Are you all about the movies that you collect? Do you love Disney movies? I love bringing entertainment into our home that we can watch over and over again as a family. Let’s face it watching Disney’s The BFG one time is not enough right?
I want to take in all-new short, behind the scenes stuff and really munch at that bucket of popcorn we make fresh before we sit down and enjoy our movie. Family time is all about being together and being all-in for some time together. A great family time option is watching movies, so grab your family, blankets, maybe a box of tissue (some cry at everything and that’s cool), and don’t forget the gummies.
Lavishly live entertainment out loud at home because Disney’s The BFG is available on Digital HD, Blu-ray™ and Disney Movies Anywhere now!
What Is Disney’s The BFG ?
A quick overview:
Disney and Amblin Entertainment, in association with Walden Media, present the fantasy adventure film “The BFG,” the first-ever motion picture adaptation of Roald Dahl’s resonant tale of childhood, the magic of dreams and the extraordinary friendship between a young girl and a big friendly giant. Directed by three-time Academy Award® winner Steven Spielberg, the film reunites the director with his Oscar®-nominated collaborator on “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial,” Melissa Mathison, who adapted the children’s author’s timeless adventure for the big screen. This magical tale of an extraordinary friendship loaded with exciting extras will brighten the holidays for the whole family!
Yes this movie is perfect for every age, and yes you want to go out and get this movie. When you have a holiday, there is nothing like a movie watched together to create an awesome memory. Kindness and gentle passion are what are displayed throughout, showing the genuineness of the true DISNEY movies. I can’t say enough wonderful about this movie.
Now available on Digital HD, Blu-ray™ and Disney Movies Anywhere and there are BONUS Features, which makes bringing this home even better.
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL HD:
- Bringing “The BFG” to Life – Ruby Barnhill (Sophie) hosts a phizz-whizzing journey through the making of “The BFG.” This behind-the-scenes documentary details the film’s progression through interviews with Roald Dahl’s daughter Lucy Dahl, screenwriter Melissa Mathison, executive producers Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Kristie Macosko Krieger, and numerous members of the talented cast and crew.
- The Big Friendly Giant and Me – Sophie wasn’t the first “bean” in Giant Country—many illustrations were created as if drawn by a little boy who was there long before Sophie. This charming, in-world short will bring the drawings to life with animation and narration, recounting the friendship and the dreams shared between the boy and the Big Friendly Giant.
- Gobblefunk: The Wonderful Words of The BFG – A whoopsey-splunkers tutorial on the meaning of the gloriumptious gobblefunk in “The BFG.”
- Giants 101 – Jemaine Clement (Fleshlumpeater) and Bill Hader (Bloodbottler) introduce us to the loathsome giants in “The BFG,” along with movement choreographer/motion capture performer Terry Notary, who collaborated with the actors and Director Steven Spielberg prior to filming to develop their movements and character traits.
- Melissa Mathison: A Tribute – An homage to Melissa Mathison, the extraordinary, Oscar®-nominated screenwriter of “The BFG” and “E.T.,” whose talent and heart were as immense as the giants in “The BFG.”
- John Williams: Scoring A Dream – A journey through the film’s concept art and memorable moments, interwoven with the sights and sounds of legendary composer John William’s scoring session.
- Gobblefunk: The Wonderful Words of The BFG and Melissa Mathison: A Tribute
Gathering together is one treat, but watching a magical tale that offers friendship and loads of bonus content makes the gathering even better! Lavishly live the holidays out loud and make sure to grab your copy of Disney’s The BFG in major retailers all over.
DVD provided. Opinions are my own.