Using pantry staples you can easily make my any-day, easy 1 bowl no-bake chocolate chip cookies!
I know you’ll be super happy with the results.
There are no special, ingredients, just everyday items that yield a great no-bake chocolate chip cookie!
Why You’ll Love These No-Bake Chocolate Chips
When I tell you these are an easy 1 bowl no-bake recipe, they really are! No-bake chocolate chip cookies will be your standard go-to for ease of prep.
I love the 2 words no-bake a lot and you will too!
In short, this recipe makes me smile because I don’t have to preheat an oven. So, these super tasty no-bake chocolate chips score big points with me, especially during warm summer months!
Easy as easy can be and that’s why I know you’ll love this recipe!
An additional component to love about the no-bake chocolate chip cookies is that you can make them gluten-free, and yet the return on flavor remains awesome!
Let’s Explore the Recipe Ingredients & Alternative Ingredients
I love to think of this recipe for no-bake chocolate chip cookies as more of a springboard for you to build upon.
- Brown Sugar: always pack your brown sugar to get rid of any trapped air. Just pack it into a measuring cup, press down, and swipe across the top to rid excess. If you have done this right, the sugar will come out of the cup formed like the cup!
- Butter: your butter should be at room temperature because we are doing a mix-in.
- Vanilla: pure vanilla instead of vanilla extract yields better flavor on no-baked items. That said, if your pantry has vanilla extract, use it!
- Oatmeal: if you are gluten-free use that oatmeal for these cookies. For those that are not gluten-free, take any instant oatmeal and add it in!
- Milk: you can use almond milk, oat milk, or any dairy milk, and they all work!
- Chocolate chips: to keep these delicious, and powered up by chocolate chip flavor, I suggest mini morsels. However, you can use any chips you have in your cabinet!
Your pantry will supply you with optional ingredients and don’t be afraid to use them!
I’ve used anything from dried cranberries to apricot pieces, prunes and dates (chopped), and other flavors of chips!
Every single version tastes amazing, just wait and see!
How to Make Easy 1 Bowl No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you have ever fallen victim to recipes on the internet don’t worry, I actually can cook and bake. This recipe is what it is, easy and yummy!
My son has food allergies and his life depends on it!
Honestly, there’s not much to this recipe, so let’s begin!
Active Time For Recipe
Making this recipe takes a whole 5 minutes. The hour is the refrigeration time.
Active time is about 3 minutes maybe. Also, as I explained before, chances are your pantry is your one-stop-shop for all your needed ingredients!
No-bake chocolate chip cookies as made will yield 12 cookies per batch, so double if you want more!
Tips For Ease Of Preparation
Use smaller baking trays, not the larger baking trays for this recipe to take less space in the refrigerator.
Set timers so you remember you made a cookie and put it in the refrigerator/
A good rubber scraper goes the long mile in this recipe.
You’ll want that scraper to be very firm on the bottom for cutting in, yet edges that are flexible edges so that they really scrape all ingredients from the side of the bowl.
Glass bowls, are perfect for this recipe because you start in the microwave.
The Product You Need Before You Begin
Alternatively, you can use a silicone mat, which I really prefer, but if you don’t want cleanup then use parchment.
As you make these cookies you will be placing them on the mat, so that is the most important part of the recipe, lol!
Prep The Sweetness
You will be combining the brown sugar and the butter quickly in the microwave.
This is why you want to use room temperature butter, so you don’t have to increase the microwave time.
Inhale + Exhale the next ingredients
This is my favorite part, adding in the salt, vanilla, and milk. There’s a chocolate chip scent that wafts before we are even ready! YUM!
Don’t Let It Dust You
Flour is your easiest and most risky ingredient.
Add it in little by little, so you don’t dust yourself and your whole kitchen!
Oh For the Love Of Chocolate Chips
There’s something about a solid chocolate chip, unmelted and stirred in that just makes me smile.
Plus, I also grab a few and taste tests!
Your last step is stirring in great chocolate chips and them scooping the well-combined mixture onto the tray one cookie scoop at a time!
Cover + Refrigrate
That’s it, all you do now is cover, refrigerate and let these solidify a bit.
Then you have the next big decision!
Chocolate Covered No-bake Chocolate Chip Cookies or Not?
Sometimes we ice the cookies, sometimes we don’t.
All I do is meltdown chocolate in the microwave and dunk.
When I have time I add the chocolate, when I don’t we pass on that.
However, the silicone mat will be your bestie when it comes to nonstick with the chocolate-covered no-bake chocolate chip cookies!
So now the big decision.
Do you chocolate cover the no-bake chocolate chip cookies or not?
If you choose to cover in chocolate will you use white chocolate, dark chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate?
Hot Tip: I’ve found that chopped apricots in this chocolate chip cookie against white chocolate are like heaven on earth.
Alternative chocolate covering method: cover the whole cookie or just half!
Or, you can cover the whole front and not the back.
Recipe: Easy 1 Bowl Super Tasty No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easy 1 Bowl No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C butter salted
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 C Milk sub in oat milk or coconut milk too!
- 3 C oat flour, almond flour, etc
- 1/2 C mini morsels GF,Nut-Free, etc
- 4 -6 Oz Meltable Dipping Chocolate~ *optional
- Prepare a baking tray with a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar and butter.
- Microwave to Melt butter and then stir to combine.
- Next, mix in milk, vanilla, salt.
- Make sure to scrape all areas of the bowl and the bottom to really mix this up.
- Now, add in your choices of gluten-free flour or any flour if you are not gluten free.
- Again, stir to combine, using a rubber scraper to move ingredients from the bottom of the bowl and the side of the bowl.
- Fold in chips (I suggest mini chips, they are easier to fold and bind easier to ingredients. (in this instance I show regular morsels, but I have used mini.
- Once it is a tight mixture, use a scooper (I use my ice cream scooper) to make nice 2" mounds.
- Press lightly and then make sure it is circular in nature (I just round the edges with my hands.
- Cover with Press N' Seal so no odors transfer.
- Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour up to 2 hours. (sometimes I get distracted, lol)
- Remove from the refrigerator.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt dipping chocolate, and stir to make sure of no lumps.
- Dip each cookie in as much or as little chocolate as you like (therefore 4 oz may be enough but 6 oz if you prefer to coat the whole cookie)
- Replace each cookie to tray once dipped and again refrigerate to set.
- About 20 minutes.
- Serve or keep refrigerated for up to 1 week though I don't think they will last that long.
It’s one bowl, one pan, and a spatula to make super tasty no-bake chocolate chip cookies that don’t taste awful.