to squeeze
- A handful of shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1/4 of an Avocado rinsed, sliced
- Chili Lime Seasoning Blend optional Dash
- Prepare an Instant Pot Liner (pot, or another electric pressure cooker) with olive oil.
- Set to Saute.
- Next, add in garlic.
- Follow with pepper mixture.
- Add in Shishito Peppers.
- Now add-in onion and minced garlic.
- Dash with Red Cayenne Pepper
- Mix and allow to saute until onions are translucent.
- Add 1/4 C of Broth and mix again.
- Next is the roasted corn and then combine thoroughly.
- Add more broth, (about 1/2 C) mix and allow to simmer a few minutes.
- Repeat broth again emptying container.
- Next, fire-roasted tomatoes with their juice.
- Tomato Paste + Water combination, mixing to combine all.
- Follow with sugar.
- Cover with Pressure Cooker lid.
- Cancel Saute Mode.
- Soup Mode to 30 minutes.
- Release Method: Immediately (Be Very Careful of steam release burns and the valve)
- Toss in beans.
- Squeeze the lime.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Top with shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream (optional), and a few TORTILLA chips.
- Serve warm.