Ultimate Tasty Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Cold and minty. Smooth with a crunch. Soft, yet firm.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream The Quintessential Of Any Ice Cream Lover’s Freezer
There’s just something about mint in a cream that sends taste buds into overdrive. Artisan, homemade in small batches, there’s just everything to LOVE about no-churn mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Truly a triumvirate of flavors combined in a super easy-to-make recipe. Each bite of mint chocolate chip ice cream is packed with flavor. Simply put, this ice cream recipe is a gourmet mixture of ingredients that make a novice chef appear pro!
Lovingly made with a blender, mixer, or smoothie maker, a few minutes of time, mint chocolate chip ice cream will make you swoon.
Can You Actually Make Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Without An Ice Cream Maker?
Yes, is a short and concise answer.
Is no-churn ice cream good?
Do I use my ice cream maker?
I will tell you I have tried plastic freezer bags and other containers. Save yourself. What a nightmare. Then I got a set of silicone ice cream containers. There are a lot of ice cream containers on Amazon. Find a container that works for you, and add the ice cream you make to them.
You will have much better luck than I did initially!
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Really you just need to choose which form of MINT you will derive your flavor from. In actuality, I combined 2 to get my perfect flavor. Think of a cool peppermint patty. Truly a fresh twist that’s frozen.
Another reason it’s a winning pair of chocolate and mint together is that it is frozen. Light, crunchy, and so minty! Adjust the mint to your liking. As a result, you can make this mint chocolate chip ice cream as minty or not as you please.
Hot To Get the Best In Chocolate Flavor for Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Along with mint, chocolate plays a large role. At its core, chocolate comes in many different forms. For some, you may want to stripe your ice cream (swirl it) as you pour it with chocolate syrup.
Maybe just top it with chocolate syrup before you freeze it. Mini chocolate morsels are great as a mix-in for chocolate because they are petite enough to cram in! Freshly shaved chocolate is key to this recipe in my opinion.
We hand-grated dark chocolate and then some chocolate chunks we had around too (2 oz pieces). On a different batch, I actually used a dark cocoa chocolate bar and grated it down as well. Use larger chocolate chips if you want bigger bites, or smash small candy bars with great chocolate flavor.
Alternatively, use white chocolate, which we have done plenty of times as well.
Ice Cream – Ultimate Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Mixer + Blender Images.
In the bowl below is how you want your mint chocolate chip ice cream to look. It’s forming peaks and it’s light. If it’s not, whip it some more.
This is what it looks like when you use your food processor/Smoothie maker, etc.
Freezing Timing + Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
To be honest, I often make this first thing in the morning at 6 AM when I get up and by 6:15 it’s made. Then we use it at dinner. However, it is best after 12-18 hours.
At that point in time, it is firm and much better. Often though, the exterior of the ice cream is firm enough to scoop at 12 hours providing you have not opened and closed your freezer tons that day.
So we scoop out what we want and then let the rest firm up for the next few days. I would suggest using small containers if you want to eat 12 hours later, that way it is faster to freeze. Remember the smaller the portion in a container the quicker it freezes.
Color Of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
You don’t have to food color the ice cream unless you want to. My kids always request I color the mint chocolate chip green like they get when they go out to the ice creamery. However, if you don’t want to use food coloring, don’t!
Mint Options For Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Mint flavoring can be accomplished easily and choices abound.
Use mint flavor extract or in the recipe, I have listed the alternative options for mint flavoring.
Also, Creme De Menthe liqueur is also an option but I don’t add that in until the end.
Mint Chocolate Chips or crushed mint peppermint patties bring the recipe together and make this the Ultimate mint chocolate chip ice cream for certain!
All of those are awesome ways to incorporate more minty flavor throughout your ice cream.
Fresh peppermint sprigs from our garden minced so, so fine. However, that is not really how my kids like it, so I use that for adult versions when we entertain. There, fresh mint in ice cream goes over so well!
Review These Tips for Ultimate Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Allow the ice cream to set for at least 6-12 hours or use small serving size containers to freeze faster.
- White chocolate can be subbed for dark chocolate.
- Dark chocolate can be derived from candy bars, or chips, or shaved chocolate bars for baking.
- Mint can be from mint extract or alcohol.
- Use Minted chocolate pieces, or mint chocolate chips to enhance flavor.
- Make certain to sprinkle candy pieces atop your ice cream before freezing so that is what you see when you open the container!
- It takes literally 15 minutes from start to finish to make the recipe and up to 12 hours to firmly freeze if you are using one large container.
- The recipe pretty much makes 2 pints.
Ultimate Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
- Blender, Food Processor, smoothie maker, mixer (any of those)
- Ice cream quarts, or pints
- 2 C Heavy Cream
- 14 Oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk refrigerated for about at least an hour
- 2 Teaspoons of Peppermint Flavoring or 1.5 Oz of Sugar Free Peppermint syrup optional
- 1.5 Oz Sugar Free Peppermint Syrup optional
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Creme De Menthe optional
- 1/4 c Mint Fudge Flavored Baking Chunks (if you can't find these take Andes Candes Mint Flavor and break them into pieces depending on how big you want your chips
- 1/4 c More of mint fudge baking chips for topping each container
- Prep your containers or container. Simply place some mint chips in the base of each, just enough to be at the bottom. Reserve some to top each container as well. (noted about abouve1/4 c of chips in reserve)
- Using a stand mixer, and whisk attachment, place your HEAVY CREAM. CONDENSED MILK, SUGAR FREE PEPPERMINT SYRUP (what I used but you can use EXTRACT from those optoins above) in and mix on high speed for about 3-4 minutes. Conversely, I used our Ninja Kitchen Food processor and blended until light and airy (about1-2 minutes of pulses at 15-30 seconds each.)I also scraped down the sides as I went along to make sure to incorporate everything.
- See if peaks can form by using a spatula dipped in the cream and pulling up. (don't worry it will and if it does not whip a bit more)
- Add green food coloring to the GREEN hue you prefer (optional)
- Next, creme de menthe (if you are adding it)
- Fold in mint chocolate chips by hand.
- Then transfer ice cream mixture to a freezer-safe container ( I suggest a silicone container read post)
- Again, sprinkle with more chocolate chips and chocolate sauce.
- Freeze for 6 hours to 24 hours until firm. (the outer areas may firm in 6 hours but the entire portion needs 24 hours)
- Keep Frozen if not using for up to six weeks.