The other night, my daughter and I came racing into the house famished and what I did amazed her. My kitchen adventure this fine night led us to the vegetable drawers in the refrigerator, where I found my lead Ingredients: Avocados and Arugula.
I love food combinations that make the tongue swish, swosh and hanker for more and I am all about putting my mouth into overdrive every time I create a meal which is key to curating recipes. What’s swanky about eating Avocados & Arugula?
Arugula and Avocados are majestic Low Carb, High-Fat foods that fit well into the LCHF lifestyle, vegetarian realm. Now, if you add a few key ingredients to the Avocados and Arugula that will tone and polish the flavor you are about to experience such as Parmesan Shavings, you will send your mouth into overdrive. Tonight, lavishly live food out loud as we did a few nights ago and send your taste buds flapping with Arugula Avocado Salad With Parmesan Shavings.
Arugula Avocado Salad With Parmesan Shavings
There is nothing like a bowl of fresh leafy greens, but when you can make the flavor soar from the Arugula while dancing across your palate and enjoying something like avocado slices and Parmesan you might possibly of one of the best-tasting combos out there! I do believe the item that makes the whole blend come together is the Hot Sauce against the avocado.
2 Cups Arugula, rinsed, dried and ripped
2 Tbsp Freshly shaved Parmesan
1 Avocado – peeled and cubed
1-2 Tbsp Franks Red Hot Sauce
2 Tbsp EVOO
Fresh Milled Pepper & Sea Salt
Arugula should be in bite-size pieces and placed in bowl.
The avocado should be peeled, and cubed.
Sprinkle parmesan shavings across the top of the salad.
Add on Franks Hot Sauce
Add S& P
A few things you need to know that really do make a difference in how this easy-to-prepare recipe will turn out.
- I use an ‘almost’ ripe avocado, so it is a bit more firm because I like the crunch against the Arugula. Softer texture seems to get lost in the bed of greens.
- Sea Salt intensifies the taste, but remember, only a dash because the Frank’s Hot Sauce is already laden with sodium
- Frank’s Hot Sauce is available in many different heat volumes, so pick the one that works with your sensory glands, lol. You can add more or less as needed.
- Parmesan Shavings can be bought at Trader Joe’s in the cheese section of the dairy. You can also flake your own off of a cube of Parmesan you buy. The key to a good chard, is thinner, longer pieces, the size of thumbnails.
- Freshly Milled Pepper tastes so much better on this than regular pepper, but you can use pepper that is already processed.
Other Possible Mix-Ins
IF you are in the mood to add a few things in, as if you want PROTEIN try the following:
-A marinated lemon chicken breast
-Mini Salad Shrimps
Each of these will increase the protein and make a much more FILLING salad.
PRINT RECIPE HERE
This is a very great looking salad when dished out, and presented. You will find that the Al Fresco Dining style pairs lovely with the plated dishes. The look is very intense, bold and crisp. You will experience a bold taste that will keep your pearly whites coming back for more as you lavishly live food out loud with this amazing Arugula Avocado Salad With Parmesan Shavings.