Every day seems to get crazier and crazier and the more harried I get the more I dig into my recipe box from my Italian Grandmother. Growing up Italian, and spending time with my Grandma Santa I learned a lot of great cooking secrets.
One of her specialties was chicken and she did not do a lot to the chicken but she sure knew how to make it delicious. Often the most simple recipes yield the best taste, but it is also true that a recipe is only as good as the ingredients you use.
I have found that a Meyer Lemon will create a nicer flavor throughout a baked dish such as this easy baked lemon chicken recipe than those tart store lemons that you can buy anywhere.
Gather your ingredients, your baking pans, your spices and of course your fresh Meyer lemons as it is time to lavishly live an easy baked lemon chicken recipe out loud. Watch my video below for the step by step and make sure to print out the recipe and bookmark my page!
The Video With Easy Baked Lemon Chicken
Grab your lemons that are Meyer Lemons as long as they say Frieda’s Produce you know they are good! First here is how you make the Easy Baked Lemon Chicken Recipe, in a step-by-step video, that will help you make and visualize. You can’t believe how easy this recipe is, so watch it and make sure to subscribe to my YouTube Station!
Easy Baked Lemon Chicken Recipe- printable version
- 2 Meyer Lemons
- 1 Tsp Fresh Milled Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Of Garlic Salt
- 3 Tbsp Of Italian Seasoning basil, oregano, parsley premixed
- 1/4 EVOO
- 12 Pieces of Chicken thighs, legs, etc
- 2 Tsp of Fresh Minced Garlic optional
- Baking Dish
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray
- Prepare a piece of foil to cover pan
- In a large bowl mix chicken, olive oil, garlic salt, italian spice, minced garlic, olive oil and freshly squeezed lemons.
- Mix well to coat all pieces evenly
- Place in shallow baking pan, and add in the lemon pieces as well
- Bake 45 minutes to an hour until thoroughly cooked.
- If you like, remove foil at about 30 minutes and allow to brown or transfer to a broiler pan and crisp up. This is all based on preference.
- Serve warm and of course refrigerate any leftovers.
Skin Side up when cooking, makes it easier to brown and cook thoroughly.
You can take each piece out and broil it to make the skin crisp.
Garlic is optional, but it really offers a nice taste.
Do not introduce Onion into this as it will not offer the same taste. Garlic is what brings on the flavor.
Do cook the lemon pieces with the chicken, do not eat them, dispose of once cooked.
Remember to refrigerate ANY uneaten chicken.
This recipe will bring a smile to anyone that you introduce it to and it is so easy to make, I bet you start making it over and over. The chicken pieces are interchangeable and there is no right or wrong part of the chicken to use for this recipe as they all turn out perfect. Bake up a batch of my Butter Babies to accompany this, or a side of Hatch Chili’s, even some of my Arugula Recipes or Godzilla fungus, and you then you have a completely Authentic Italian Meal. Lavishly live food out loud and enjoy this easy baked lemon chicken recipe. ~ DANA
Yes this is a sponsored post, but the recipes, images and thoughts are ALL My own, cause I know my way around the kitchen!