I have had an obsession with pressure cookers since I can’t remember when. In fact, I believe the very thought of how possibly dangerous they can be, is what first intrigued me to investigate them. I have used stove pressure cookers, electric pressure cookers and then the pressure cooker delivered from the cooking angels above…. The Instant Pot. Honestly, I have never found an appliance to be as useful, easy and safe to use as this electric pressure cooker that makes traditional electric pressure cookers and stove-top pressure cookers a thing of the past! Pressure cooking really brings out the best in all foods cooked within the appliance.
Ham may be a seasonal item in your home due to the labor involved, but I have created the Best Instant Pot Honey Glaze Ham that has so few ingredients you won’t believe it and the ham is prepared to perfection in Under 7 minutes! Are you ready for the Best Instant Pot Honey Glaze Ham ever so you can lavishly live food out loud?
Best Instant Pot Honey Glaze Ham
Remember my recipes are never hard to prepare because I believe that the lavish side of food preparation is all about getting it done right, just not spending tons of time in preparation. I like to spend time with my family and guests and this recipe will have you doing the minimum amount of work while preparing food that is amazing.
Are you ready? No more oven time, just get that Instant Pot and let’s cook!
1 Boneless Quarter of Ham – Fully Cooked 6-7 Pounds
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
1/2 C of Honey
1 Tsp Ground Cloves
4 Tbsp Pineapple Tidbits With Juice (whatever juice you scoop out when you take each TBSP)
1 Cup of WaterCreate a Foil Sling – See end of post for How To Create a Sling.
Prepare Instant Pot for Ham by placing 1 Cup of Water in the bowl
Place Wire Rack On Top Of Water
Place Sling On Top Of Rack
For The Ham
On A Cutting Board, Slice Ham Evenly
Place evenly sliced ham inside of a foil package that you construct
Place Brown Sugar evenly across the top of the ham
Drizzle the honey across the brown sugar
Sprinkle with Clove
Add the Pineapple tidbits
Close the foil packet
Place Lid On Instant Pot
Select 10 Minutes
When the time is done, press cancel and use Quick Release to the steam
Open the Instant Pot
Bring the ham out of the Instant Pot via the Foil Sling
Place Ham In Dish with a bit of depth
Open Foil Packet
Transfer Ham to a serving tray
Serve warm and store leftovers in refrigerator
Slice the ham BEFORE you put it in the foil, it makes for easy serving preparation. You can increase or decrease the sugar and the honey to make it more YOUR recipe, there is really no right or wrong. Release the foil as soon as you can in order to let the Glaze set up. Watch you do not get burned when you open the foil.
Electric PRESSURE COOKERS VARY with cooking time, so what took me 7 minutes to achieve may take you up to 11 minutes.
More Instant Pot Inspiration?
- 1 Boneless Quarter of Ham - Fully Cooked 6-7 Pounds
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C of Honey
- 1 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 4 Tbsp Pineapple Tidbits With Juice (whatever juice you scoop out when you take each TBSP)
- 1 Cup of Water
- Create a Foil Sling - See end of post for How To
- Prepare Instant Pot for Ham by placing 1 Cup of Water in the bowl
- Place Wire Rack On Top Of Water
- Place Sling On Top Of Rack
- On A Cutting Board, Slice Ham Evenly
- Place evenly sliced ham inside of a foil package that you construct
- Place Brown Sugar evenly across the top of the ham
- Drizzle the honey across the brown sugar
- Sprinkle with Clove
- Add the Pineapple tidbits
- Close the foil packet
- Place Lid On Instant Pot
- Press Manual
- Select 7 Minutes
- When the time is done, press cancel and use Quick Release to the steam
- Open the Instant Pot
- Bring the ham out of the Instant Pot via the Foil Sling
- Place Ham In Dish with a bit of depth
- Open Foil Packet
- Transfer Ham to a serving tray
- Serve warm and store leftovers in refrigerator