Hey, Hallmark Channel This is How Hot Cocoa Should be Made with Perfect Hot Chocolate Bombs!
It’s not about those little Hot cocoa carts you have all over the screen, instead it’s about hot chocolate bombs lighting up the milk with flavor!
In case you didn’t notice Hot chocolate bombs are taking over TikTok and Pinterest.
Perfect Hot chocolate bombs take hot cocoa to a drinkgasm level.
Rich-tasting chocolate surrounds hot chocolate and anything else you put in the ‘chocolate bomb’ as it implodes and then explodes.
I’m not going to sell you on it, I’ll just say this, “If you LOVE hot chocolate, get onboard the Perfect Hot Chocolate Bomb train, sip, slurp and indulge in chocolate.”
Now, for those of you that heart on the perfect cup of hot chocolate (hot cocoa) just know this is as easy as easy can be to make.
There are no special tricks, to crafting these and what’s better is that you can create exclusive flavors that YOU love to drink.
Since there is only one way to truly understand the rich, imparting flavor of perfect hot chocolate bombs, read on, and use this recipe to make your own!
Perfect Hot Chocolate Bombs
First, you gotta know that everyone’s hot chocolate bombs will be different and that is great!
The Perfect Hot chocolate bomb will be set in the bottom of the mug, and once it is covered with WARM milk, it will rise to the top, and then implode and explode.
As it implodes to the bottom of the cup because the side seams give way to the heat, it then sinks to the bottom while the marshmallows and sprinkles will RISE to the top.
Holy Hot Chocolate Bomb Perfection!
Make The Perfect Hot Chocolate Bombs Exclusively Yours!
You add what you want into your perfect hot chocolate bomb, making it exclusively your recipe.
Next, you can make them to gift and to drink!
Do know that once you make them you will be addicted and probably make them over and over and over again because they are so rich and tasty.
Next time you tune into a Hallmark Movie and those Hallmark actors sipping hot cocoa, grab your perfect Hot Chocolate Bomb and show them how hot cocoa is really done!
My Hot Chocolate Addiction
I’ve brought chocolate home on so many vacations just so I could use it in hot chocolate.
By far, the one I’ve loved the best is from a trip to Puerto Vallarta.
When you have chocolate you love, use it.
I love hot chocolate and I’ve tried so many different recipes.
In fact, I plan desserts around hot chocolate, but none of the recipes I’ve used even come close to the intense flavor this offers.
Tips For Chocolate And Perfect Hot Chocolate Bombs
Chocolate It’s Not That Hard To Find the Right One (No.1 )
To keep this easy, I am going to share a few secrets to make the perfect hot chocolate bomb.
YOu don’t have to spend a mint on chocolate.
In fact, ALDI and Walmart have some great almond bark that I use always.
Buy a package of both their white and their dark chocolate.
You will use almost 24 ounces on 8.
Next, you don’t have to melt it on defrost.
Nope, just toss a few ounces (each piece is 2 oz) into a microwaveable container for about 45 seconds to a minute.
Pull it out and stir it.
Of course, you can also use chocolate chips, I just prefer the chocolate for baking because it comes out shiny, tasty, and pretty much is fail-safe in prep.
Did I mention you can use candy bars or melting wafers as well? You Can.
No. 2 Hot Chocolate From Packets, Powders, etc.
For those of you that LOVE packets of hot chocolate, well, your life just got made even better.
Use a hot chocolate pack and make 6 Perfect Hot Chocolate Bombs.
YES, I said 6.
Really, when I first made these I was kind of not a believer because a hot chocolate packet is usually pretty weak beyond 8 oz of milk or water right?
Not in this case.
You are going to divide that packet into 6 perfect scoops for each perfect hot chocolate bomb!
So keep buying what you like, we are just gonna make it taste EVEN better!
In case you prefer hot chocolate in a canister, use it, by the tablespoon and it works just fine!
No. 3 Don’t Be Afraid to make These But…
There’s no need to be worried about making this.
Rather, be worried about what you make them in!
I am going to just say, I will only share this: use silicone, everything else sucks!
Tested. True and too much work!
Are you seeking a silicone hot chocolate bomb form?
A three-pack will allow you to make 6 at a time and gift the 3rd form.
Or, make 9 at a time!
These forms are nonstick, easy to clean, and really make the perfect hot chocolate bomb!
Also, you will need a paintbrush if you seal them as I did.
No. 4 Don’t Boil And If You Do
Boiled milk is hot, hot, HOT!
You may want to indulge father than the beverage is ready for consumption.
So, steam the milk to the point it is almost ready to boil but is NOT boiling.
Don’t worry your perfect hot chocolate bomb will implode and then pop to the top after it sinks!
No. 5 Exclusively Yours With What?
What do you put in your hot chocolate?
Really what have you seen on a hot chocolate bar?
Peppermint pieces crushed?
Do use MINI Marshmallows.
P.S. You Can FREEZE marshmallows!
What about caramel syrup or maple syrup?
Don’t forget about flavored jams, or spreads, and Peanut butter!
The list of options is endless!
No. 6 The Mug Matters for Perfect Hot Chocolate Bombs
Now, the most important piece of all of this is the mug.
Pay attention to the mug size you are using.
You want to fill it 3/4 of the way and allow for not only very warm milk (that some may boil and that will run over).
I used 12 oz of steamed milk, on the cusp of boiling.
Once I dropped in my Perfect Hot chocolate bomb, I was glad I did not fill it to the 14 oz marker!
Stand back and watch it make.
Have room to stir and of course add whipped cream!
- 24 ounces of chocolate I use almond bark, both white and dark
- 1 Packet of hot cocoa or 8 Tablespoons of hot cocoa
- Marshmallows optional
- 12 ounces of milk or more depending on your mug size x 5
- Break the almond bark into pieces following the perforations.
- Each piece is 2 ounces.
- Next, set up your workspace.
- Grab a microwave-safe bowl.
- Open your hot chocolate packet & A tablespoon
- Set aside about 1/2 C of Mini Marshmallows for cocoa.
- Pull out your favorite hot cocoa mugs (for 5)
- Place your silicone form in front of you.
- Microwave about 6-8 ounces of chocolate (45 seconds or then in 15-second intervals until it mixes to smooth with a fork)
- Once it is smoothed, paint it on the silicone molds making sure to capture the sides of the mold and the base.
- Carefully move to the refrigerator and allow it to cool for up to 5 minutes but it will be more like 3 minutes.
- Again, heat about 6 ounces more of chocolate and paint the sidewalls of the form (to make sure it is strong enough and won't break when handled.
- Now refrigerate again briefly.
- Once set and no longer wet (don't refrigerate more than 5 minutes), it's time to remove each from the mold.
- Gently push from the bottom and each should detach.
- Place each of the cups in front of you, 2 together.
- Then, fill each with a tablespoon of hot chocolate.
- Follow that with marshmallows.
- Now it's time to seal the cups.
- There are a few methods.
- I've used a paintbrush on mine with more chocolate.
- Let that sit until it is no longer wet (about 5 minutes)
- Warm your milk to steaming not boiling.
- Place the Perfect Hot chocolate bomb in the bottom of your mug.
- Pour over with milk.
- The hot chocolate bomb will first rise and then implode.
- When it does the marshmallows will resurface.
- Enjoy (it's hot be careful! )