Frosty peppermint hot chocolate bombs are ready to awaken your senses in your favorite beverage.
What is your favorite morning beverage?
Coffee, milk, hot cocoa, water?
Get ready to awaken your senses and experience the tastes of cool peppermint combined with indulgent chocolate.
But wait, there’s more (a commercial, lol!)
You get a show in your glass, cup, mug, mason jar, or whatever heatproof drinkware you sip from.
Place your homemade frosty peppermint hot chocolate bomb in your drinkware, cover with steaming water, milk, or coffee and watch the hot chocolate bomb float then sink.
When it sinks the magic of the frosty peppermint hot chocolate bomb begins.
Are you ready to sip and savor?
My fresh and fabulous chocolate ball is easy to make and uses basic ingredients you probably already have!
Frosty Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs
Let’s start with this, have you already tried my Perfect Hot Chocolate Bombs?
So, if you are a person that wants to savor and sip a cup of hot chocolate with basic flavors that are a bit richer than the average hot chocolate you make, try this recipe first.
I’ve been so busy making hot chocolate bombs, selling, sharing, and for gifts that I should have posted this sooner, but have not had time!
Molds and Your Hot Chocolate Bombs
Did I mention that I cut through my sphere silicone?
Yep, and I am LOST without it.
So, as you can see I still had success using my peanut butter cup mold, lol!
These turned out perfectly and I did not have the right mold, but I ♥ snowmen and so do 25 customers who bought a dozen each at one local holiday bake sale in under 1 hour!
Really if you have a mold not bigger than 2 1/2″ you are good to go
Any bigger than it’s too large to fill and way too strong and big for a cup.
Consider a mug’s opening and how chocolatey you want your beverage.
Chocolate – White is bright
I love white chocolate and snowmen are easy to make because you don’t have to do much to that chocolate.
As you see, I did tweak the red trim with food coloring for chocolate.
The red was NOT red enough.
Plus, I did not use normal food coloring, you can’t on chocolate it will RUIN It.
I use this fabulous chocolate food coloring that turns out perfect every single time.
Brilliant red, bright blues, great greens, never are a challenge, nor does it ruin the Texture of my cooking chocolate.
Hot Chocolate Tip For Frosty Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs
Purchase hot chocolate packets with mini marshmallows already in them.
Conversely, just buy mini bit marshmallows.
The brand does not matter on the hot chocolate, you are crafting a gourmet hot chocolate bomb and the chocolate flavor will also come from the mold you are making.
Last, I used peppermint hot chocolate to make sure to hit a home run with flavor.
To balance you can use buttermints chopped or candy cane pieces.
Recipe For Frosty Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs
Frosty Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 24 ounces of chocolate I use almond bark, white
- 1 Packet of hot cocoa or 8 Tablespoons of hot cocoa
- Marshmallows optional
- 7-9 Buttermints Crushed or one candy cane
- Hershey Kiss White Striped Peppermint Chocolates
- 12 ounces of milk or more depending on your mug size x 5 (per mug)
- A few red melting wafers 7 are plenty (eyes, and seal around the middle, as well as for holding Kiss to the head)
- one sandwich platter
- Gloves for your hands vinyl
- Thin Paint Brush
- Break the almond bark into pieces following the perforations.
- Each piece is 2 ounces.
- Next, set up your workspace.
- Grab a microwave-safe bowl.
- Open your hot chocolate packet & A tablespoon
- Set aside about 1/2 C of Mini Marshmallows for cocoa.
- Place your crushed buttermint or candy cane in a bowl.
- Pull out your favorite hot cocoa mugs (for 5)
- Place your silicone form in front of you.
- Microwave about 6-8 ounces of chocolate (45 seconds or then in 15-second intervals until it mixes to smooth with a fork)
- Once it is smoothed, paint it on the silicone molds making sure to capture the sides of the mold and the base.
- Carefully move to the refrigerator and allow it to cool for up to 5 minutes but it will be more like 3 minutes.
- Again, heat about 6 ounces more of chocolate and paint the sidewalls of the form (to make sure it is strong enough and won't break when handled.
- Now refrigerate again briefly.
- Once set and no longer wet (don't refrigerate more than 5 minutes), it's time to remove each from the mold.
- Gently push from the bottom and each should detach.
- Place each of the cups in front of you, 2 together. (they are a pair, one is the top and one is the bottom)
- ** READ This BEFORE YOU FILL ***You should STILL Have 5 other Halves that will NOT be filled they are the TOPs which we will seal in a few more steps below.
- Then, fill 5 (1/2's) each with a tablespoon of hot peppermint chocolate.
- Toss in some of the buttermint (or candy cane)
- Follow that with marshmallows.
- Now it's time to seal the cups.
- There are a few methods. (paintbrush or melted platter)
- However, on these, I actually heated a Microwave-safe plate for ONE Minute to make it very warm to touch, and perfect to melt the chocolate of the UNFILLED Half (the rim) and then match it to it's filled partner.
- This lets the mold together.
- Allow it to sit, and then, just to make sure they are sealed.
- While they are setting, make the red color chocolate.
- Melt Red Wafers in the microwave (30 seconds first then 15 seconds if not melted).
- Add a dot of red coloring (chocolate food coloring, not basic food coloring read post to see what I used)
- Let this cool for a minute, you don't want it TOO Hot or it will melt your seal.
- I used a paintbrush and do what I call paintbrush rimming with a little more melted chocolate that is not HOT, just pliable. This way, I am not MELTING the chocolate when I seal it.
- Also at this point, you want to add the hat and eyes.
- For the hat, just add a little of the red melted wafers and affix that to the bottom of the 'kiss' then to the head of the snowman.
- Paint a few eyes on with the red too.
- Now, let that sit until it is no longer wet (about 5 minutes)
- Really this dries very fast.
- Warm your milk to steaming not boiling.
- Place the Perfect Hot chocolate bomb in the bottom of your mug.
- Pour over with milk.
- The hot chocolate bomb will first rise and then implode.
- When it does the marshmallows will resurface.
- Enjoy (it's hot be careful! )