Scrumptious Baked Scallops Parmesan A Perfect Seafood Entrée.
This is a recipe from my Signature Recipe Collection for In The Kitchen With Dana.
Seafood has so many preparation variation options, and baked scallops parmesan will light up your love of scallops.
Sea Scallops are so delicious whether they are prepared with a butter sauce, garlic olive oil, or dipped in panko.
So, it would follow that preparing sea scallops with sauce will also be quite a good choice as well.
In my kitchen, I love incorporating sauce and simple strategies into recipes.
As always, this recipe is quite simple to prepare but offers a restaurant-quality end game.
You won’t need many ingredients, but you can plan on bold taste, that will keep your fork digging on that plate for more!
I love baked scallops parmesan with some crusty baguette bread (that I make) and a good glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.
Now, if your stomach is growling or eating your belly from the inside out, let’s make this! +
Baked Scallops Parmesan
Seafood is always a great alternative to meat, isn’t it?
I, however, do prefer only certain seafood items.
One of my favorite seafood options is scallops.
Now, we do eat many bay scallops, but those tiny little scallops lend themselves so well to pasta and rice dishes.
Sometimes I chop them up, sear them, hit them with a bit of lemon juice, and then top panko-topped buttercrunch lettuce with them.
Oh, that is so good.
However, when you purchase scallops, make certain to buy the large sea scallops that are about 2.5″ or so in diameter, not those little bay scallops.
Bay scallops get lost in the sauce and cheese.
Plus, when you bite into a sea scallop the texture is what I might term a tad more ‘chewy’ but not in an offensive, weird way.
The sea scallops are perfect for this recipe.
A Side Note on Bay Scallops
As far as bay scallops go, if you are planning on tossing this over A’oglio Pasta, those would be the perfect choice as they will float throughout the pasta!
Simple is best.
This recipe is ingredient-driven and uses minimal ingredients
So, here’s what I will tell you.
Each ingredient added should be the best your budget can afford.
Flavored breadcrumbs for instance can be plain breadcrumbs.
But add your spices to these breadcrumbs.
Add in, basil, pepper, oregano, parsley, and a bit of garlic powder.
Don’t be stingy because they all add to the taste!
One of my favorite things about this dish is that I use my favorite white baking dish.
Now, it’s not important what dish you use, except to keep the dish shallow and ovenproof.
Scrumptious Baked Scallop Parmesan
- SCALLOP PREP BEFORE COOKING** see notes below
- 1 cup of milk and a zippered bag
- SCALLOP PARMESAN PREP
- 1/2 C Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- 1/2 C of Tomato Sauce homemade or store-bought, your choice
- 1/4 + 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese.
- A Baking Dish
- Using a plastic zipper bag, place scallop in and milk.*
- Zipper and refrigerator for one hour.
- At the end of the hour, remove the scallops from the bag and place them on a paper towel for 1/2 of an hour (no longer).
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Now, it's time to prepare the scallops for baking.
- Put the olive oil into the baking pan.
- First dip the scallops, one by one, into the breadcrumbs.
- Then, repeat the process until are coated and in the baking pan.
- Once all the scallops are coated with breading, you can optionally toss a bit more of the breadcrumbs loosely atop*** (see the video & notes below).
- Follow this with sauce and you don't need to be precise with where the sauce is layered, it will spread while they bake.
- Now top with some grated parmesan, but hold the last 1/4 for AFTER Baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove carefully as it will be bubbling.
- ****Top with an additional 1/4 c of Parmesan cheese or mozzarella if you want a more stringy cheese on top. (see notes below)
- Serve while warm.
- My apologies, but this is my signature dish and EVERY time I make it, I forget to photo it plated because it gets torn into right away!
- So share YOUR photos with me, tagging me @dana.vento in Instagram I might even feature them!
- Enjoy DANA XO ~