Yes, you read that statement right, you can air fry lobster tails.
Not only is it crazy easy to do, they turn out delicious, which is more what I worry about.
As with every recipe I share with you, I’ve tried this recipe over and over and over until I am sure it works.
No one wants to ruin an expensive lobster tail right?
So, this is tested, true, and eaten in my home, quite often.
Now, all I need to make this recipe easier is the new Ninja Air Fryer with 2 baskets, then I can double-up the servings faster!
What I love best about air-fried lobster tails, is unlike broiling or grilling, they don’t get ‘burned’ they just cook.
Yes, you can serve with butter or even air-fry with butter and I’ll show you how!
Air-Fried Lobster ???? Tails
So, who has broiled lobster tails only to be not so happy with how they turn out?
We’ve grilled lobster tails as well.
Still not a big fan.
I’ve steamed them, and ‘eh’ to the ‘seafoody’ taste.
After all those different preparation methods, this is my favorite.
In actuality, I fit 4- 6 oz lobster tails in my air fryer and that was great, albeit a bit snug, but doable.
So as far as time-saving, it is!
Lobster ????+ Home Prep
All you need for this recipe are the simple lobster tails you buy in the fresh fish case at your local market.
I purchase the 6 oz and sometimes the 9 oz, it really just depends on what I am making.
So, what I am saying is you can buy your lobster tails anywhere you want and any size.
Just know that you do need to make sure they are thawed (if they are frozen) before you work with them.
Also, I always rinse mine, I don’t know why but I do.
Then, I always CUT mine down the center so that I can get the lobster meat cooked.
Plus I cut through the meat as well, but NOT the lighter skin on the bottom.
Please keep in mind, I am cutting the TOP Of the shell, the hard part, not the underside.
You will need kitchen shears and a steady hand.
Additionally, I suggest holding the tail with a paper towel, so it does not slip while you are cutting.
Last, do not cut all the way through the tail, or you will have slit it in 2.
Once I cut through this I crack the shell open further with my hands to expose more of the meat.
You’ll Need My Recipe For Chili Lime Butter ????
These are made in an air fryer.
I will tell you when I first started working with an air fryer I was quite intimidated.
But, after years of working with it, I know mine inside and out.
So, this is one of the best and fastest, as well as consistent ways I know to prepare lobster.
Plus, I never worry about grilling, or boiling, or steaming!
Recipe For Air Fried Lobster
Air-Fried Lobster Tails
- 4 - 6 oz lobster tails
- Chili Lime Butter
- Butter needs made ahead of this and is not counted into the air-frying time or this recipe.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 380°F
- Butterfly the HARD top shell of lobster but do not cut through the tail.
- Do cut through the meat as well, and don't cut the shell part underneath (use kitchen shears and see blog post for other tips)
- Now, use your hands to spread that cut.
- Use about 1 tablespoon of Chili Lime Butter per lobster.
- Once prepared, place each lobster in the air fryer basket.
- Program for 13 minutes and cook up to 15 minutes (you want the meat to be OPAQUE).*
- Once the cycle is done cooking and the lobster meat is opaque, pull out and serve immediately.
- YOu can add more Chili Lime Butter if desired.
- Enjoy. ` Dana XO