S’mores Marshmallow Explosion Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links that may earn me commissions so if you click through them and take certain actions. Read more on my full disclosure here.DISCLOSURE
A while ago, when I was making my favorite and simple 6 ingredient chocolate chips cookies, I took them a step further.
Bored from baking the same cookie, and not wanting a mix-in, I decided to navigate towards a different favorite flavor in Casa Vento, S’mores!
Which led me to craft my S’mores Marshmallow Explosion Cookies and the rest is Casa Vento history.
S’mores Marshmallow Explosion Cookies & Ingredients
Basically, everything you use to make s’mores is what you will need for this cookie.
Hold the marshmallow skewers, we are going to do something different.
Also, make sure you have Marshmallow Cream in the house because it makes fabulous icing/topping for these.
You won’t need chocolate bars, but you will need chocolate chips.
Don’t forget to bake on parchment paper and do all the other prep on parchment too.
Parchment is key to easier and faster cleanup and my BFF!
You’ll need my simple chocolate chip recipe for this so, start there. (it’s in the recipe below)
Dough Consistency for the batter.
It’s really important to get the dough sticky, and not overprocessed.
You can see that in my video.
To Frost or Ice or NOT?
For me, once the cookies are baked, I’m satisfied.
My kids, however, asked me to add marshmallow icing and more graham crackers.
So, instead, I did all of that and added in more chocolate chips.
I do love the final product, but if you want to cut a step out, that’s the step to chop!
Recipe For S’mores Marshmallow Explosion Cookies
S'mores Marshmallow Explosion Cookies
- 1 Stick of salted butter softened
- 3/4 C BROWN Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 All-Purpose Flour
- Chocolate Chips 1 C
- Graham Cracker Crumbs the ones made from the topping below
- 24 marshmallows mini
- Parchment Paper
- For Topping
- 1/3 C Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 25 Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp Marshmallow Cream
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Preheat Oven to 350° F
- Line baking trays (2) with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, place butter, brown sugar, and egg.
- Next, add in vanilla, salt then flour.
- Fold in by hand the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie dropper or tablespoon, fill dropper just 1/2 way.
- Next, dunk in graham crackers.
- Push a mini marshmallow in the middle.
- Scoop more cookie batter on to cover.
- Drop cookie ball.
- Then, dunk in graham cracker crumb.
- Arrange on the tray.
- Bake at 350° F for 10-12 Minutes.
- Cookies will not really brown, and they will be more SPONGY.
- While the cookies are baking, prepare marshmallow topping.
- Simply take the marshmallow cream, and add the water too it.
- Mix by hand very well.
- Allow it to sit.
- The less water, the less runny.
- It will set up though if you leave it to sit.
- Once cookies are done, remove from the oven and allow them to cool. (about 1 hour)
- After an hour, on a parchment covered tray, work to top with the icing.
- Follow with chocolate chips and then some more (s'more, lol) graham crackers.