Today I will share 9 items to always fill your beach bag with.
If you want to spend the day at the beach or be packed and ready to spend the day at the beach, this definitive guide of what to fill your bag for the beach with will help you get ready for a fun beach day!
When I know that we will head to the beach as a couple or a family, I pack the bag for the beach long before any of the trips because it is easiest to do this when I am not under a time crunch! You can do the same, and I suggest doing this.
Our premises is to fill your beach bag with the best beach day items you need, but that won’t take up lots of space or weigh your bag down!
Keep things simple, organized, and ready for action, and fill your beach-bound bag with stuff you need instead of stuff you won’t use! Read on to grab the list!
Table of Contents
1. Pack A Chaise Beach Lounge Cover (lounge chair cover)
It’s no secret that spending a day at the beach can be incredibly relaxing. Many public beach clubs and hotels provide lounge chairs, as do beach services, but who wants to sit on what someone else’s butt and body were on before you?
You’ll want a beach chaise chair cover in the day and age of thong bathing suits, sweaty bodies from the sun, and sunscreen that breaches and stains everything.
- the lounge chair cover will soften the seat beneath (a little)
- the chaise lounge cover will shield you from previous patron’s sweat
- a chaise lounge cover will protect the chair material below from your sunscreen
- The beach lounge chair cover affords you a clean space to sit and relax on
How To Choose A Great Beach Chaise Lounge Chair Cover
- Look for durable and COMFORTABLE material.
- Opt for breathable fabrics such as cotton.
- Seek out microfiber becuase it doesn’t shrink and absorbs water and sweat.
- Please make sure to buy a large enough cover to fit standard chairs.
- Look for a beach chair lounger cover in a fun color.
- Seek a pocket on your beach chaise cover to stow what you need while sitting (hair ties, charger, etc.)
Amazon’s Top Beach Lounge Chair Cover Options
Our first favorite beach chair cover pick comes with 1K+ in excellent reviews and has pockets and fun colors; you’ll never miss your lounge chair among the rest because these colors pop!
Another excellent option for anyone wanting primary colors (basic) is this luxury and hotel pool chair cover, which is soft, durable, and 100% cotton and has many positive reviews!
For our final pick, we love this oversized classic thick cotton chaise pool cover for the multiple positive reviews, the traditional stripe colors, and its absorbent.
2. Stop Your Towel From Blowing Away
When you want to wash away the stresses of daily life, head to the beach!
But when you go, ensure your chaise pool towel doesn’t blow away.
IMO there is nothing more ridiculous and frustrating than the towel beath blowing or repositioning itself after you set it in place.
While the blowing wind of the beach zone is something we love, the movement of the chaise lounge towels is not.
Follow these simple tips to keep your towel from blowing away at the beach, as they are the best beach day items:
- Attach your towel to the lounge chair with a beach towel clip or a clothespin, ensuring that your towel stays in place even if there is a gust of wind.
- Place a heavy object on top of your towel, like a book, or a beach bag, to help keep your towel anchored to the ground.
- Wrap your towel around the legs of the lounge chair, creating a snug fit that will prevent the towel from blowing away.
- Tie your towel to the lounge chair using a string or a scarf. This method is especially effective if you have a lightweight towel.
- We love these beach chair clip bands. They are practical, take up no space, and don’t have to worry about springs breaking.
Optional Ideas To Secure Your Beach Towel To Your Lounge Chair
A few things that can be used to secure your towel are large binder clips, heavy-duty rubber bands, or even Velcro strips. If you have a beach blanket, you can also use it to help keep your towel in place by placing it over the top of the towel and tying it down.
Following these simple tips and filling your beach bag with any of the above-listed items will help you prevent your towel from blowing away and allow you to enjoy a relaxing day at the beach.
3. Your Bag for the Beach Needs A Swimsuit Wet Dry Bag
If you go to the beach, pack a swimsuit travel bag in your beach bag. A wet swimsuit bag will keep your damp swimsuit from getting your other items in your beach bag wet.
A swimsuit travel bag carries wet swimsuits, towels, and other swimming-related items without worrying about wet suits wetting anything else in your bag.
Most swimsuit travel bags are waterproof or water-resistant, and some have built-in hooks or loops for hanging on a towel rack or swimming pool deck chair. Some swimsuit travel bags have compartments or pockets for sunglasses, sunscreen, and other beach or poolside necessities.
Our Favorite Wet Dry Swimsuit Bag Picks
Make sure to fill your beach bag with a least one of these wet-dry swimsuit bags, and you can find many more on Amazon!
- A 3-pack that folds so small, it is a washable wet and dry swimsuit bag in many designs under $15!
