Our cherry Christmas Amaretto Cocktail is dedicated to the overworked ladies (Ms. and Mrs. Claus’ ) who are always standing behind Mr. Claus and picking up the pieces. Cheers, girls, this cherry Prosecco amaretto cocktail is for you!
Sip it, sister, because you will love the sweet yet tart flavor of this amaretto cherry cocktail with cranberries!
You’ve found a simple cocktail that doesn’t take much effort to get the drink maker, and it is satisfying from start to finish!
To keep cheery (cherry), sip a few of these during the day and always keep a smile on your face, and you’ll understand why we refer to this as Cherry Amaretto Jingle Juice; you will be hitting all the high notes!
The holiday cherry Christmas amaretto cocktail is sweet and tart, kind of like all the days leading up to the big day, right?
Now, as we all know, the holidays are ‘stressors,’ and every Mrs. Claus out there tries to be so patient and tolerant of all Mr. Claus out there and the holiday chaos, but sometimes…. we need a sipper that can take the edge off and we’ve got you covered.
The Cherry Prosecco Amaretto Cocktail Is Holiday Perfect Because…
Remember, every couple has to get through the season of holly and jolly together, and this might just make you a bit merrier!
- You can make the amaretto jingle juice by the pitcher, and you should
- the cherry amaretto cocktail can be transported to any party you head to
- The nutty taste of Amaretto is best complimented with fresh citrus.
- The Cherry and Amaretto drink nicely rounds out the color of the season and gets a little ‘cherry’
- The ingredients for the cherry and amaretto cocktail are easy to find
- the taste of the amaretto cocktail with cherry is quite tasty
- Cherry juice and red cranberries add to the intensely festive colors of the glass
- The sweetness comes from the lovely maraschino cherry juice, but it can also come from the cherry juice (more here)
- I’ll share a crazy little college trick that does amp up the taste (HERE)
- there is nothing complicated about this holiday cocktail with amaretto liqueur and cherries!
Hey, it’s not a chick drink, and you will be making a pitcher so that you can share with Mr. Claus, and it might just make him a bit more jolly too!
This amaretto jingle juice combination accents the nuttiness of the amaretto and the fresh citrus flavor of the islands (where most of us would prefer to be during the holiday chaos!)
Whether you are Mr. and Mrs. Claus or partners in life, let this spirited cherry Chrismas amaretto cocktail will keep you merry and cherry!
Bar Essentials To Whip Up A 32 Ounce Pitcher
- cutting board
- can opener
Ingredients For The Amaretto Cherry Holiday Cocktail
Below are the ingredients we use in our amaretto jingle juice, and I’ll also share another way to turn this amaretto and cherry cocktail up a bit further down in the post!
- rinsed cranberries
- Cherry Juice
- Pineapple Juice
- Lemon Juice
- Maraschino Cherries*
- Almond Extract (optional)
- Lemon Wedges Optional (READ MORE HERE)
*Our addition of almond extract to this cherry amaretto cocktail truly brings out the nutty flavor of the amaretto, and the aroma pops!
How To Make The Amaretto Cherry Holiday Cocktail
Just like Santa Claus, this drink is, “Go big or go home,” and you’ll find that the recipe shared today will make TWO 32-ounce pitchers, but you can easily adjust the recipe.
Step 1: Prep Your Pitcher
First, you’ll add ice to the pitcher and then add in a portion of the cranberries.
Step 2: Bring On The Alcohol For The Cherry And Amaretto Cocktail
Now it’s time to add in Prosecco slowly, as it will foam.
Then you’ll introduce the lemon slices into the Prosecco, followed by the Amaretto.
Follow that with Pineapple juice, almond extract, and lemon juice.
Last, add Maraschino juice. Stir the pitcher well.
Step 3: How To Glass and Serve The Cherry Amaretto Jingle Juice Cocktail
Allow the beverage to rest for 5 minutes while you prepare the glasses for serving.
Use either a stem or stemless glass filled with 1/4 c of ice each.
For anyone following my trick that follows below, you’ll add those lemons in this step.
And you can add the sugared cranberries on the top (if you are following the pro tip for those below as well)
If you are not adding in the sugared cranberries, just pop a few unsugared cranberries in for floating holiday color.
Fill the beverage to about 1/4 before the rim. Serve. Sip. Repeat. Enjoy. ~ Dana XO
Obviously, you’ll want to add ice and repeat this for each 32-ounce pitcher.
