What happens when you take chocolate ganache and color it red? You’ve created a red colored white chocolate ganache recipe that is perfect to use as red dripping blood on any baked good for Halloween or red atop a heart cake for Valentine’s, or you might even use the red color ganache for Christmas baked goods that need a vibrant holiday red!
Baking and holidays abound year-round in my home and since you are reading this I bet in yours too! You’ve come to the right place to learn how to make red ganache icing.
When you see ganache you might not even know that it is ganache, but you might consider it tasty icing as it can be placed upon a cake instead of buttercream or with buttercream!
Today I’ll share how to make red ganache icing.
Reasons You Are Going To Love The Red Ganache Recipe
- the colored drips red ganache recipe is ridiculously easy but makes you look pro!
- ingredients for the red colored white chocolate ganache recipe are super easy to find
- you can and should make the red ganache ahead of time
- chocolate ganache with red color is great as a filling for cakes and cupcakes, and as a frosting for cakes, and cupcakes*
- the holiday red ganache can be used for Valentine’s, Christmas, Fourth of July, Halloween, and so on!
- learning how to make red ganache will be useful because you can use ganache to decorate cakes, cookies, sweetbreads, and plenty more.
- this chocolate color drip ganache recipe can be made, thicker and thinner to fit whatever you are making!
- the red ganache will grace your baked good with a sweet, sophisticated, yet creamy taste
*do note that to use red ganache or any ganache as a frosting, a filling, or the like, you’ve got to let it thicken and you can do such by mixing for an extended time or allowing it to settle up on the counter or refrigerator, depending how thick you need it to become, and your ratio of chocolate to cream will change.
Learning How To Make Red Ganache Icing Will Prove Functional For Seasonal Baking
Versatile should be the middle name for Ganache! Ganache is the recipe you want for your ripe red color holidays!
Kitchen Essentials To Make The Red Ganache Recipe
- microwave safe bowls
- measuring cup
- spoon for mixing or a fork
- rubber spatula
Ingredients For The Red Ganache Recipe
- heavy whipping cream
- meltable candy wafers or white chocolate morsels
- Red Oil Food Coloring *optional
How To Make Red Ganache Icing Overview
The whole process of making lovely white chocolate red ganache is not difficult and for all of the exact measurements just jump to the ganache recipe!
You’ll start by microwaving your heavy whipping cream, and kinda bring it to a boil but not really.
Then you’ll add in some of the chocolate meltable wafers and stir.
Follow that with the rest of the wafers, stirring and combining.
As you are stirring it will thicken and if it not getting thick enough you will counter its resistance with more meltable wafers (chocolate)
If you used red meltable wafers the red ganache looks pinker at this point, so you’ll want to pony up and add some special red coloring to amp that red!
Repeat this until you get the RED Ganache color you were seeking then stop adding the red!
Now you’ve got blood red ganache, or love red ganache, or Christmas red ganache, or Patriotic red ganache for the red, white and blue!
Holidays Worth Learning How To Make Red Ganache Icing To Decorate Or Frost Treats
Now consider all of the holidays that the color red is part of.
- Valentine’s Day, the color red represents, hot-lovin’, love, my one and only, etc.
- On the contrary, the color red used on Halloween is BLOOD. Merciless killing, etc.
- Fourth of July where the Red is part of the patriotic theme when baking right?
- Don’t overlook Christmas with red wreaths, buffalo plaid, red bows, etc.
Also, consider if you can perfect the art of how to make red ganache icing, you can create beautiful white cakes with red icing hearts for love. You are amazing.
Once you learn how to make red ganache icing, and if you bake, you are sure to use it more than one time!
See, when I look for a good recipe to learn, I always make sure it is both versatile and easy.
So I guess you can figure out what you should learn how to make red ganache icing at some point right?
Melting Wafers (meltable chocolate) And How I Create Colored Ganache
I created an icing that drips with a colored ganache in red, but I could have made it any color. Easy!
The thing about getting the right shade of red is the thing about starting with the right color of melting chocolate.
So this means, I’ve used semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips in my ganaches, but this red needs to be red and I don’t want to wage a war to get to the red ganache frosting I am in need of.
The perfect solution for red ganache icing is red candy melt wafers, but I can also use white chocolate morsels which easily turn red!
