Moist, tender, and flavorful are some of the best-suited descriptors for my very popular lip-smacking lemon chicken recipe.
In fact, my lemon chicken recipe has been referred to by some as lemon chicken fya! Now that is some serious props!
Lemon Chicken fya [fahy-yuh]
Is there such a thing as lip-smacking lemon chicken breasts? Oh yes, there is!
For those of you who have settled for dry, flavorless chicken, it’s time to light your kitchen up and amp the flavor with my lemon chicken fya recipe.
My Lip-Smacking Lemon Chicken Journey
Gramma Santa was my hero in the kitchen, my inspiration, and my best friend. Santa was right off the boat from Italy, and all 4’6″ of her commanded the culinary arts.
As a little girl, I’d sit on her counters and watch her prepare meals. Then, I’d get to eat them!
In reality, lip-smacking lemon chicken fya was one of her specialties, even though she never named her recipe.
While the prep for lemon chicken breasts/pieces/tenderloins is not immense, the return on flavor is crazy good, or you might say it is ‘fire’.
Really, this is one of those recipes that makes you wonder where it’s been all your culinary life.
So, no worries, it’s a novice-level recipe but it turns you into the Queen/King of the kitchen when your family sings your praises for flavorful lemon chicken fya!
What to Expect When You Make this Lemon Chicken Recipe?
Expect to experience, fork-tender, moist chicken with a bold, yet subtle flavor of lemon dressed into each bite.
The unexpected? You can use this lip-smacking lemon chicken recipe for any cut of chicken, breast, thighs, or legs. Wooot! And with that said, do expect a great ROI NO matter what cut of chicken you use, this is the ultimate in lip-smacking lemon chicken recipes!
Let’s go squeezes some lemons!
Lip-Smacking Lemon Chicken
Inspiration for cooking often is right in front of you. I miss my Gramma Santa a lot, but I keep her memory alive every time I make this recipe.
Little did I know that all those afterschool dates of sitting on her counter watching her cooking would translate into one of my most treasured recipes.
Recipe sharing is like handing it down from generation to generation, except here it’s to my website readers who get to enjoy it now! So here’s to you my extended family and enjoy!
Side note: I never believe that chicken photos well, so, it may not look as pretty as you expected, but Oh My God does it deliver on taste.
Let the magic begin. It’s quite simple, a while back, I got myself some new cookware and no matter what I cook in this it turns out like magic.
The magic of moist and tender all resides within this cookware and I can tell you that many of my readers already have happily purchased this same 3.5-quart stainless steel saute pan and you will want to treat yourself to it as well!
Don’t worry, I won’t suggest what I don’t use and I’ve used this particular brand of cookware for years, and I mean at least 10! It’s durable, easy to work with, and will leave you wondering why you didn’t buy it sooner.
Use my coupon code to grab this cookware, it’s the most integral part of the recipe and I am telling you even an Instant Pot can’t make chicken like this!
You gotta have the right cookware to get the lemon chicken recipe cooked right!
- The 3.5 quarts sauté pan offers all of the following;
- 3.5 sauté pan goes from the stove to the oven
- locks in the juice with just about NO water and really no oils or fats!
- cleans up super easily
- no harmful additives or chemicals are used in the construction of this pan
- uses low heat, and will be covered with its lid, which creates a waterless cookware-generated vapor seal around the lid using the natural moisture already present in most foods! (that’s the lightning in the bottle folks!)
Grab yours here using coupon code: inthekitchenwithdana for 20% off! (it pays for itself when all your meats turn out perfect and you stop throwing tough meat away)!
After The Stovetop Cooking Time For Lemon Chicken
You will want to know that I did not use a bunch of fancy ingredients in this recipe. Instead, I kept it simple as usual, because I am all about big taste, and fewer ingredients!
The truth of the matter is that natural cooking allows the food flavor to just move to lip-smacking! Simple ingredients and a big taste when cooked in my pan!
When You Buy Bags of Lemons…
Next time you see that beautiful bag of lemons in a store, and you can’t resist buying all of them, even if you can’t use them… buy some chicken and make lip-smacking lemon chicken.
