Cheesy Pepperoni Biscuits With Big Taste That Are Snacking and Breakfast Perfect
One thing I have is a family that eats.
With boys, who seem to be bottomless pits, I’ve to have snacks on hand.
Effortless, but filled with taste and cheese, these cheesy pepperoni biscuits no doubt will turn into one of your favorite easy recipes!
Since I try to get the kitchen labor over with in the early morning, I often have kids raising out of bed saying they smelled food!
Yep, it’s a way to get them up without screaming, ‘Get up!’
Food smells tend to do this.
What I’ve discovered, however, is that my 5 ingredient cheesy pepperoni biscuits with big taste are snacking and breakfast perfect!
When the boys awake and saunter to the kitchen, they discover this ‘ breakfast grabs’.
Rather than eating any junk they can shove in, they add on an egg and suddenly it’s the best ever breakfast sandwich.
IF you are looking for that simple morning recipe or a great appetizer that requires so little prep but pleases, this is it!
A simple DIY recipe, with easy ingredients that come together with a pleasing finish!
Now, let’s create 5 ingredient cheesy pepperoni biscuits, so you can munch on them and share them with your friends and family!
5 Ingredient Cheesy Pepperoni Biscuits- Their Beginning
Often, I overbuy biscuits for different holidays.
I am never sure who is showing up, or when and I want to have enough of everything.
First, I need to stop doing this, but if I did stop I would never have created this recipe.
However, if the kid’s friends show up, they too pound food because naturally, they are boys that love to eat!
When I put a platter of these down, because it makes 8 at a time, the platter returns empty!
The good thing is these are filling because they are biscuits so one or 2 and you are DONE!
Have you tried my Twisted Pepperoni Air Fryer Bread?
Initially, I thought, that pepperoni on a biscuit would be awful, and how could I enhance the buttermilk or biscuit itself?
I am not much on prebought items, but I had to work with what I had.
So, biscuits can be drier or they can be really buttery.
Which had me a little nervous because with butter already present and grease from pepperoni and cheese, I might have a real mess.
Or would I?
To that end, I want to tell you that I almost always purchase brand for biscuits, as I don’t feel like the store brand fares as well in this type of recipe.
So, when I buy ‘extras’ it’s brand.
You can try either, this is just a personal preference.
Also, I find that the brand is more reliable in ingredients and baking time, which I like to be comfortable with before I cook.
Seasoning and Pepperoni Biscuits
Here’s where I went the traditional pepperoni bread route.
I love my garlic salt and spices so you can change this up or add more.
Basically, I’d suggest spices you would use with sauce creation, such as basil, oregano, black pepper, parsley, etc.
You get it, sauce-like flavor spices are the perfect accent to pepperoni.
Don’t add too much of each of these and definitely only sprinkle the garlic salt.
Remember, these biscuits are already sodium-laden and pepperoni has plenty of additives and salt too!
Ambushing the taste is easily done if you don’t use a light hand.
Parchment Paper And Biscuits
And so all this brings me to the setup.
As a parchment-paper lovin’ kind of gal, I always suggest it for lining trays.
Trust me, cleanup is so much easier, and you can thank me later.
If your biscuits are buttery, they will still leak through, but it won’t be as bad.
Also, the biscuits will easily lift-off the parchment once baked.
Recipe For 5 Ingredient Cheesy Pepperoni Biscuits ⇓
5 Ingredient Cheesy Pepperoni Biscuits With Big Taste That Are Snacking and Breakfast PerfectPrint Pin
- Can of 8 Buttermilk Grands Southern Homestyle Biscuits any canned biscuits work
- A Cup of Pepperoni
- 1/2 C of Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Dried Basil
- Garlic Salt
- Preheat Oven to 375° F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Open biscuits.
- Separate biscuits into 8 pieces.
- Cut each biscuit in 1/2 so there till be a top and a bottom (16 pieces instead of 9)
- Align the biscuits on the tray, open, but with space between.
- Once all are open-faced, sprinkle with your spice of choice.
- Follow with a sprinkling of garlic salt across all.
- Place a generous portion of pepperoni on each of '8' biscuit pieces.
- Now, using 6-8 pieces of pepperoni, (remember biscuits puff and you don't want to taste biscuit, just pepperoni).
- Follow with about a tablespoon (give or take) of cheese per biscuit (Generally less, but you can add more or less as you desire).
- Replace the top part of the biscuit to each pepperoni-topped bottom.
- Space each biscuit appropriately.
- Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Some ovens heat faster and these may be done more around 15 minutes, you know your oven so watch your food.
- When they are done backing (golden brown), pull them out, and allow to cool.
- IF you want to add an egg, make that sunny-side egg or scrambled now.
- By the time you are done making the egg, the pepperoni biscuit will be cool enough to enjoy.