The Delicious 10-Minute Air Fryer Funfetti French Toast is easy to make is air fried, not pan-fried.
Make this any day of the week because this air fryer Funfetti French toast is that easy and really yummy.
Air Fryer Funfetti French Toast requires no cake batter!
I am ready to nibble on a few pieces of this fantastic breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner recipe!
Consequently, I should share that my recipe requires zero cake batter and delivers big on taste and crunch!
Because using the air fryer creates an over-the-top crunch and allows the inside of the ‘crunchy’ exterior to remain tasty!
What will I need to make this air-fried french toast?
- Use really good bread, that is not flimsy.
- plus, it really helps if you understand air fryer principles.
That said, even if you are not a pro with that air fryer my step-by-step directions will keep this toast crunchy and tasty.Jump to Recipe
Air Fryer Funfetti French Toast: The steps.
Let’s attempt to keep this recipe short and sweet.
First, I pre-heated it for 5 minutes, and yes that was the perfect amount of time.
Next, I added my high temp liner so that the cleanup and removal would be easy.
Last, I made certain that the Funfetti French Toast was ready to go, which meant that the bread was dipped and ready for the preheated air fryer.
You Will LOVE what I used to Dip the Air-Fried French Toast in
Just so you know, I didn’t dip this in milk.
That’s right, I used something totally different and if you want to know what it is, just jump to the recipe.
Otherwise, keep reading for a few short tips, that I learned along the way!
Things That Will Make Or Break Your Air Fryer Funfetti French Toast
As I mentioned at the beginning, the bread can be the devil to the recipe and well you never know what’s going to happen.
Thin bread, without a solid crust, is not the way to roll with this particular recipe.
However, if it is all you have, toast the bread to get it firmed up before you attempt to work with it.
I don’t mean to hard toast it to burn level, just firm it up, and when it comes out set it on a paper towel to take the moisture from the heat out of it.
Next, if you have to toast it, please note that the final taste will be a bit different as the base layer (the toast) was toasted.
Overall, you want a nice chunk of bread, not too thick or thin but one with a textured crust should be your choice.
Often baguette pieces in long slices are my go-to, but also crusty Italian Bread.
Flavoring Is Everything With Air Fryer Funfetti French Toast
I’ve made this particular recipe so many times that I can recite it verbatim.
Always key to a great taste is the addition of Vanilla Extract and an optional extract I’ll toss in the recipe card.
For those that are hell-bent on the truest flavor of Funfetti, grab cake batter flavoring extract and use that, otherwise, the ingredient that is in the recipe will do just fine!
There’s nothing like it really and both are staples in most kitchens, no worries.
Last, the powdered sugar enhances the flavor and IMO is better than adding syrup to an already mighty tasty combination.
TOP Off but don’t air fry….
While we love sprinkles atop, you should not air fry with them on. Air-fried French toast with sprinkles will just make a mess in the air fryer.
The sprinkles probably won’t stick but will melt and well have fun cleaning that up!
You could also make royal icing for this with just a bit of water, some powdered sugar, and a drop of Karo Syrup if you want rich, white icing like toaster pastries are famously known for.
Recipe Time for Air-Fried French Toast ↓↓↓
So, let’s hop into that recipe card, and make this shall we?
Don’t forget to start pre-heating that air fryer.
Air Fryer Funfetti French Toast
- 2 Large Eggs Cracked whisked by hand in a shallow dish
- 1/4 c FUNFETTI Coffee Creamer
- Crusty Bread not too thin (2 slices)
- 1 teaspoon each of vanilla and almond extract both are optional but make it even better!
- *optional but fabulous >> Brown Sugar about 1 tablespoon
- Confectioner’s Sugar
- Nonstick Air Fryer Liner
- Program the air fryer to 400°F & Preheat for 5 minutes.
- Place the nonstick air fryer liner inside the fry basket.
- While the air fryer is preheating prepare the French Toast.
- In the same dish as you prepared the hand-whisked eggs, place approximately adds the Funfetti Creamer (coffee creamer section of the grocery store). *
- Whisk to combine and evenly distribute.
- Add in the optional Almond and Vanilla extract,.
- Simple dip the french toast into the mixture, then sprinkle with brown sugar about a tablespoon.
- Place in the preheated air fryer basket.
- Program the air fryer to 400°F and 10 minutes.
- At about 5 minutes, open and turn, and sprinkle this side of the French Toast with the brown sugar too.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, your bread should be crisp and the brown sugar crunchy.
- Remove from the air fryer, sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar, and optionally a few mini chocolate chips!
- Serve and enjoy.