If you have soaked the lemons, you have two choices, toss them into the pitchers (dividing between each 32-ounce pitcher) or place a slice in each glass below the ice or above the ice in the individual glass.
The Suck It Up PRO TIP For Cherry Christmas Amaretto Cocktail
Ok, girls, do you remember college life? What was in the drinks you loved the most? Did you say, “the fruit?”
The reality is, it wasn’t just fruit; it was fruit soaked in alcohol, so no matter if it was sweet or sour, it kept on kicking in a little extra to your drink, right?
- Slice the lemons a day ahead, and soak them in 1/4 cup of amaretto in a sealed container
- Decrease the amaretto amount in the recipe by 1/4 cup and just dump that in the recipe instead
- Congratulations, the lemons are perfect for adding to each glass on the bottom below the ice!
Holiday Sipping Tips For A Cherry Prosecco Amaretto Cocktail
Now here are some suggested alcohol-sipping tips to keep you cheery without issues.
- Always have a designated driver as well as a couch nearby.
- One is never enough, as cheer is delivered by the glass, but we forget that we drank more than one.
- However, let one amaretto jingle juice hit you before you move on to the next.
- These little libations go down the hatch quickly, so watch, or your feet will fly like Santa’s Sleigh, and you’ll be on your ass if you drink them too fast!
- You can get fairly drunk, fairly easily, after drinking these too fast; they go down smoothly!
- You should be of legal drinking age to consume these, and remember that friends don’t let friends drive drunk.
Cheers to Sipping On A Festive Cherry Prosecco Amaretto Cocktail
At the helm of your own North Pole, you (a.k.a. Mrs. Claus maintain the background noise!)
Your days are long, and you have to deal with those little elves all day long and your own to-do list. Instead of grimacing and frowning, just whip up a festive batch of these delicious cocktails.
Merry Christmas! Cheers, Dana XO
Make Sure To Come Back And Tell us How You Liked the Cherry Christmas Amaretto Cocktail.
Make sure to print the recipe out below; it’s fast and easy and sure to take the holiday weight off of your shoulders (ha, after a few of these, you’ll be on the couch and become weightless, lol!)
Here’s The Cherry Christmas Amaretto Cocktail Recipe – Cheers!
Cherry Christmas Amaretto Cocktail
The drink every Mrs. Claus out there needs. The jingle juice is both sweet and tart and a step above the typical amaretto sour. Do note that a few of these in a cocktail glass, and you won't care what chores you have left!
Simple ingredients create a swirling festive presentation that tastes as good as it looks.
Reduce the recipe if you prefer a small batch, or make it ahead and serve it to a larger crowd.
Celebrate the season. Cheers
- 64 oz pitcher or 2-32 oz pitchers.
- 1 cup of fresh rinsed cranberries
- 1 bottle of Prosecco open (750 ml),
- 2 1/2 Cups of Amaretto
- 24 Oz of Cherry Juice (I used Trader Joe's brand but you can use any)
- 16 Oz fresh pineapple juice (from cans)
- 2 Tbsp almond extract (optional)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons (or more) of Maraschino cherry juice
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Add ice to 64 oz pitcher filling it 1/4 full.
- then add 1 C cranberries (reserve the rest)
- Add in Prosecco slowly, as it will foam.
- Introduce the lemon slices into the Prosecco and then the Amaretto.
- Follow that with Pineapple juice, almond extract, and lemon juice.
- Last, add Maraschino juice.
- Stir the pitcher well.
- Allow the beverage to rest for 5 minutes while you prepare the glasses for serving.
- Stem or stemless glasses with 1/4 ice each.
- If you are using soaked lemon slices (as discussed in the post, place those atop or below the ice)
- For those adding sugared cranberries, you do that at the top and end of the pour.
- If you are using unsugared cranberries just for floating color, add about eight or so to each glass.
- Fill the beverage to about 1/4 before the rim.
- Enjoy. ~ Dana XO
I ♥ Trader Joe's Cherry Juice & Pineapple Juice (by the can).
Almond Extract is optional but highly recommended.
Maraschino juice is non-negotiable (steal a cherry too while you are in the jar!).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 747Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 97gFiber: 2gSugar: 87gProtein: 1g
nutritional content may be inaccurate
Leave a Reply