I am all about the food. Sometimes I wonder if there is anything else in life? I had Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Bruschetta on my mind the other day and I got passionate with it. Red onion on its own can be quite pungent but when it marries up with a Red Roasted Pepper it is just plain zippy. I decided I had to share it with you because this is a very practical appetizer for any party and any party tray you might prepare to take anywhere! I am very preferential to creating recipes such as Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Bruschetta because its fusions of different vegetables compliment one another and the flavors are full-bodied and killer. The robust taste of feta mixed through a roasted red pepper mixture atop a piece of crunchy bread will send your hands scurrying to gather more before everyone else grabs it. This is my recipe for Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Bruschetta, a tantalizing taste treat that will treat you to toasted perfection as I lavishly live food out loud.
The Tools Of Roasted Red Pepper And Feta Bruschetta
Owning a baking stone, is the single reason for this recipe. I love that I can heat the stone up ahead of the bread, and then let it toast just from the Heat that the stone takes on. The heated stone is what creates perfect, untended love to the bread and the reason this recipe is so wildly successful in my home. No need to make bread that will break your teeth, so my advice is to grab a baking stone if you don’t have one.
Baking stones are so perfect for pizza nights, taking the moisture out and making that shell EXTRA crisp, they cook fries to perfection and nuggets are amazing. Here’s the recipe for my Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Bruschetta, get ready for a whole lot of yum.
Roasted Red Pepper And Feta Bruschetta
- 1 package of 12 oz Mushrooms sliced, chopped, rinsed and dried
- 1 Jar of Roasted Red Peppers jars are about 12 oz can be more or less
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion Skinned, Peeled, Chopped
- 1/4-1/2 C Feta Cheese
- 2 Tsp of Minced Garlic
- 1 Loaf of Ciabatta Bread Sliced thin into 1" slices
For The Bread Preparation
- Preheat the Oven To 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Place your baking stone in the oven and allow it to warm to temperature
- Slice Bread into 1" slices and place aside while Baking Stone Heats.
- Once the Stone is thoroughly heated Bring out of oven(use oven mitts) and place bread on it
- The bread should sit on there for 5 minutes and then you can turn it over to the opposite side
For The Toppings
- Chop the Mushrooms and the Red pepper. Do Not Drain the Red Pepper, you will use this juice for all the other veggies rather than using Olive oil or Italian dressing.
- The Roasted Reds need to be cut into small pieces I use kitchen Shears.
- Chop up your Red Onion, place it in a bowl with the Mushroom, minced Garlic and Feta
- Now add in Your Roasted Red Peppers and the Marinate they are in.
- Mix this very thoroughly and the marinate will absorb right into all the veggies
- Now it is time to top the bread with a few teaspoons of the mixture, just enough to coat each piece
- That is what it looks like and here it is up close. This is not about perfection or putting the same amount on each it is about coating the bread with a great mixture and making it look authentic and rustic.
- Bake these in the over for about 8 minutes. The Feta DOES NOT MELT, but the veggies will mix, and you do need to know that the bread will be VERY crunchy. This is best served with a libation and you can also create this in large batches. The batch created almost 20+ slices without skimping on any.
If you prefer to not use a pizza stone, and use a foil tray(makes cleanup even easier), then do not bake, BROIL for 2 minutes, it is sensational either way. Now you have my recipe for Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Bruschetta, a delicate balance of intricate flavors that will compliment any party range of food! What bruschetta have you created?