What exactly are no bake cereal bars? They are just the fastest, easiest way to add cereal to a dessert, and they are so good. As a bonus, they use a multigrain cereal so that you can enjoy a bit of nutrition packed into these bars!
You will not need an oven, just a microwave.
Cooking and baking are fun. Whatever I create is made with a purpose. This Cheerios multi-grain cereal bar with marshmallows is for sports games and gatherings. Fast. Easy. Nutritious (ok, to a degree).
While snacks can be out of the bag, I prefer them made from love. Easy 3 Ingredient No-Bake Cereal Bars are the perfect snack for kids and adults. If you are a busy parent, these are perfect for a take-along when sitting on the sidelines of soccer practice, lacrosse, hockey, etc.
I believe that the best recipes are simple and fast! I stick with this mantra every time I share a recipe with you. Your family will love this easy 3 ingredient, no bake cereal bar, and you won’t believe how fast they come together.
Table of Contents
Easy 3 Ingredient Cereal Bars
I love smiles, and I love creating happy moments. For me, opening a box of Cheerios is the time I get to give happiness when I use my simple recipe to create easy 3 ingredient cereal bars, and then in return, I get smiles from my kids.
Easy is good. Fewer ingredients often create a better, more natural snack. One thing I know for certain, every time I prepare these no bake cereal bars for snack snacks, my kids are like beagles as they follow the wafting smell of marshmallows.
It becomes a bit competitive as to who gets to cut the first piece of the bars.
Pro Tips For Making Cheerios and Marshmallow Bar
- First, I suggest using colored marshmallows rather than white to create more ‘eye appeal.’
- Use bigger marshmallows for a few chunks, even after melting. The chunks make everyone feel like they’ve struck gold when they get one.
- If you like chocolate, you could make this a 4 ingredient recipe and toss in chocolate chips. I did not do that this time but have before. I suggest tossing those in after you have mixed all the other items and melted the other ingredients. After you’ve mixed all the melted up, then add in chips.
Ingredients for No-Bake Cereal Bars
- Baking Pan (13″ x 9″)
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
How TO Make The No bake Cereal Bars
Make sure to spray a pan with nonstick spray before you begin.
Then you will need to melt the marshmallows and the butter until they are smooth.
Next, you will add in the cereal you choose (Whichever Cheerios you prefer)
The tricky part is getting the mixture from the bowl onto the pan, and once you do that, just make sure to press them in well so they can be cut later.
Video Of How To Make NO Bake Cereal Bars
Watch this short video to make these really easy cereal bars that require no oven and no fuss!
Grab The Recipe For The NO Bake Cereal Bars Below!
Make sure to come back and tell me what you added or changed in your recipe~ Dana XO
NO Bake Cereal Bars
- 3 tbsp Butter (sliced 1 Tbsp each)
- 5 c cheerios any flavor you prefer
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- Prepare baking pan by misting it lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl (microwavable), place butter and marshmallows.
- Microwave for 1 minute, then stir
- Program for an additional minute, then stir
- Remove from the microwave after you have a very smooth texture (lumps are not welcome here)
- Place the 5 C of Cheerios into the mixture. (spray a spatula with nonstick spray) and mix well.
- Take the cereal mixture and place it into the pan.
- Again spray the spatula with nonstick spray and now push firmly against the mixture to 'pack' it and even it out (no mountains in the middle).
- Cut horizontally and vertically (to the size of your preference) and create squares. Serve
These no-bake bars are so easy and have a great flavor. Tote them along to any sports game for your kids to enjoy and share. Create them for the locker room or as a take-along to parties you gather with kids and adults. Easy. Fast. Delicious! ~ Dana XO