You can alter this recipe for lip-smacking finger chicken to be amped up or tame down on the lemon flavor based on your family preferences. In other words, buy that bag of lemons, and adjust your recipe.
As an Italian cook, you know my favorite way to flavor is a pinch of this, a spoon of that, there’s no exact science here! It’s all about the end taste!
Food prep varies and while a trained chef might roll his/her eyes at the recipe, I’ll roll mine right back. This recipe doesn’t take volumes of salt to enhance the flavor as a Chef’s recipe might.
Instead, you will be consuming less added sodium and you won’t need 10 hours in the kitchen to make this recipe either.
A Note On Cleaning the Chicken For This Lemon Chicken Recipe
Chicken, well it’s one of those things you either know how to work with or you eat hard tenderloin pieces throughout. No thanks.
I always use my kitchen shears to clean the tenderloin and fatty pieces off of the chicken, and you’ll want to as well.
For those using boneless breasts of chicken, make sure to trim off any of that white you see. Also, if you see corpuscle (that red crap that looks like it’s bleeding) snip it off too.
Overview of Easiest Lemon Chicken Recipe
Once you clean your chicken and place it in the pot, you’ll add the other simple ingredients. You will be preparing the easiest lemon chicken recipe ever, I promise because there is not much to this.
Make sure to rinse your lemons before using them. Also note that some of the lemons will be halved and some will be sliced, you can refer to my recipe below to get the details.
What Else Happens In This Lip-Smacking Lemon Chicken Recipe?
A few other ingredients, then lid time for vapor cooking and suddenly you have an amazing lemon chicken entree ready to serve! Super easy lemon chicken recipe right?
This brings us to the recipe below. Scroll and it’s all yours!
I can tell you this without any hesitation, every single cut of chicken will turn out Fantastic and you will have lip-smacking lemon chicken with all cuts!
BUY THIS PAN! Use My Discount Code. WHY?
Because you can get the 3.5 sauté pan I used with the big lid and enough for all that lemon chicken, which was 4 chicken breasts 1/2’d, for 20% off. ⇐ ⇐ ⇐ ⇐ ⇐ Touch here to go right to the ordering page!
Use my exclusive coupon code: Inthekithenwithdana when you checkout! Get it now.
Do You Want the Best Lemon Chicken Recipe?
Bookmark my best lemon chicken recipe and don’t forget to pin it too! It is so easy to make, and once your family tastes it, well it will be asked for again, that I am sure!
So go ahead and grab the recipe below for my Lip-smacking lemon chicken fya! ⇓ ⇓
Lip-Smacking Lemon Chicken You've Got To Make To Experience
- 3-4 Cloves Whole Garlic peeled and sliced in 1/2
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 4 Medium Chicken Breasts cleaned and sliced in 1/2 = 2 pieces each
- A handful of chopped Fresh Basil
- Freshly Milled Ground Pepper optional but yummy!
- 4 Lemons 3 of them rinsed, 1/2'd lemons the 4th should be SLICED into 8 slices.
- Pinch of Truffle Salt Trader Joe's brand is what I use, but you can use any! or you can eliminate salt
- A sprinkling of Dried Oregano 2 tsp or so.
- Saute pan that can go from stovetop to oven
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- In 3 Qt Saute Pan place olive oil and garlic on low-medium heat
- Next place in chicken.
- Sprinkle generously with freshly milled pepper (optional)
- Saute Chicken by turning each piece after 3 minutes each.
- The chicken will be golden brown.
- You are sealing the juice.
- Once you have flipped each piece of chicken, it's time to add freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Use all three lemons and squeeze them.
- Now top with a pinch of truffle salt (or regular salt or no salt at all your choice).
- Place lemon slices atop.
- Put the lid on the saute pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes on low-medium low heat.
- Remove from the stovetop after 10 minutes. leaving the lid ON.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes depending on your oven*** (see notes below).
- At end of baking, remove from the oven, carefully remove the lid, and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.