Why settle for restaurant-like fried rice with shrimp when you can prepare it better than restaurant shrimp fried rice?
Don’t waste leftover shrimp from parties and holidays and all of the surplus veggies, frozen or fresh; instead, make our simple fried rice and shrimp to use up the ingredients and save yourself a bill from Chinese takeout with our simple and craveable recipe!
Now, let’s make a straightforward version of fried rice and shrimp healthier and tastier with much less sodium than its restaurant counterparts and let’s save you money because you are making a pantry and freezer cleanout recipe that uses up all those extras you have inside of them to create a delicious meal!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love Restaurant-Like Fried Rice With Shrimp
You will love this recipe for so many reasons, but the key reason, in our opinion, is that it is made with far less sodium-filled ingredients and far more natural!
- Your prep time on the fried rice and shrimp is only 15 minutes
- The cooking time for shrimp and fried rice is 8 minutes maximum.
- Efficiently serve four portions from this shrimp and rice meal.
- The Chinese shrimp fried rice costs pennies to make and saves money from going out
- You’ll add less sodium to your recipe than the take-out Chinese shrimp and fried rice
- Easy shrimp fried rice recipe Chinese ingredients are easy to find
- You can and should make this ahead
- the shrimp fried rice restaurant style is easily transportable once prepared
Better Than Restaurant Shrimp Fried Rice Ingredients
- unsalted butter
- Sea salt and black pepper
- frozen shrimp
- frozen peas
- white onion
- green onions
- fresh ginger
- garlic powder
- cooked rice
- toasted sesame oil
- tamari or coconut aminos
Pro Prep Time-Saving Tip for Your Restaurant-Like Fried Rice With Shrimp
If possible, use 2/3 c. frozen peas and carrot blend and use fully cooked, peeled, deveined, tail-off shrimp! And for those who want the shrimp fried rice restaurant-style dish to look like it was prepared in a restaurant,, add the optional garnish of sliced green onions atop the plates.
How To Make Better Than Restaurant Shrimp Fried Rice
You will not believe how easy it is to make this delicious recipe with shrimp and rice in a skillet on your stove!
Step 1: Shrimp And Fried Rice Skillet Prep
Add butter to a large skillet or wok set over medium-high heat
Then you will add in the eggs and cook while stirring and chopping with a spatula until fully cooked for approximately 2 minutes.
Next transfer eggs to a bowl and set aside.
Step 2: Prep Shrimp
First, add a second tablespoon of butter to the pan.
Then add shrimp and cook, constantly stirring, for 1 minute.
Now, transfer the shrimp to the bowl with the eggs. (Shrimp will not be fully cooked at this point).
Step 3: Vegetable Prep For The Fried Rice and Shrimp
Now it’s time to add the remaining butter to the pan, along with the peas, carrots, onion, and white portion of green onions.
Follow this with fresh ginger and garlic powder.
Make sure to stir to combine and cook until vegetables are crisp and tender approximately 2-3 minutes.
Step 4: Combining The Meal Pieces Together
Add rice, sesame oil, tamari, and green part of onions to the pan and stir to combine.
Return shrimp and eggs to skillet and cook, stirring continually, until heated through and all ingredients are thoroughly combined approximately 1-2 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve immediately, topped with additional sliced green onion, if desired. Enjoy!
Alternative Ingredients For Your Shrimp + Fried Rice
- use pork instead of shrimp
- use beef instead of shrimp
- you can use lobster or salmon instead of shrimp as well
- use shallots instead of basic onion
- use chives instead of green onions
- use a vegetable broth instead of butter with a dash of olive oil
The Recipe For better than restaurant shrimp fried rice
- 3 T. unsalted butter, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¾ lbs. frozen shrimp, thawed and chopped
- 1/3 c. frozen peas
- 1/3 c. carrots, finely diced
- 3 T. white onion, finely diced
- 2 large green onions, divided, sliced
- 2 t. fresh ginger, finely minced
- ¾ t. garlic powder
- 4 c. cooked rice, chilled
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- 3 T. tamari or coconut aminos
- Optional garnish: Additional sliced green onion
- Add one tablespoon of butter to a large skillet or wok set over medium-high heat.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring and chopping with a spatula, until cooked for approximately 2 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to a bowl and set aside.
- Add a second tablespoon of butter to the pan. Add shrimp and cook, constantly stirring, for 1 minute.
- Transfer the shrimp to the bowl with the eggs. (Shrimp will not be fully cooked at this point).
- Add the remaining butter to the pan, along with the peas, carrots, onion, and white portion of green onions.
- Add fresh ginger and garlic powder. Stir to combine and cook until vegetables are crisp and tender approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice, sesame oil, tamari, and green part of onions to the pan and stir to combine.
- Return shrimp and eggs to skillet and cook, stirring continually, until heated through and all ingredients are thoroughly combined approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, topped with additional sliced green onion, if desired.
Make sure to read the blog post for 2 time-saving tips that will definitely be beneficial to anyone pressed for food prep and it also makes sense for food safety reasons
You can substitute any rice that you have on hand: brown, jasmine, etc. Clean out Your pantry.