- Generously sized waterproof suit bag for towels, gym clothes, and bathing suits in so many styles
- Fun summer beach designs and a FOUR pack for Under $20. We LOVE these as they are BEACH Colorful Prints
4. Shield Your Eyes From the Sun
Sunglasses are also a must-have when spending time in the sun. They help to protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
12,000 reviews can’t be wrong, and these pink mirrored shades come in multiple colors, provide UV protection for your eyes, and are reasonably priced.
When shielding your eyes from the sun, you must fill your beach bag with reliable, beach-only glasses.
PRO BEACH TIP + SUNGLASSES: We keep our bag for the beach filled with shades for each of us. At the end of the beach trip, we clean them and toss them back in the bag; they are beach-only sunglasses!
5. Packable Towels Won’t Fill Your Beach Bag
When you think of beach towels, you probably think of the big, bulky towels you use to lay out on the sand or dry off after a dip in the ocean. Did you know some towels are equally as big as those bulky towels, but instead of bulk, they are fast-absorbing, sand-free alternatives that pack up into tiny pouches about the size of a basic flipflop?
Packable towels are just what they sound like – towels we pack and take in a small pouch. These towels are a must-have whether you’re heading to the beach for the day or the gym, camp, etc. The packable towels consist of quick-drying materials, so you won’t have to worry about them getting wet or sandy.
Why bring packable towels in your bag for the beach?
1. They’re easy to pack because they are so tiny yet mighty, and a full-size towel folds down to the size of a flip-flop!
Unlike bulky beach towels, a packable towel rolls up or flattens into its carry pouch. Toss them in your bag for the beach without a lot of weightiness, and this means more room for other essential items, like sunscreen and snacks.
2. They’re quick-drying.
Quick-drying materials make packable towels ideal for the beach. No more wet, sandy towels to deal with at the end of the day.
3. They’re versatile.
Packable towels’ usefulness is endless:
- Dry off from a dip in the pool or ocean
- use them as a beach blanket
- Please keep them in your car for impromptu picnics
- Use them to wipe things down (yoga mats, chairs, etc.)
4. They’re lightweight.
Most packable towels consist of lightweight fabric, so they won’t weigh you down when you’re carrying them to the beach. Our towels are ultra-soft microfiber that feels good against the skin and does not retain sand, so you won’t scratch yourself when drying off.
5. They’re affordable.
You can save money to get a good quality packable towel. There are a variety of brands and styles available at different price points.
We love the following packable beach towels:
- 35″ x 71″ packable towel in fun colors & a durable carry pouch
- A brand of packable towels has the classic stripe patterns we love
These versatile, easy-to-use towels are a must-have for any beach day
6. Fill Your Beach Bag: No Sand-Covered Drinks
What’s worse than being thirsty on a beach in the sand? Your drink bottle or cup gets covered with sand that sticks to the cup of the bottle and then to your hand. Then, you touch your eye or hair and are coated in the sand! No thanks.
Open. Sip. Enjoy.
Each beverage holder is a small item to bring in your bag for the beach, and they are easy to use; choosing which one you want to buy is the most challenging choice you will need to make!
- Beach cup holders that grip into the sand also have a bottle opener attached, a fabulous extra (IMO)
- Simple beach CUP-ONLY Holders in a 4-pack with a carry case (not for the beer drinker unless CANS are the cup)
7. Fill Your Beach Bag With Fun In The Sun Extras
Hats, pails, chargers, and sunscreen.
We believe everyone should have a beach hat, but they are very much a personal taste accessory. There is no one size fits all beach-bound hat to suggest there are several!
- wide-brimmed collapsible hat for men (packs small, travels well, UV protective)
- slightly floppy brimmed collapsible hat for women
- Ponytail UV Protective cap in so many fabulous colors for your bag for the beach!
Pails for the Sand are a must but don’t drag a big bucket, use this option instead.
We love the silicone collapsible pails that collapse to FLAT.
- Square collapsible pails are great for sandcastles and take up so little space in your bag for the beach.
- A round pail set of a collapsible 3-piece pail is classic and perfect for toting along!
Sunscreen is essential anytime you are outside, especially at the beach, as the UV is extremely harsh on your skin.
This is our favorite flat bottle, zinc Oxide SPF50 Sunscreen. It’s easy to pack, reliable, and shields while allowing you to tan.
A day at the beach should be filled with relaxation and fun, but that doesn’t mean you should skimp on being prepared.
Now I’d Like To Hear From You
There you have it: your definitive guide of 7 useful items to fill your beach bag with!
Now I’d like to hear what you have to say:
Did you learn any new products from today’s post?
Is there a beach bag item I forgot to mention?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below. ~ Dana XO
Dana Vento is an accomplished travel writer who has written award-winning articles for Niagara Falls, USA, and Cabarrus, NC, and won IG photography for Southern Delaware beaches. Her best stories are on the pages of her passport. Dana offers tips for travel to help you have the best adventures!
Leave a Reply