We’ve all been here. The moment you open your closet door and just roll your eyes at the lack of selection or the underwhelming style we have just come to accept. Shake up your existing wardrobe!
Now it’s time to change that and we’ll share how t breathe new life into your existing wardrobe in 5 easy and bold ways you might not have previously considered.
If you’re bored with wearing the same old things day after day, never looking different, and feeling like your fashion sense has simply deserted you, it is time to shake up your wardrobe.
I do this a lot because when I am on location for work as a travel writer and I can’t always pack 10 suitcases so I have to get savvy and reinvent what I brought along.
The same concept applies to everyone. Flip your wardrobe over and over, to create new and functional outfits with your current fashion pieces.
However, you’ve got to know what you own in your closet before you go and purchase any other wardrobe pieces or fashion accessories, to make sure that you have exhausted the possible combinations of clothing! Do you do this?
Don’t know where to start? Here are some of the most effective easy to shake up your wardrobe, and give your style an overhaul, right now.
What Happens When You Shake Up Your Existing Wardrobe
So in order to really understand why you would want to breathe new life into your existing wardrobe you’ll need to grasp the benefits ahead of time, and here is what you can expect from a wardrobe update with pieces instead of buying a whole new wardrobe!
- You’ll have more pieces to mix and match
- You’ll feel better
- Use what you have to create a new look you’ll be surprised at how well this works and it doesn’t cost a penny
- You will discover more options you might not have considered before
- You’ll save money because you don’t have to buy an entirely new wardrobe and instead can add pieces in.
#1 Where To Find New Pieces For Your Wardrobe
Shop in new stores, of course, so you don’t end up with the same old stuff!
One of the easiest ways to shake up your style is to simply check out new stores or try a great online boutique you have never shopped in before.
You’ll want to do this instead of always buying from the same clothing store.
Why? Because even if the fashions are quite similar, different stores will have their own takes on it, and by exploring more of them, you can easily breathe new life into your wardrobe without a radical departure in your style.
#2 Reinvent What You Already Own!
It’s true, fashion is always evolving but so are you!
If you want to shake up your wardrobe without actually buying anything new, then experiment with wearing the clothes you already own in new and interesting ways.
- try wearing your fizzy sweater under a slip dress instead of jeans for a 90s vibe
- wear your leopard print shoes with your floral dress for a pattern clash that will make your outfit seem 100 percent more unique.
- tie a knot in the front of a long blouse bringing it to hip level
- use a tee shirt with a sweater vest instead of a long shirt
- cut a pair of jeans and leave them frayed
There are lots of non-traditional ways you can wear clothing to make it more interesting, so see what works for you.
#3 How To Mix Casual + Luxe Clothing
Have you tried to mix loungewear with luxe?
Oh the mega-possibilities, after all, didn’t we just start into our new normal and bid adieu to the capital of loungewear?
Pro Tip: Mix loungewear with luxe for an exciting new combination
A great way to change up your wardrobe now is to mix loungewear with luxe.
- try wearing your basic jeans with pretty pink heels
- or how about a casual graphic print tee with tailored trousers
- or a fun tee under a work jacket or a yoga top with jeans
These mixtures will give you a very desired designer look on a budget and the mix of effortless with comfy and casual and it definitely keeps your wardrobe interesting and vibing.
With the mix of lux and loungewear, you suddenly have created new life into your existing wardrobe and it didn’t cost a thing!
#4 Get Crafty With Your Wardrobe
Who loves crafting? This part of my how-to-shake-up our existing wardrobe article is then dedicated to you!
Channel your inner-crafting gal and curate the most unique one-of-a-kind wardrobe!
Very simple put: learn how to use a sewing machine and then use your newfound skills to change up, and accessorize your current clothing can be set in motion!
- add a lace hem to your blue jeans
- turn your band t-shirts into dresses by adding a tulle skirt
- bling to buttons and pockets
- monogram your shirts
- add cuffs to jeans
- sew a patch of some other color onto a pocket
When you know how to sew, the possibilities are endless and your wardrobe never has to look like everyone else’s ever again.
#5 Do What Is Not The Norm To Bring New Life Into Your Existing Wardrobe
- wearing a dainty silk scarf with joggers and a t-shirt is not the norm, so if you do it, your outfit will instantly look more interesting.
- wearing cropped jeans with winter boots is pretty unusual, so doing that will give you a different silhouette from everyone else who has tucked their skinnies into their boots.
- wear plaid with polka dots and see how the patterns challenge each other yet pull together
- wear colors that clash but yet meld in some odd way to brighten up drab clothing
- wear 2 different shoes by the same designer to pull color from your clothing
- wear white when you shouldn’t and black to make a statement
- wear clothing items that are monochrome, you’ll stand out
You Got This So Go Shake Up Your Existing Wardrobe!
Now you know how to shake up your existing wardrobe and while the tips are bold they are easy, don’t you agree?
Do something unexpected if you want to shake up your style and you will find that it is a whole lot easier to achieve a unique fashion all of your own if you do.
So there you have it! It’s really easy to shake things up in the wardrobe department, and you don’t even need to spend a lot of money on your clothes in order to do so!
Leave a Reply