Churro Brownie Bars ~ fudge loaded brownies, with swirled cinnamon sugar flavor, topped with more churro crumbles and easily cut into bars, perfect for any Mexican party, Taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo, or whenever you want a really chocolate-loaded, savory brownie bite!Jump to Recipe
Why You’ll Love Churro Brownie Bars
- Truly indulgent chocolate bite after bite
- Churro flavor is throughout the entire bar swirled and on top
- You can and should make these in advance
- Cut them smaller or bigger as you desire
- Easy to find ingredients
- Adults love these with margaritas
- Easily transportable dessert
- Perfect for Cinco De Mayo, or any other fiesta, party, graduation, and picnic
Equipment Needed to Make Churro Bars
- Mixing bowl
- Separate Mixing Bowl
- 9×13″ baking pan (nonstick is best)
- Mixing spoon or mixer
- Measuring cup
Ingredients for Your Churro Brownie Bars
You’ll find that these simple ingredients combine to make a fabulously rich and flavorful Mexican-inspired dessert that you can enjoy any night of the week, for Taco Tuesday or any party or fiesta that you are having or might go to!
- 1 Package of Brownie Mix (made per instructions on the box)
- My Recipe for Churro Crumbs (about 4 ingredients small!)
I’ll also add that recipe for Churro Crumbs at the bottom so you will have both recipes in one place
Step 1 To Prep For The Churro Chocolate Dessert
First, you will preheat the oven.
Step 2: Make The Churro Bars
In this step, you will be preparing the churro dessert but you will start by making your choice of brownie batter via the directions on the box or per your favorite from-scratch recipe.
I prefer the shortcut for this and I used boxed brownies making it really easy to create this dessert!
Step 3: Make The Churro Crumbs
Step 4: Swirl In The Crumbs Into The Churro Bars Batter
You’ll place the batter for the bars into the baking pan and make sure it is spread evenly.
Then you will take 1/2 of the crumb mix that you made, in the previous step and add it to the batter swirling it.
Step 5: Add The Top Crumbs to The Churro Dessert
Finally, you will use the remaining crumb mixture that you prepared and sprinkle it across the top of the bars.
Ste 6: Bake Your Churro Bars
Bake your bars, until the toothpick comes out clean, then allow them to cool.
Cut then serve and enjoy!
What To Serve with Your Churro Bars
These are super easy to pair after all they are chocolate with a sugar and cinnamon swirl on top and inside so what would you pair with this if you are serving other desserts?
Dessert Ideas to Pair
I love serving homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream with it, and my under 5 ingredient recipe is easy to follow and can be made and eaten on the same day.
When I hear the words cinnamon and sugar, my mind goes right to cocktails as aside. So what if you made any kind of margarita?
Or maybe you want to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee or even a cappuccino?
An even liqueur such as amarette? Or a shot of Tequila?
Popular Substitutions and Additions
Here are a few ways that you can change the recipe and by no means are these the only changes you can make.
The recipe is just a springboard to give you a boost for a simple recipe but you can change it up as much as you want!
- You could make butterscotch blondies instead using my recipe and then add in the same churro crumb swirl and topping
- Use Butterscotch chips in the brownie to add more flavor
- Add brewed coffee to the brownie mixture before baking for a bolster in flavor
- Use colorful sprinkles to add even more color
- Drizzle with meltable chocolates in fun colors to make them really festive looking
How To Reheat and Store Your Churro Brownie Bars
On the chance that you have leftover sweet treats from your party here is how to store and freshen them!
The Best Way To Store Churro Bars Leftover
I always use a cake pedestal dish with a cover for 1-2 day old bars.
But if you are going to have these left for longer you would want to consider an airtight container.
If you were to put these in an airtight container on the first day they would get way too moist and soft because they do cool long after you cut them.
Can I Freeze the Churro Dessert Bars?
Yes, you can freeze them, but I do prefer to freeze them either in a plastic zippered bag or an airtight container and not for more than 6 months.
How To Reheat Churro Bars?
If you need to reheat these for any reason I would do such in 5-second increments in the microwave and not much over 15 seconds depending on the size of the brownie cut.
Churro Bar FAQs
Can I Use Blondies Instead of Chocolate Brownies?
Yes you can and if you want a great recipe try this one for Blondies
Can I add Sprinkles to the top of the Churrow Brownie Bars?
Yes! Add in a pop of color with sprinkles or even use fun colored picks with poms as I did!
Other Mexican-Inspired Recipes You Will Love
- Arroz Verde ~ the Mexican Green rice that can be a side or an entree!
- Peach Margaritas ~ a game-changer Margarita for anyone who loves fresh peaches!
- Apple Cider Margaritas ~ a Fall gem of a recipe for sipping by the fire pit
- Margarita ~ Pear margaritas that are full of flavor and pureed pears!
- Fiesta Donuts
- Churro Ice Cream
Make Sure You Come Back and Tell Me How Your Churro Brownie Bars Turned Out!
Here is the recipe!
Churro Brownie Bars
- 1 Box Chocolate Brownies (18.4 oz)
- 1 churro crumb recipe
- Preheat your oven according to boxed brownie directions
- Prepare Your brownies according to the ingredients and directives on the brownie packaging
- Place mixed brownies into the baking tray
- Make the Churro Crumbs per my provided recipe
- Add 1/2 of the churro crumbs to the brownies by swirling them throughout the mixture.
- add the other 1/2 of the churro crumbs atop the brownie mixture
- bake for 30 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean in the center
- allow brownies to cool and set for at least 2 hours before serving