Salmon Burger Recipe
I love salmon and so many times I forget that there is more to grilling it, steaming it or adding it atop salads. The grocery store often just takes care of all the loose ends for me and sells me their version of a Salmon Burger. I often question what is in that salmon burger recipe and in fact if there is really enough salmon in the recipe to justify calling it a salmon burger.
Preparing my own food has a lot of perks, such as knowing what ingredients are in the recipe. I love having control over how much of an ingredient I can add in, or lessen that is what makes home cooking awesome.
For today’s salmon burger recipe I have eliminated some ingredients and tinkered with this over and over again to get it just right and I believe that we have arrived at the perfectly easy salmon burger recipe that most of you salmon burger lovers crave. Lavishly live food out loud and try out my salmon burger recipe.
Salmon Burger Recipe
Let’s get right to it, with the ingredients.
I used my Ninja Food Processor, or you can use any food processor.
3/4 of a Pound of Fresh Salmon, rinsed. Boneless, Skinless, chunked into pieces.
Then I mixed this grouping of ingredients together:
2 Tbsp of Mayo
2 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard
1 Tsp of Mediterranean salt
1 Tsp of Freshly ground pepper
1 Green onion chopped fine
1 Tbsp of Frank’s Hot Sauce (lessen if you like but it only flavors does not really spike the heat- that ratio of meat to sauce is too low)
At This Point Pulse To Mix
This is what the mixture should look like, it is lightly ‘tacky’ but is waiting for it’s binder the Panko Crumbs. Let’s add those in now.
Add: 1 C of Panko Bread Crumbs
Again, pulse and mix, the crumbs become part of the mixture, you won’t see them, after a few quick pulses.
FORMING THE BURGERS
Once you are all mixed up, it will be one uniform ‘salmon’ pink color and you will take out the blades (carefully) scraping all mixture off the blades, don’t let any of this fabu mix get away.
Place a sheet of foil on your counter, and lightly spray with a nonstick spray, not a lot just enough that the burgers won’t stick.
If your mixture is too sticky, you need more panko, just add them in and process through light pulses, do not over mix.
I simply divided 4 equal spoons of mixture into burgers, shaping edges. I made each burger less than 1/4″ thick all the way around.
On The Grill
It is really important to NOT Overcook these. They are not going to sizzle, or leave off a juice, this is a dry-type mixture. The foil allowed me to flip easily, and there are still grill marks on each side. I grilled at 500 degrees Fahrenheit for a total of 10 minutes, 5 per side and they were fully cooked. I flipped at the 5 minute point, without hesitation.
Chipotle Mayo totally rocks this salmon burger recipe. Serve this up with asparagus, and a delicious torn-romaine and feta salad with lemon dressing, you will LOVE the taste!. If you really want to enhance the burger, lightly grill a bun with a tad of butter across it, to give it a crisp texture that is rich in taste.
Print The Recipe
Salmon Burger RecipePrint
- Food Processor
- 3/4 of a Pound of Fresh Salmon rinsed, Boneless, Skinless, chunked into pieces.
- 2 Tbsp of Mayo
- 2 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tsp of Mediterranean salt
- 1 Tsp of Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Green onion chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp of Frank's Hot Sauce lessen if you like but it only flavors does not really spike the heat- that ratio of meat to sauce is too low
- 1 Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- Place salmon in food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add in the mustard, salt, ground pepper, green onion, hot sauce together and pulse
- The consistency will be a bit 'pasty' or 'tacky'
- Now add in the Panko which is the binder
- Pulse a few times to blend but do not over mix.
- Open lid.
- Remove Blade and scrape for remaining ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions
- Place a sheet of foil on your counter, and lightly spray with a nonstick spray, not a lot just enough that the burgers won't stick.
- Grill 5 minutes per side at a pre-heated level of 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve immediately and refrigerate leftovers.
Download the printable recipe, bookmark my site, because you will love these and want to make them over and over again! Lavishly live seafood out loud with my salmon burger recipe.