The new year, new you thing always is an excuse for me to toss in a few more recipes into our unending repertoire of delicious for you recipes we dine on at Casa Vento. The key to filling up on a meal is not a number of carbs you shove in but rather the veggies that you can offer to those carbs to bulk them up.
Veggies are a wonderful way to really balsam up a dish of pasta, and a key ingredient to being able to enjoy your carbs but load up on vitamins, nutrients, and plenty of fiber. The Avocado and Cherry Tomato Pasta recipe I have created is a great way to enjoy fewer carbs, more veggies, and tastes that sing together. The hardest part of preparation for this simple recipe is boiling the pasta. Get ready to rinse, peel, chop and boil and then do the happy foodie dance because it’s time to lavishly prepare my avocado and cherry tomato with feta pasta recipe!
Avocado and Cherry Tomato With Feta Pasta
Express yourself with this pasta and choose the cut of your choice, and make sure you either choose a High Fiber Pasta or a Whole Wheat Pasta to really make it healthy. Now that you have chosen your favorite carb it is time to carve up and serve up pasta with style.
Print The Recipe Here
Avocado and Cherry Tomato Pasta
- 1 Box Of Pasta
- 1 Avocado ripe, but not mushy
- 1 Pint of Grape/cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp of Minced Garlic
- 1 TBSP of Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP of Feta
- Fresh Milled Pepper
- Boil Pasta and drain.
- Peel Avocado, slice into pieces
- Rinse and dry grape/cherry tomatoes
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together one cup of pasta, avocado, and 12 grape tomatoes.
- Add in olive oil, garlic, pepper and feta cheese.
- Reserve Leftover Pasta in an airtight container, and repeat steps to make a bowl for another day.
- A few things I have learned is that my youngest son can not dine on Avocados because they are a latex food, one that he must avoid, so do be warned if you have latex allergies this is one recipe to avoid.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil tastes best.
- Feta is great as is Gorgonzola, it depends on what you want to taste.
- Pine Nuts are great through this.
- Shortcuts of pasta fare better in this recipe as long does not work well with slices of veggies and tomatoes. (IMO)
- Keep the pasta, Al Dente.
- A slightly firmer avocado tastes better against the soft texture of pasta.
- Cherry and Grape Tomatoes can be interchanged with ease on this recipe, so stress not.
- The cutting board you see is the one I bragged about here!
Lavishly live food out loud and indulge in a wonderful meal good for tailgating, football parties, birthday parties, dinner, lunch, or any party as it is bright, colorful and tasty. Avocado and Cherry Tomato With Feta Pasta is an easy to make recipe. ~ Dana