The flavors of fall range from pumpkin spice, caramel, apples, and savory cinnamon. Tasting fall on a spoon is fall fabulous.
Today’s Fall fabulous apple pie ice cream is a no-churn recipe that you can make fast and eat 6 hours later*
Apple Pie Ice Cream
When you are ready for the perfect fall treat, with a simple cinnamon caramel base, stocked with apple pieces, and more, you’ll discover no-churn apple pie ice cream.
While the title for this foodie post wold have been far too big, in reality this is Apple Pie A La Mode.
Inside the small containers you’ll find caramel, nuts, graham cracker and lots of cinnamon flavor.
However, you won’t find a true apple pie, but all the flavors and tastes you’ve come to love.
Tips For Apple Pie Ice Cream Preparation
No matter what, I keep a condensed milk in my refrigerator. I prefer this particular item to be chilled.
I also love sugar-free flavorings, and often find them at HomeGoods in the food section, and then I just stock up.
For apple pie ice cream or apple pie a la mode ice cream, I did use salted caramel, about 1 ounce.
If you love shopping online you want to check out this brand I use from Amazon, as it is shipped right to my doorstep!
Never add more than 1 ounce, I have learned that the hard way.
You’ll note I don’t add salt to the recipe either, because you don’t need to.
Do expect your apple pie ice cream to be a lighter consistency, not fluffy but not as hard as hard ice cream, but it is also hardly soft-serve.
Please make sure to use ice cream containers it ensures that you won’t have ice cream sticking to a container (been there done that).
For those that anticipate making ice cream often, I suggest these simple small ice cream containers, I own and love them. Buy 12 unless you scale this recipe in 1/2.
What You Don’t Need To Make Apple Pie A La Mode Ice Cream (apple pie ice cream)
If you are wondering then what you do need to make no-churn ice cream, let me share what you don’t need.
- ice cream maker
- special tools
- pro chef skills
You will need, about 20 minutes, a few ingredients and freezer space, coupled with the silicone ice cream containers I’ve mentioned before.
Follow the Directions for Apple Pie Ice Cream & …
When I started making no-churn ice cream, I didn’t do it right, you’ve got to whip it to get it fluffy BEFORE you add anything in or it will not turn out right.
So, if you have done the proper prep (which is short, fast and easy!) you will see that when you go to mix in your other ingredients, like apples and sauces, it will sit atop, which is what you want.
If you did NOT whip the combinations together properly, your ingredienst will sink right the bottom of the bowl.
Nut Free Version of Apple Pie Ice Cream
For anyone with nut allergies, just elimanate the nuts in this recipe, it’s that easy.
However as far as dairy allergies go, this is NOT dairy-free.
Ingredients + Change Ups
I love that this recipe is so verstale and for that reason you can add the nuts of YOUR choice!
- for those that prefer walnuts or pecans, use what you like for the nuts.
- do you love caramel use it, if not find a ice cream topping your prefer and use that.
- an additional change up is that quick freeze topping you can add when the ice cream is served!
- if you want to use a pie crust instead of my add-in for pie crust go for it.
Recipe for Apple Pie Ice Cream
Cinnamon Apple Pie Ice Cream
Smooth, rich, creamy no-churn apple pie ice cream is a Fall favorite. It's a super easy recipe to make and the taste is outstanding.
You have complete control over the flavor panel from cinnamon to apple, by adding more or less of each.
Enjoy an incredible ice cream that celebrates FALL from start to finish!
- 14 oz can of condensed milk (refrigerated preferred)
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Oz salted caramel coffee syrup ( I used sugar free you can use one with sugar)
- 1/4 or more as preferred of Caramel Syrup
- 1.2 oz of Freeze Dried Apples
- 2 Graham Cracker Squares Cracked into smaller pieces
- 1 -2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar (optional but yummy)
- 3 Teaspoons (or less as preferred) Cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons of Pecans
- Before you start, have your silicone ice cream containers ready.
- Using a stand mixer, and whisk attachment, place heavy cream in and mix on high speed for about 4-5 minutes.
- You need this heavy cream to form peaks, not stiff ones, just light.
- At about minute 4, stop the mixer and see if peaks can form by using a spatula dipped in the cream and pulling up.
- If it is ready, add in the chilled condensed milk, and again, mix.
- This time, you need the peaks to be firm and stiff.
- Mix on medium-high for about 7-8 minutes you will see the combination become thicker.
- Again, test it as I have indicated by stopping the mixer and pulling the spatula up to you.
- If the peaks are stiff, stop mixing.
- Basically you are mixing to combine and then you will remove the bowl from the mixer stand.
- Add in 1/2 of the caramel syrup.
- Next, add in the salted caramel flavoring syrup.
- Once removed, add in the graham cracker pieces.
- Add brown sugar (if using)
- Then add the apple pieces.
- Top off with the rest of the caramel
- And next sprinkle the cinnamon generously across.
- Fold in, to combine, but don't over mix.
- Using a small ladle, transfer from the bowl to each container.
- Repeat until all of the containers are filled.
- Then once all the containers are filled. top each with a teaspoon of pecans.
- Follow with a swirl more of caramel sauce (optional)
- Cover each.
- Freeze in containers with a lid on for at least 6 hours. *, see my note in the blog post.
- Keep Frozen if not using for up to six weeks.
- ENJOY ~ Dana XO
Freeze at least six hours.
I suggest a silicone container it makes ice cream release easier.
Set on counter for 5 minutes before serving, trust me on this!
Consider a double batch for larger groups.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 5g
nutritional content may be inaccurate
*Small containers that hold 6 oz each should be used to achieve this timing, in a freezer that is left undisturbed (not open or closed for that period of time)
Imagine The Dessert Options
Apple pie ice cream, or apple pie a la mode ice cream is amazing on a cut of pie, on brownies, as a side to apple cake, or even alone.
Stack apple pie ice cream between a pizelle and make a sandwich, so yummy!
Make fresh waffle cones or even top off a stroopwafel with some of this, you just can’t go wrong.
Enjoy around your fire pit gatherings, Thanksgiviing parties where apple pie and pumpkin pies need a serving partner!
Bite, taste, enjoy, repeat! Welcome to Fall! ~ Dana XO