Chances are when you head to Port Clinton you will be there to enjoy the beach, the water, the shopping, and of course Ohio island hopping. You’ll need a great place to stay, so I’ve uncovered 5 hotels in Port Clinton on the Lake sharing stunning sunsets with great proximity to dig into lots of those Lake Erie Love adventures nearby.
Why You’ll Love The Port Clinton Area in Ohio
With that fabulous Lake Erie shoreline greeting you throughout the area, you just can’t help but smile and feel like you are at the beach and on vacation!
There are plenty of cottages, beds, breakfasts, and simple motels in the area as well, you’ll just need to Google to find them!
The lake view is gorgeous, and you can see it throughout the area in many different ways!
- On the lake hotels allow you to savor the sunrises and sunsets
- You’ll love the proximity of the port cling hotels to shopping and eateries
- Each of the hotels in this article is close to the attractions in the area and throughout Ottawa County
- If choosing to stay in the hotels on the lake you’ll have easy access to water transport over to Put In Bay, Kelleys Island, etc.
- 1 of the featured hotels has its’ own private beach and an eatery right on the premises making sunset the perfect time to kick back and enjoy the food, drinks, and scenery of the lake!
Things To Do In The Ottawa County Area
- visit the famous popcorn retail outlet
- watch the drawbridge
- head to Marblehead Lighthouse
- monsoon lagoon water park
- seek out a sunset
- African Safari Wildlife Park
- visit the Rocky Point Winery
- head over to Put In Bay
- go to Kelley’s Island
Here’s A List Of The Hotels In Port Clinton On The Lake
Take a look and see which of these meets what you are looking for from proximity to Marblehead to nonstop lake views!
Also know these are not the only choices, but some of the more popular ones!
#1 Select this Beachfront Resort!
Why Select This On The Lake Hotel?
- perfect for couples
- great for active families with kids that want time on the beach
- it has an indoor pool you can use across the street
- the access to the Jet Express is crazy great (just steps away)
- Every room at the Beachfront Resort has a lake view and a view of the beach.
- Park one time and play on the beach, eat and drink
- Private access to beach boasting 1000 feet of lakeshore fun
- dining within a few steps of your room!
#2 This Affordable Hotels Boasts Affordable Rooms
- For anyone that wants a quick, comfortable, clean room choose this hotel!
- A larger pool at the hotel for the size of the hotel
- a hot tub for after those fun days to just soak
- it’s just 11 minutes away from Marblehead
- you can easily grab water transport to Kelley’s Island or Put In Bay
- close to Wild Animal Safari
#3 A Hotel On The Banks Of The Portage River
- You can enjoy the bar that sits facing the Portage River great for end of day sunsets
- Great drinks and food right at your fingertips
- Perfect if you are going on a fishing charter you are situated right at the marina!
- This hotel sits right on the banks of the river
- The destination when you need to get your boat in the water, the staff is HELPFUL
- The rooms are very clean!
#4 Enjoy Lakefront Views In an Affordable Hotel
Many rooms here have a lakefront view as well, as The Clinton Inn & Suites is a great location within a half-hour of the airport, and Cedar Point, while being close to the water transportation to hop to the Ohio Islands.
Rooms are reasonably priced and there is a seasonal pool.
This is a great choice to be close to everything but far enough away that you are not in the chaos of it all!
#5 Centrally Located Lake Erie Shores and Islands Lodging
Accommodations at this resort (bed and breakfast) are on the water, with every single guest room offering its own private bath and more.
Your room will provide you with lake views to enjoy sunsets.
Plus, if you want to enjoy the great summer weather there is a hot tub and swim spa with a large deck to just gaze!
Port Clinton Lighthouse
A stop-by day at the Port Clinton Lighthouse was so pretty by day.
I love watching the Lighthouse with the lake behind it!
A very unique lighthouse resides in Port Clinton.
It was different than other towering lighthouses, but it is a working lighthouse, just not nearly as towering as most others!
Is there Beachfront Dining Near The Port Clinton Ohio Hotels
In fact, you’ll find beachfront dining very close to the one property on a private beach, with a poppin’ vibe, great eats, fun music, and an awesome view!
Where to in Port Clinton? Head on over to Dock’s Beach House.
Take a look inside too, as there is plenty of seating and yes it gets loaded with patrons!
Plus if you stay at the marina lodging described above, you’ll find a bar situated right on the Portage River.
Transportation Options To The Ohio Islands
For anyone looking to island-hop to Kelleys Island Or Put In Bay you can get there a few different ways:
- Jet Express
- Miller Ferry
- Your Own Boat
Where To Grab Great Sunset Photos In Port Clinton
I love sunset and we found that at one of the Port Clinton Hotels (Beach Resort) at Dock’s restaurant we could grab easy photos from the shore.
The other favorite option is at the Port Clinton Ohio Lighthouse, close to many of the other Port Clinton hotels in the area as well.
There are beautiful sunsets to behold above the lake, so make sure to enjoy one while you are here.
Sunsets are calorie-free, eye-fixations, that let you indulge without worry!
~ DANA XO
Leave a Reply