Holiday inspiration comes in all forms.
Sometimes I am passing by decor in a store and I think, ” I could totally rock a DIY with that” and guess what?
I buy the materials and create my own holiday project.
As holiday tunes blast on from my speakers, my fingers move through this simple holiday DIY.
The holiday season is one of both the sweet and sour temperaments, depending on the stress levels in our day.
My DIY glow in the dark candy-filled ornament is perfect for those crazy days and mood swings.
Make these DIY Glow in the Dark Candy-Filled ornaments ahead of your parties and then light them up and display on a table when everyone arrives!
Bookmark this page, share with your church groups, families, gatherings, and get crafting.
Enjoyment of the holidays is about merriment in preparation.
Glow In The Dark Candy Filled Ornament
Have you ever seen a candy-filled ornament?
With the holiday season, many people are sweet and some are sour like the Grinch.
Other times, we just use gummies, or sweet tarts, etc.
The Tulle inside gives it a nice finished look.
GRAB YOUR INGREDIENTS
Mix up the colors, and enjoy all the different flavors, this is supposed to be a fun project!
There are no wrong colors when it comes to creativity.
I advise buying a few extra bags because you will have small customers that will want to enjoy the tasting party before it all goes together!
Glow In The Dark Candy-Filled Ornaments
Doesn’t it look great?
This is perfect for decorating a tree when everyone is over and letting it glow.
My other idea is to do this to let Santa’s Reindeer find your home on the night of Christmas Eve!
Simply place a few of these on the lawn, and let them glow, so Rudolph can land the sleigh.
Or, on Christmas Eve, light up a tree outside for ONE night, no electricity required.
The glow in the dark ornaments is perfect for holiday parties, church parties, gatherings, and small hostess favors for your guests.
Light up a table before guests arrive, or hang them on the tree.
Make ahead and enjoy the glow of the holidays!
Enjoy the glowing of a sweet and sour DIY ornament.
Pass them out, keep them for yourself, load your tree!
You never know which day you want to taste sweet things or what day might be sour, so you are covered!
How To Make Glow In The Dark Ornaments Tutorial
DIY Glow In The Dark Candy Filled Ornament
- 12 Pieces of any candy that fits in the hole of the ornament
- 6 " tulle in white optional
- 1 Clear Ornament I suggest plastic
- a Glow Stick
- First get the tulle into the ornament, by taking off the top and placing the tulle in.
- You can use the glow stick to get a little help with the 'pushing in'.
- Next, add the candy you are using into the ornament.
- If you are lighting the bulb now, bend and crack the glow stick to activate.
- However, if you are waiting until everyone arrives, place the glow stick into the ornament without bending (leaving in stick form).
- Once you are ready (before the arrival of guests) bend and activate the glow stick and replace the cap.
- Display on the tree (if not too heavy from candy) or on tables.
- Enjoy! ~Dana XO