I am ready to nibble on a few pieces of this fantastic breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner recipe!
Consequently, I should share that my recipe requires zero cake batter and delivers big on taste and crunch!
Because using the air fryer creates an over-the-top crunch and allows the inside of the ‘crunchy’ exterior to remain tasty!
Now, the key to this delicious 10-minute Funfetti French Toast recipe is using really good bread, that is not flimsy.
Plus, it really helps if you understand air fryer principles.
That said, even if you are not a pro with that air fryer my step-by-step directions will keep this toast crunchy and tasty.
The air fryer is the ultimate tool in the kitchen, IMO.
Is your belly hungry?
Are you ready to break that fast and is it time to eat?
I hope so because the ultimate air fryer funfetti french toast is can be made as you are just about to break your fast!
Isn’t it funny that ‘break your fast’ is so close to ‘breakfast’?
Air Fryer Funfetti French Toast
Let’s attempt to keep this recipe short and sweet.
First and foremost, I tried this on a skillet and hated the results.
Then, after I decided that I should have just used my fave appliance, I went at it!
First, I pre-heated it for 5 minutes, and yes that was the perfect amount of time.
Next, I added my high temp liner so that the cleanup and removal would be easy.
Last, I made certain that the Funfetti French Toast was ready to go.
After all, I wrote dozens of recipes for a large brand that sells air fryers!
In fact, you’ve probably downloaded my recipes, videos, and images without even knowing it was me!
Things That Will Make Or Break Your Air Fryer Funfetti French Toast
Thin bread, without a solid crust, is not the way to roll with this particular recipe.
However, if it is all you have, toasts the bread to get it firmed up before you attempt to work with it.
Next, if you have to toast it, please note that the final taste will be a bit different as the base layer (the toast) was toasted.
In reality, a nice chunk of bread, not too thick or thin but one with a textured crust should be your choice.
Often baguette pieces in long slices are my go-to, but also crusty Italian Bread.
Flavoring Is Everything With Air Fryer Funfetti French Toast
I’ve made this particular recipe so many times that I can recite it verbatim.
Always key to a great taste is the addition of Vanilla Extract and an optional extract I’ll toss in the recipe card.
There’s nothing like it really and both are staples in most kitchens, no worries.
Last, the powdered sugar enhances the flavor and IMO is better than adding syrup to an already mighty tasty combination.
So, let’s hop into that recipe card, and make this shall we?
Don’t forget to start pre-heating that air fryer.
- 2 Large Eggs Cracked whisked by hand in a shallow dish
- 1/4 c FUNFETTI Coffee Creamer
- Crusty Bread not too thin (2 slices)
- 1 teaspoon each of vanilla and almond extract both are optional but make it even better!
- *optional but fabulous >> Brown Sugar about 1 tablespoon
- Confectioner's Sugar
- Nonstick Air Fryer Liner
- Program the air fryer to 400°F & Preheat for 5 minutes.
- Place the nonstick air fryer liner inside the fry basket.
- While the air fryer is preheating prepare the French Toast.
- In the same dish as you prepared the hand-whisked eggs, place approximately adds the Funfetti Creamer (coffee creamer section of the grocery store). *
- Whisk to combine and evenly distribute.
- Add in the optional Almond and Vanilla extract,.
- Simple dip the french toast into the mixture, then sprinkle with brown sugar about a tablespoon.
- Place in the preheated air fryer basket.
- Program the air fryer to 400°F and 10 minutes.
- At about 5 minutes, open and turn, and sprinkle this side of the French Toast with the brown sugar too.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, your bread should be crisp and the brown sugar crunchy.
- Remove from the air fryer, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, and optionally a few mini chocolate chips!
- Serve and enjoy.