Edible Flowers Blooming With Flavor For Any Occasion
Bridal and baby showers.
Girls Night Out at your home.
Romantic meals, or dinner parties, this schmear is amazing and perfect with baguettes.
Edible Flowers and Herb Schmear creates ingredient combined together in a vibrant chorus.
Your mouth will sing the praises, I am quite sure.
I foresee this as a Mother’s Day option because it’s a no-cook and boldly presents!
While it will look like it took hours to prepare, it takes minutes!
An artisan preparation that will leave you wanting more even though there is very little prep!
Really, this is a tantalizing treat sure to make any food-lover drool (please just not on the schmear!)
Plus, because it’s carb-free it is perfect for those on the Keto Lifestyle plan!
As far as I am concerned, this is a treasure of an appetizer or side with dinner.
I want my carbs and I love bread.
The marriage of edible flowers and herbs in this schmear, allows me to enjoy both with a big blooming taste.
Edible Flowers and Herb Schmear
First and foremost, have you tried my Romantic Petals and Herb Butter?
Then, you will understand why I am obsessed with this schmear!
Now, the most important thing you can do to prepare for this edible flowers and herb schmear is to buy or make fresh baguette bread!
Oh, the crust of the baguette, against the smooth texture of this schmear just sings!
This gourmet mixture combines butter and herbs to create a fresh new flavor.
Never use butter that has been in your refrigerator for a while.
The stick might have captured flavors from within the fridge and that will make this taste nasty!
So, you do want to purchase fresh butter.
Also, your herbs and fresh edible flowers should be purchased on the same day.
No old ingredients unless you want to taste what I term ‘wilt’ in your mouth!
As far as the butter goes, I used salted, I prefer a taste that has a little something in it.
Yes, you can use unsalted butter if that is how you roll!
Do not melt the butter to get the softness you need to mix.
Allow the butter to come to room temperature on the countertop.
If you microwave the butter you will WILT and harm the ingredients.
Presentation & What I Know!
Yes, you certainly could put this on a plate.
Or you can put it on a piece of parchment paper.
Last, you can also put it on a cutting board.
My favorite is parchment.
When we are done, I just toss it out!
That is why I love parchment.
Plus, I know from experience there will be no edible flower and herb schmear left!
It’s fetching to look at and it’s the first ‘appetizer’ to go when I set it out.
DO place either disposable knives for spreading or butter knives for grabbing.
One should not RUN Their baguette and hands through this that is just gross unless it’s you and date only!
- A Stick of Butter salted or unsalted your choice at room temperature
- Edible Flowers about 5 Blooms of assorted colors. snapdragons and marigold
- Red Pepper Flakes a dash
- Chives Chopped
- Thyme Chopped
- Oregano Chopped
- Basil Chopped
- Smoked Paprika
- Freshly Milled Pepper
- Place a piece of parchment paper down (about the size of a smaller cookie sheet)
- Next, using an icing spreader (or spatula or spoon) spread the butter across the parchment paper, keeping it rather thin, but not transparent
- Once you spread the butter evenly it's time to give it a dash of color.
- Sprinkle with red hot pepper flakes, LIGHTLY.
- Follow that with the green herbs: Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Parsely.
- Then, pieces of the petals of the edible flowers as small as you can make them.
- Next top off with a dash of smoked paprika (or you can use Italian Seasoning Spice mixture).
- Make sure that the herbs are small and the petals too.
- Then add slices of baguette to the sides and some knives to spread the schmear on your bread chunks.
- Chill any leftovers by scraping the parchment and putting it into a container that is sealed.
- Enjoy at a later date up to a week (though flowers and herbs may brown!)