Easy Almond Peach Danish – is a Danish (kinda) filled with almond-flavored cream cheese, fresh peaches, and a surprise pastry used to replace the traditional puff pastry used in danish recipes and the phyllo dough often used in cheese danishes, and instead, returns a very flaky, tender, buttery pastry, that is actually a heavyweight in its field for taking on filling of any sort!
So let’s get to this almond peach cream cheese danish pastry hack.
Why You’ll Love This Peach Almond Danish Pastry Hack
I am definitely NOT a pastry chef, but I am a little bit of each of you.
Just like you, I want to make and bake great desserts and sweets, but we are often short on time and don’t have the patience to craft up a difficult pastry for our sweet tooth filling pleasure.
Instead, I created a simple to make and delicious almond peach danish for my family and you will love this hack because you won’t need to run to the store for the pastry!
- It’s creamy, flaky and delicious
- You’ll use fresh fruit slices
- This peach braid with almond filling is easily transportable
- Easy to find ingredients
- Fast to make
- You can and should make this dessert in advance
Equipment Needed To Make A Peach Almond Danish Pastry
Don’t worry I am not going to get all fancy on you and add all these kitchen essentials you don’t need to have.
This recipe for the almond cream cheese peach danish braid is easy and uses things you have in your kitchen already!
- a Baking tray (I am partial to this one >> and you can get 20% off it will be the best tray you’ve ever baked with!
- a spatula
- parchment paper
- a knife
- a bowl
- a mixer (or you can mix this by hand using a spoon as well as a rubber scraper)
- an oven (or a mini toaster oven)
Ingredients For Your Almond Peach Danish
As you would expect, I’ve kept the ingredients simple to find and that is half the battle when you bake any dessert right?
- Cream Cheese
- White Sugar
- Almond Flavoring
- Vanilla Optional
- Egg Yolk + Water – Whisked
- Peaches rinsed and uniformly sliced (as best as you can)
- Prepared Pie Crust (or a homemade pie crust which you can grab the recipe here)
How To Make An Almond Peach Danish Fast
Now I’ll show you how to make the almond Danish cream filling as well as fill the danish pastry braid, and how to serve it!
Step 1: Fresh Peach Danish Filling Prep
Simply slice the pieache uniformly not thick, about .25″ or less thick and place them in a bowl, adding a sprinkle of sugar (or nothing at all).
Set the bowl aside momentarily.
Step 2: Prepare the Almond Cream Cheese Danish Fillingn
Using a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, almond and vanilla flavoring, egg and mix to combine until smooth.
Step 3: Prep the Pastry Hack
Simply unroll the pastry crust (or use the homemade pie crust) onto a smooth lightly floured surface
Using a rolling pin, form the dough into an oval-shape, rather than round as it is.
Once your pie crust is oval, place the rolling pin in the middle, to avoid overslicing what will be the braided slices, and cut about 1/3 of the way from the exterior to the rolling pin, repeating this on both sides, leaving the middle section to be filled.
The strips should be about 3/4″ to 1″ in thickness each as you will be braiding them to seal the almond and peach danish filling.
Step 4 – Filling the Pie Crust Danish
Simply take the prepared almond danish filling of the almond cream cheese filling.
Place that down the center, carefully avoiding all the places you cut.
Make sure to keep the filling right down the middle.
Then use your spoon to swirl and cover all the surface area in the middle.
Next, place the peach slices one by one, covering the danish almond cream from top to bottom with peaches.
Allow the peaches to overlap, no worries, because you will want to even place a few extra atop to cover gaps between the peaches.
Step 5: Braid The Almond Peach Danish Pastry
Last, it’s time to criss-cross the dough or ‘braid’ the Danish pastry dough with the almond peach filling.
Start at either end and begin with one piece, pulling from left to right across the filling.
Then use a piece from the other side, and continue this until you reach the other end.
Make sure to pinch off the ends so they don’t leak when baking!
Step 6: Shine Up The Danish Pastry Pie Crust
Crack one egg, and reserve the Yolk Only. Mix in 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk well.
Use the whisked egg yolk and water to brush across the top of the peaches and almond cream braided DANISH.
Then, place in the oven and bake at 375° until it is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
Allow cooling on the rack, for at least 30 minutes.
Step 7: Make the Braided Almond Peach Danish Presentation Great
Your last step after you’ve cooled your peach almond filled Danish pastry is to top it off with a beautiful dusting of confectionery sguar not overdone just enough to make it stand out!
What To Pair With Your Peach Almond Danish Pastry?
Really what you pair with this pastry is truly going to depend on when you serve it and to whom.
So if we are having brunch, I serve any of my favorite cocktails with it, such as Peach margaritas, or my Pretty Purple Pansy Gin Cocktail .
If you are serving this for dessert I would highly suggest using a simple homemade ice cream such as strawberry amaretto, or mint chocolate chip, or even churro flavored ice cream.
