Oh the mystique of a small golf ball-sized potato, who would know that these little Butter Babies™ potatoes I am about to share with you would offer such a inspiring buttery taste without doing anything to them other than baking.
When you overthink food, and you add to many ingredients you take away from its subsistence. I am all about lavish tastes without altering the star ingredient beyond recognition, natural is nice.
The Butter Babies™ recipe is all about enjoying a simple potato that offers a buttery flavor without adding the butter so you can lavishly live food out loud without the cholesterol from butter!
These little gems are perfect for every and any holiday, party, celebration or even weeknight dinner, the key is to not over-process!
Get those fingers ripping foil or parchment paper, line up those baking sheets, and let your trigger finger go crazy with the the non-stick spray it’s time to get buttery and create Roasted Butter Babies™ with Roasted Peppers. Lavishly live the ultimate in easy to create recipes out loud!
Roasted Butter Babies™ with Roasted Peppers
Gather Your Ingredients
Here’s Your Directions
What Should I serve these with?
Where do you find Frieda’s Butter Babies™ Potatoes? Butter Babies™? In my case, in the good old burgh they are available at Giant Eagle and Market District, but if you want to find out if you have them in a store near you, just use this butter baby locator! Find Me Butter Babies™. Let me tell you I can not believe Pittsburgh is one of the markets that has it available, we are usually the last for any good thing, lol!
- 1 1/2 Pounds of Butter Baby Potatoes (wash,dried, halved)
- 1 Tsp of Mediterranean Coarsely ground salt
- Freshly Milled Pepper
- 1/2 of a Meyer Lemon(roll lemon on counter to open the citrus inside and get juices moving)
- 1/2 C of Roasted Red Pepper(store bought or homemade but in strips)
- Olive Oil Non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line cookie tray with parchment or foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray
- Line Butter Baby potato halves on tray and spray with nonstick spray
- Spread 1/2 tsp(of full teaspoon) Salt across all the Potatoes(it's not necessary to cover them all)
- Spread Freshly Milled Pepper across, again not ever potato needs coated
- Bake Until Golden Brown on bottoms and skin is a light shriveled look About 35 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to a 'warm' about 5 minutes(you need them warm)
- Place in a bowl, dash with remaining salt and a small spritz of pepper, and fresh lemon.
- The trick to the lemon is halving it, and using tines of fork to press against the inner citrus to release the juice. Do not saturate, mix well and the Butter Baby Potatoes will absorb the lemon.
- Add in the Roasted Red Peppers & serve warm.
Roasted Butter Babies™ with Roasted Peppers can be made a few different ways, but I will let you determine how much effort to put into the recipe. You can buy jarred roasted red pepper strips, and that is quite an easy way to complete this recipe, or you can roast your own red peppers if you like doing that. My suggestion on peppers is to utilize a red pepper, orange or yellow as they offer the sweetest flavor when roasted which will complete this recipe. If you are using jarred roasted peppers, make sure to allow your pepper strips to drain the strips in a colander before overly-saturating the potatoes.
The Meyer Lemons offer a good bit of juice and a little goes a long way. Meyer Lemons are SWEET not sour so they accent the food. Don’t over-salt the potatoes, a light hand will make these taste just right and the coarse crush setting is best as find will just not work as well. Looking to add a little extra into this recipe? A little bit of Gorgonzola will send this over the top alongside toasted Pine nuts!
These are a very quick and easy dish to make, and will look good upon any holiday table. Frieda’s Butter Babies™ Potatoes are a delicacy and the taste will offer your taste buds something unlike they have tasted before! Lavishly live food out loud, and create this fabulous recipe of Roasted Butter Babies™ with Roasted Peppers!