However to keep things simple, seek out the colorful melting wafers of choices and it makes ganache very easy to create.
But I still have to adjust the red, as stated, it will appear pinker, but this is not hard to do, but you MUST use the right coloring method or you will destroy the melts.
Bringing Red Ganache to Its Fullest Red-Blood Red Or Holiday Red
Melting wafers require a particular dye with oils in it that won’t ruin it.
Additionally, if you choose to use chocolate morsels they require the same, you can not use everyday food coloring.
I use this candy coloring to get the right color.
If I want a chocolate taste, I often just use chips, but, when I really want good color, I use melting wafers.
Melting wafers come in many different colors and then I up the color boldness by dropping in candy coloring.
Intensifying color when needed.
Learn How To Make Red Ganache With Flavor
Did I mention you can also FLAVOR your melting wafers?
Just purchase an oil-based flavor extract to achieve the flavor you are seeking.
If you do not use oil-based flavor extract you will RUIN your wafers.
For those that try to use a water-based colorant, it’s not going to work, you need these special oil colors to color your chocolate.
Truly some next-level stuff without too much fuss!
What Melting Wafer Options Do I Often Use?
Melting wafers of chocolate creates colored ganache but so do morsels.
I’ve tested so many wafers, and so much chocolate, these make me the happiest with the end result.
- Ghiradelli Chocolate Melting wafers are my go-to. They never fail me and the flavor is rich.
- I also love white chocolate morsels for baking (Nestle)
- There are other basic melting wafers such as Wilton Brand and I use them quite often as well.
Again, I’ve got to stress that any time you can not find the colorful candy wafer you need, go for white and color them.
Now you can make my chocolate ganache blood.
Grab More Halloween-Inspired Recipes Here
- Halloween Charcuterie Board
- Halloween Eyeball Brookies
- Halloween Bloodshot Eye Eggs
- Halloween Spider Web Eggs
- Bleeding Cake
- Eyeball biscotti
- Red Blood Ganache
- Halloween Barfing Pumpkin With Chips
- Skeleton Veggies Tray
- Candy Corn Veggie Tray
- Spider Web Buffalo Dip
- Vampire Bat Chocolate Ball Dessert
- Blood coffins
- Magical Witch Cookies
- Halloween Mozzarella Eyeballs
- Caramel Apple Pops
- Caramel Apple Pie
Make sure to come back + tell me if you used my red ganache icing
Make Red Ganache Icing with The Recipe
- 1 C Heavy whipping cream
- 1 C meltable candy wafers or white chocolate morsels
- Red Oil Food Coloring *optional
- microwave safe bowl
- In a microwaveable bowl, place heavy whipping cream.
- Microwave it for about 45 seconds bringing it to the beginning of a boil, but not boiling.
- Remove from the microwave.
- Add in 1/2 C of the meltable chocolate pieces.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes then stir.
- Then, add in the rest of the chocolate pieces.
- Again let it all sit for 2 minutes or so.
- Now stir, to combine and smooth, because the heat will continue to melt those wafers (chips) whatever you used.
- As you stir, it will thicken.
- If it is not getting thick enough add more chocolate pieces.
- *Tip >>Heavy whipping cream thins, while the chocolate thickens.
- Stir and the color will change.
- Next, let's get the RED popping.
- Add a drop at a time, the special chocolate coloring for candy in. (if you are happy with the color of your melting chips, you don't need this step, but if you started with white chips, you have to color them red)
- If the color you want is not there yet, add another drop or 2 until you achieve your desired shade of red.
- For those that want to flavor the red ganache icing, simply add in the appropriate flavor oils discussed in blog post.
- Use for your cake, or drippings or dippings.
You will need chocolate food coloring, do not use regular food coloring or it will ruin your chocolate.
Candy food coloring is oil-based food colors that do not ruin the chocolate.
Generally, the colors are more vibrant and it takes less candy coloring to achieve.
The candy colors are specially formulated to actually bind with the chocolate.
Don't skip on this part, unless you purchase already RED chocolate chips and melt those.
My bet is, however, that the red won't be brilliant enough for you against the white cake.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 c Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1117Total Fat: 83gSaturated Fat: 52gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 5gSugar: 72gProtein: 14g
nutrition information is inaccurate.