Knowing my way around the kitchen, and grain-free options, it was time to tackle the Bagel Scene. You see, this recipe is hunger inspired.
Hunger for carbs that I crave, without wanting to bust my lower daily carb intake, I needed a good alternative.
I am not allergic to eggs, I just HATE them. The texture, the smell, the taste.
Trust me, I’m not the only person like this.
Most of you know I am a vegetarian, not by choice but due to health issues.
Honestly, I’d NEVER go back to eating meat anyway even if I was able.
Creating a low carb bagel, without eggs, that allows me to indulge in that taste of Everything Seasoning is possible.
The bonus that I realized after making these so many times is that they are also grain-free, gluten-free, Keto, and vegetarian.
So many can benefit from this recipe!
No more avocados only with Everything But The Bagel Seasoning!
Today, I am about to share my Hunger Inspired Grain-free Eggless Everything Bagels.
Hunger Inspired Grain-Free Eggless Everything Bagels
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Keto-Friendly, Eggless Everything Bagels – Yeah that’s a THANG!
I’ve baked these so many times, I can’t even remember how many dozens I have made.
I can’t say I am totally KETO, nor am I Gluten Free, but I do eat more KETO-Friendly and Gluten-Free than not.
For those wondering how this has changed me? Yes, I have dropped a lot of pounds 20+ and more to go (thyroid issues suck, but I battled back!)
Honestly, I can’t totally commit to the KETO thing, or all grain-free and gluten-free but a good mix is outstanding in my opinion and that’s where I have landed.
Somewhere in between each of those lies a happy medium for me. However, what I have learned is that for many of you, these can be used in all of the aforementioned lifestyles.
Therefore, I need to publish it and help you out with super easy recipes that make a difference in your daily meal planning!
However, vegetarianism mixed up with KETO truly keeps my CARB count at bay and allows me true versatility.
You see, I’m a Stevia kind of gal, and love using almond and coconut flour to cook and bake, so this all just makes good sense right?
What Makes Me Different Is What Follows – Grain-Free Eggless Everything Bagels
Long ago, I found a great recipe, for a Mozzarella dough, that was life-altering. The thing is, it had eggs in it.
My daughter had gone Gluten-Free due to health issues, so I began making this dough.
After a while, she stopped Gluten-Free as we found it was not the culprit of health issues. However, I kept on making this dough because I love it!
Banana me Not!
When I was younger, my mom went on a trip to England.
She left me with a sitter.
However, everything she made while we stayed with her was a banana.
Banana chips, muffins, pancakes.
Um, I hate banana, just putting this out there.
By the time my mom came back home, I never ate another banana.
They love bananas I don’t.
Mind you it was just too much banana for me.
Breaching my own rule of no bananas, I’ve tried them as a sub for eggs, but thanks no thanks.
I wanted to throw up in my mouth with that taste.
The banana was so predominant it shielded all the other flavors. Alternatively, I tried subbing in applesauce but that is not the right sub-in either.
Lacto Vegetarianism Gift From The Gods
Then, I found my game-changing EGGLESS option and I’ve been creating recipes that are Eggless nonstop!
Finding this egg replacement was like a gift from the Lacto Vegetarianism Gods!
Honestly, I am not that Vegetarian, nor do I preach about not eating meat, mine was a coincidental health issue that led me down this path.
However, I’ve tweaked a lot along my journey and I have learned that I really NEVER cared for meat anyway.
The signs that I hated meat were all there every day, I just never realized it.
Not A Meat Eater
During pregnancy ONE, we had made lamb chops, as at this time I still ate meat.
That night, after rinsing the dishes and putting them in the dishwasher, the dry cycle let off the foulest smell I have ever experienced.
In fact, I’ve smelled it recently in someone else’s home and had to walk outside.
Lamb, somehow stuck on a rinsed platter smells so over-the-top nasty that it sends me into the bathroom.
Now, after experiencing those non-aromatic bursts of disgusting odors, I could not eat meat for a few days, until I stopped thinking about it.
Fast forward a few years.
Child 2 pregnancy.
Hamburgers were freshly made and then the charred pan was placed in our dishwasher.
Any guesses how this turned out?
Meat and Prep at Home – I’m Still A Mom of Meat-Eating kids
Then there is the occasional piece of chicken that still has like chicken feathers and those nods of blood corpuscles sticking out.
Seriously, I have to often look away or suck on a mint to get through this whole moment.
I try to avoid purchasing legs and wings.
However, my boys love these pieces so, I suck it up.