Naturally with any recipe you will find so many different variations and in this case you have a lot of options!
- color the cream cheese to match a holiday
- use puff pastry instead of pie crust
- or you could use phyllo dough instead of the pie crust
- you can roll this like a strudle instead of criss-crossing it
- ice it instead of adding powdered sugar
- add sprinkles when you use the egg wash across the top
- change the fruit
- don’t use almond flavoring try something else
- peel the peaches instead of not peeling them
- cook the peaches ahead of time (see the recipe section for directions)
How To Store The Peach Almond Danish
Since this recipe makes 2 Almond Peach Danishes, you’ll need to know how to store and keep the dessert fresh.
Best Way To Store the Almond Peach Danish
Refrigerate leftovers, this is a cream cheese and egg filling.
How Long Will The Peach Almond Danish Last?
When stored in the refrigerator you can keep this up to 3 days, not longer.
Can I Freeze the Almond Filling Peach Danish?
Yes! In a freezer safe bag or container for up to 6 months.
Other Peach Recipes You’ll Love
- Peach Pie With Crumb Topping
- Peach and Blueberry Pie
- Peach Margaritas
- Peach Burgers
- Shrimp and Peach Salad
When To Make Almond Peach Danish Loaves?
You’ll be able to make the peach bread with almond filling any time of the year but if you want a few solid suggestions as to great times to serve it here you go!
- in prime peach season to use them in bulk
- birthday dessert extras
- as a take along to any Picnic or BBQ
- graduation parties
- Fourth of July
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Anytime you need an easy and fast dessert
Make Sure To Come Back And Tell Me How Your Almond Peach Danish Pastry Hack Turned Out
Grab the recipe here!
Almond Peach Danish
Fresh peaches and a 1 easy pastry hack, make this almond peach danish super easy and bursting with flavor.
Make this almond peach danish in minutes. A beginner's dessert with the look of a pro-baker!
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 8 OZ Cream Cheese Cube - the whole thing, softened.
- 1/2 C White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 2 teaspoons of Almond Flavoring (extract is fine)
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Optional
- DANISH FRUIT PREP
- 8 Large peaches rinsed and uniformly sliced (as best as you can)
- Large Bowl
- 1/4 C Sugar
- DANISH PASTRY CRUST HACK
- 2 Prepared Pie Crust -- The Hack
- Egg Yolk (1) + 1 Tbsp Water - Whisked
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Cream Cheese Filling
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the cream cheese filling.
- Blend until smooth.
- Set aside and begin working on Fruit.
- Simply take the peach slices (skin on) and place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Set aside.
- Next, work on the pie dough
PIE DOUGH PREPARATION
- Unroll the pie crust from the packaging.
- On a smooth surface, roll out the dough.
- Using a rolling pin, form the dough more into a really large oval.
- On the exterior of each side, slice into the crust about 1/3 of the way to the middle. (I leave my rolling pin in the middle so I don't overcut the slices!
- Make sure to keep strips at about 3/4" to 1" intervals. You will be overlapping these across the filling once you spread the cream cheese filling down the middle.
- Repeat this process on the opposite side, so each side has the slits cut to use for braiding.
- Use the Video to help guide you with this process.
- Now, that the slits are cut on each side, the uncut center is where you will focus.
FILLING the Danish
- Take the prepared danish filling and use about 3 large tablespoons of the almond cream cheese filling.
- Place that down the center, carefully avoiding all the places you cut. Stay right down the middle. It's easy.
- Then use your spoon to swirl and cover all the surface area in the middle.
- Next, place the peaches one by one from the bowl, and cover the almond cream from top to bottom with peaches.
- Allow them to overlap, or place a few extra atop to cover gaps!
Braid The Danish
- Last, it's time to criss-cross the dough.
- Start at either end and begin with one piece, pulling from left to right across the filling.
- Then use a piece from the other side, and continue this until you reach the other end.
- Make sure to pinch off the ends so they don't leak when baking!
- BRUSH THE TOP OF THE CRUST BEFORE BAKING
- Crack one egg, and reserve the Yolk Only. Mix in 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk well.
- Use the whisked egg yolk and water to brush across the top of the peaches and almond cream braided DANISH.
- Then, place in the oven and bake at 375° until it is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Allow cooling on the rack, for at least 30 minutes.
Confectioners Sugar when Done Baking and Cooled
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- This is just the right amount of crunchy with a mesh of fruit pleasure!
- Sure to delight anyone that tastes it. Doesn't it look yummy? Enjoy!
If you want to COOK your peaches before placing them in the peach almond Danish here are the quick how-to directions.
Now you have the easiest ever Danish pastry hack and you can make it over and over again, using any fruits that you desire and I can’t wait to hear from you with all the different fillings you used! ~ DANA XO
Leave a Reply