If you are in the same situation as me, you need sanitizing wipes but can’t find them.
I’m over it and instead, I’ve made my own.
As long as you have access to either Amazon or the Dollar General, you can make these too.
You can make these in minutes, not hours and you can make large batches which are best.
No more running all over searching (which we are not supposed to be out anyway) or tackling the internet to find supplies.
Instead, make your own DIY Hand Sanitizing Wipes.
This DIY Is EASY and only takes a few things to make it happen.
Home, Office space, Handbags, Cars
DIY Hand Sanitizing Wipes For Your Home and Car truly are a necessity.
Unfortunately, I’ve not been able to find most of the items we need to keep ourselves fighting germs!
If my kids go to the playgrounds, I want them to use these as soon as they are done on the swings, slides etc.
For those running errands and touching cardboard, plastics, etc. these are ideal to wipe off your hands after so much public contact.
Use these for your keys, door handles, sunglasses, phones, and steering wheel (eh’ tread softly on the steering wheel, since it is leather and this is alcohol-based).
Just freeze the germs till you can get to actual soap and water.
Carry these in zip bags, or containers, however, you can close them airtight.
Don’t forget them anywhere you go!
When travel picks up, keep them with you for your hands and luggage handles.
Mixing U The DIY Hand Sanitizing Wipes
How many times I’ve considered making these DIY Hand sanitizing wipes and after making so many recently and using them, I could kick myself for not doing it sooner.
Truly, these pretty much take some paper towels, and some water and various other ingredients in simple ratios.
The hardest thing about this recipe & DIY has to be cutting the paper towels.
I will tell you there are very efficient ways to do so, I have just not found that yet, lol!
Simply put, I use a knife that I save in my kitchen.
In fact, this is the ‘least’ favorite knife as it is a diamond blade and has broken a lot of glasses!
Guess what, it rocks my cutting word.
Do mind your fingers and make sure your cutting board does not slip.
Make That Mixture for the DIY Hand sanitizing Wipes
All you have to do is combine the ingredients and you can change up the essential oil you use.
Do remember to use coconut oil or almond oil, as alcohol is so drying and these will add some moisture to the mix for your hands.
Hot Tips About Paper Towels & DIY Hand Sanitizing Wipes
First, use a good brand of paper towels.
Not all paper towels are made equal, splurge a little for this particular DIY.
Thank me later.
Second, you might not be able to find a container to fit the roll of paper towels you bought.
Tear off the perforated sheets and then 1/2 them, fold them and put them in their own jar as well.
All you need to add is the DIY Formula and shake it up a bit.
Your done and each square can wipe a hand to sanitize it until you get to soap and water!
Grab the ingredients for this DIY right here! ⇓
DIY Hand Sanitizing Wipes
Home, Office space, Handbags, Cars
- Knife to cut through paper towel
- Spoon to mix
- Large measuring cup or mixing bowl
- containers for wipes
- 1 Roll of Name brand paper towels
- 1 Plastic Container 1/2 size of paper towels
- a few glass jars with airtight lids optional
- 2 C Hot Water
- 1 C 70%-90% Isopropyl Alcohol
- 1 TBSP Dish Soap
- 2 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 15-20 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- First cut a roll of paper towels in 1/2.
- Be very careful doing such.
- Next, if it is too wide to fit the collar of the jar, skinny it down by taking paper towels off the roll
- Reserve these paper towels (and fold them in half into squares for use in small optional jars)
- Once the paper towel (and cardboard roll) fit into the container, push it in and make the mixture.
- In a large mixing cup, boil and then cool 2 cups of water.
- Add-in 1 c of alcohol.
- Next add in coconut oil.
- Then add in the essential oil of choice. (I used eucalyptus)
- Mix well.
- Now, pour mixture over the paper towels, replace lid and give it a good shake.
- The shaking motion alone may promote the cardboard tube to release from the towels.
- Open the lid of the container and remove the cardboard roll.
- From the middle where the cardboard roll was pull up to release the first wipe.
- That's it.
- If you chose to use the square, you may need to make a 1/2 batch of this to coat the 4 containers of paper towel squares.