But now I believe you get how I feel about meat, let’s move on, lol.
Egg Replacement – Grain-Free Eggless Everything Bagels
In the event that you’ve read my other Eggless recipes, that I have started to publish, you know that you can make Eggless Eggnog.
Additionally, you can make Eggless Pumpkin Spiced Paleo Pancakes. That’s just the beginning of the Eggless journey!
Now you can make these Keto-Friendly bagless sins eggs! Mmmm, it’s true and Nom Nom Nom they are good for noshing!
Before We Make Grain-Free Eggless Everything Bagels, Let’s Talk About Forms
You will see that I have my DIY lady lock forms used in the middle of each of these.
I wanted to make certain my bagels had holes and did not form together because of the cheese dough.
These will help. It’s not a perfect science by I definitely use them over and over.
You don’t have too, but if you do, you will definitely have middles with holes. Not one lump form.
Since you are using cheese in the dough and may or may not be experienced with this dough, remember melted cheese spreads.
Mixing Things Up – Grain-Free Eggless Everything Bagels Dough
I prefer to change everything up when I get a recipe I love.
Don’t just use mozzarella, use some Monterey Jack and Cheddar Blend too. Why? I love the flavor mix and how it blends better than straight Moz.
Many pizza shops use a mix too and I learned this trick when I had my own restaurant/deli. Truly these cheeses melt nicely. g
Also, you will find that I did not ‘egg’ the tops either. Instead, I used water, resulting in a crisper top texture.
Ingredients for Grain-Free Eggless Everything Bagels
Pro Subbing Tip
***For Those Who Want To Partially Sub In Coconut Flour To Lessen Almond Flour (generally cost reasons) – Here’s your How-To
You want to make this recipe and you want to only use ONE cup of Almond Flour and The following to lessen the almond flour.
Basically, 1 c of Almond Flour is equal to 1/4 C of Coconut Flour, but… You need to also add the other ingredient to make sure you are not making DRY food.
Partial Sub In – which means 1 C Almond Flour and 1/4 C Coconut Flour –
To create this, and keep it EGGLESS. You need to follow the directions below.
Make your egg replacer. It’s 1 Tablespoon Egg Replacer to 2 Tablespoons of Water. Mix and let it sit to thicken.
Take 1/4 Coconut Flour to add it to the Egg REplacer. (this egg replacer is in ADDITION to the other Egg, you MUST add it)
Now prepare the rest of the recipe as above stated, except the only add in 1 C of Almond Flour instead of 2.
Print The Recipe Here
Hunger Inspired Grain-Free Eggless Everything Bagels
- Baking Powder 1 Tbsp
- Almond Flour 2 C
- 2 Tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 C Kraft Cheese Mozzarella Low Moisture Part-Skim Shredded GF, Egg Free
- 1/2 C Kraft Cheese Cheddar & Monterey Jack Shredded GF, Egg Free
- 2 Oz Cream Cheese Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Brick Original GF, Egg Free
- 5-6 Tbsp Everything But The Bagel Trader Joe's or Costco's Everything Spice (GF)
- 5 Tbsp Water
- Baking Pan lined with parchment paper.
- 2 very small disc-like dishes. One with water one with Everything Spice.
- If you opt to use my lady lock pins get the how to make them here, or just make sure to press hard in the middle to have a bagel hole.
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Lady Lock Pins optional
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine baking powder and almond flour. Mix with a fork until combined. Set aside.
- Set aside one small flat dish with Everything But The Bagel Spice and one dish with the water.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup, place cheese coconut oil in a bowl first.
- Next, add in all the cheese items.
- Cover and, microwave in 30-second increments until all melted. Mixing so that it is combined well.
- Once mixed, add in the egg replacer, mix well again.
- Now add in the dry mixture, combining until dough forms.
- Make sure to mix from the bottom to include all the dry ingredients.
- Once the dough is formed, scoop by the tablespoon into a ball. Then poke a hole in the middle of the ball with your thumb.
- Do make sure you break through the hole bagel dough.
- Dunk bagel into (lightly) into water. Just enough to quickly dampen.
- Move bagel into the seeds. Repeat on the other side.
- Once optimally coated, place on a baking sheet, put lady lock pin in (optional), and spaced about 3 in a row width-wise.
- Remember these will spread during cooking.
- Bake at 400°F for anywhere between 15-20 minutes. Watch for them to turn golden brown and remove.
- Allow cooling for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- These should keep for up to 2 days in an airtight container. Freeze them if you are not using them all at once.