Caramel apple coffee cake isn’t just a dessert; it’s a revelation. Transform your breakfast or dessert experience with this tantalizing treat. Are you looking to elevate your fall baking with a combination of flavors that will create an unforgettable experience?
Dive deep into the essence of fall with layers of gooey caramel and fresh apple; all melded within the comforting cradle of coffee cake. In just a few steps, you’ll whisk your kitchen into a gourmet haven, creating moments of indulgence that’ll linger in every bite.
Now is the time to discover the magic of the dessert fusion of our ultimate dessert experience with rivetingly fresh ingredients harvested for autumn.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love The Ultimate Dessert Experience
Delight in the sumptuous layers of caramel and apple, enriched with the tender crumb of coffee cake. Within minutes, get ready to craft a masterpiece that brings gourmet dessert right into your kitchen.
- Flavor Symphony: The marriage of caramel and apple creates a harmony that dances on the palate.
- Texture Galore: Soft, moist cake juxtaposed with a crunchy streusel promises a bite of wonder every time.
- Visually Inviting: A golden-brown crust drizzled with caramel is a feast for the eyes.
- Easy to Find Ingredients – You won’t have to look far; these ingredients are probably in your pantry.
- Simple Recipe – As with all of our recipes, this is easy to make
- Bake and Take – This dessert is fabulous for any gathering, from football to Thanksgiving dinner.
- Endless variations – you can add ingredients in many different ways but still one great taste
Kitchen Essentials Needed for Ultimate Dessert Experience
Remember, you must have the essential kitchen items to bake, so here’s the list. And nothing here is fancy. All basic baking wares you probably already have!
- Stand or hand mixer
- Medium-sized mixing bowls
- 9×13 inch baking pan or springform pan
- Pastry cutter or fork
Ingredients Needed for Your Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
You can grab the exact measurements at the end of the post on my recipe card. This section gives you a taste test of the recipe.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Large eggs
- Pure vanilla extract
- Sour cream
- Medium-sized apples
- Caramel sauce
- Brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Pecans or walnuts
How to Make Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
Now, we are sharing how to make this with a light overview so you can see what is involved and how to frame this easy-to-make recipe into your busy day. The exact method is on the recipe card at the end of the post, which you can print!
Crafting the Perfect Batter
A harmonious blend of wet and dry ingredients, enriched with chunks (or thin slices) of apple and ribbons of caramel.
Streusel Topping: The Crown Jewel
A crunchy, nutty layer that amplifies the flavors and adds a delightful contrast.
What to Serve with the Ultimate Dessert Experience
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Vanilla ice cream is always a yummy and welcome addition, don’t you agree?
- Whipped Cream: A dollop adds a touch of lightness.
- Hot Beverage: Coffee or tea to balance out the sweetness.
Substitutes and Additions
- Apples: Swap for pears or peaches for a different fruit note. (All Seasons Yum)
- Caramel Sauce: Maple or chocolate syrup is a delightful variant. (Pick your fave.)
- Nuts: Almonds or hazelnuts for a twist in crunch. (We love sunflower seeds on this, too)
How to Reheat & Store Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
While it is doubtful you’ll have any left, if you do, here is the method to properly store this so you can enjoy it later!
Best Way to Store Ultimate Dessert Experience Leftover
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for maximum freshness.
How Long Will Caramel Apple Coffee Cake Last in the Fridge?
When refrigerated, enjoy up to 5 days of moist and flavorful cake.
Can I Freeze Ultimate Dessert Experience?
Absolutely! Freeze slices individually for up to a month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
How to Reheat Ultimate Dessert Experience
Warm individual slices in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10 minutes.
Tips: Perfecting Your New Favorite Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
- Fresh Caramel Drizzle: If you’ve made the coffee cake ahead of time or are pulling it from the freezer, consider drizzling fresh caramel over the top after reheating. It revives the cake, giving it that just-baked feel.
- Air Fryer Warming: Want a quick warm-up for individual slices? Pop them into the air fryer at 300°F for 2-3 minutes. This heats the cake and adds a delightful touch of crispness to the edges.
- Choose Your Apple: While most apples can work, opt for Honeycrisp or Fuji for a sweeter cake. If you prefer a bit of tartness, Granny Smith apples are a fantastic choice.
- Freeze and Thaw: This cake freezes well! After baking, allow the cake to cool completely, then slice and store in a freezer-safe container. When ready to serve, thaw at room temperature or warm in the oven. Remember the fresh caramel tip for an added touch!
Ultimate Dessert Experience FAQs
Get ready to enjoy this easy dessert, and here are the questions your dear caramel-loving fall dessert sweet tooth wants to know!
Why is My Cake Dry?
Ensure you measure ingredients accurately. Overbaking can also cause dryness.
Can I Use Store-Bought Caramel?
Absolutely. However, homemade caramel might offer a richer flavor.
Is This Recipe Kid-Friendly?
Certainly! The sweetness and soft texture are a hit among kids.
Sweet Success Await!
Ready to bring the magic of Fall into your kitchen? Dive into this sensational apple delight! If you love this recipe, share the love, and let’s make every kitchen apple-tastic this season. Don’t forget to comment below and share your Apple creations with us!
Embrace the art of baking and let every bite of this Coffee Cake transport you to a world of pure dessert euphoria. Dive in, relish, and repeat! ~ Dana XO
Grab the Recipe For The Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
- FOR THE CAKE
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 medium-sized apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Generously grease a 9x13-inch baking pan or a similarly sized springform pan. This ensures a golden exterior and easy removal of your cake.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. This can take 3-4 minutes with a medium-speed electric mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients, alternating with the sour cream. Ensure everything is well combined.
- Gently fold in the chopped apples.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Drizzle half the caramel sauce over the batter, then top with the remaining batter.
- FOR THE PERFECT STREUSEL TOPPING
- Combine the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Cut in the cold butter using a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Sprinkle this streusel topping over the cake batter in the pan.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once baked, allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes.
- Warm the remaining caramel sauce and drizzle it over the top of the cooled cake.
- This final touch enhances the flavor and gives the cake a delectably inviting appearance.
The Prep Time of 30 minutes includes:
- Preparing the oven and pan
- Crafting the cake batter
- Preparing and layering for flavor
- Making the streusel topping
Baking Time of 45-50 minutes
The cake is baked until a toothpick inserted into its center is clean.
Cooling Time of at least 15 minutes
Allow the cake to settle and cool before adding the final touch of caramel sauce.
Servings can be 12-15
This is an estimate based on the size of the baking pan mentioned. The exact number can vary based on how large or small the pieces are cut.
Enjoy your Caramel Apple Coffee Cake and the symphony of flavors it brings!
You can add the apples throughout, and you can use chunks or slices. We recommend thin slices so they bake soft, and we recommend adding the apples closest to the top for baking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 619Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 321mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 2gSugar: 46gProtein: 7g
DanaVento.Com is not a dietician or nutritionist; any nutritional information shared is simply an estimate. Use a nutritional calculator if you need exact estimates of nutrition, and note that the brands you use in your recipe may differ slightly or significantly from those brands of items you use, creating a variance in nutritional content.
Dana’s family is throughout Sicily: Palermo, Cefalu, and Messina, and her husband’s family are throughout Rome to Spigno. Dana draws upon her travel writing life, time spent in Italy with their families, her Nonna’s recipes and time in her kitchen, and her previous “Chef” life to update old family recipes into easier everyday recipes. Dana uses today’s hottest appliances to create easy everyday recipes and to keep Italian food simple without losing every recipe’s authentic flavors and tastes.