Our house offers up a weekly fiesta with a choice Mexican meal. One of my favorite kitchen appliances is my electric pressure cooker. An electric pressure cooker is key to getting the softest finished meat product. Did I mention how great the taste can be?
My esteemed and celebrated Instant Pot is where the action of transitioning beef cubes into ‘beef taco meat’ happens. The Instant Pot is a magical brand electrical pressure cooker. Magical because no matter what I cook it always turns out perfect.
In fact, you don’t need a lot of ingredients to get a great tasting meal. For today, let’s learn how to prepare an easy Instant Pot Garlic Lime Beef Taco meat. Your meat will fall apart and taste ah-mazing! Get those Instant Pots out, gather your ingredients its time to make Easy Instant Pot Shredded Garlic Lime Beef.
Easy Instant Pot Shredded Garlic Lime Beef
There’s nothing like an Instant Pot, it cooks meals fast and everything is flawless. I continually up my game with cuts of meat, and veggies, different from other appliances I have used.
If you love great Mexican meals and do not want to have to do a lot to prepare a good menu, use my recipe. Ultimately, fresh lime squirted atop the meat and then mixed is actually such an integral part of the successful end taste.
On a whole, you want to do is an experiment and decide how much garlic and lime you like. You are free to add more or less to the preparation, I just add the general amount. I don’t want an overpowering garlic flavor (save that for Chinese food), I prefer a fresh lime taste that enhances the zestiness of the dish. No puckering required.
The last tip, make sure you roll your lime before you use it to get the most juice out of the squeeze.
3 Pounds of boneless beef cubes
4 Pepper Rings (chopped into pieces)
2 1/2 Limes (small)
1/4 C Oil + 2 Tbsp (bottom of Instant Pot Liner)
3 Tbsp Minced Garlic
2 Packets Taco Seasoning (store-bought) (1 for mixture dry and one prepared as instructed below)
(for one packet of taco seasoning) 2 Tbsp – 3 Tbsp Water & 2 tsp Garlic salt
Place meat in a bowl and add olive oil.
Now add in garlic.
Mix. Stir and one packet of taco mix.
you will evenly coat when you stir it all.
chop the pepper rings and mix into the meat.
Now it’s time to make the taco sauce –
Add just enough water to mix, keeping it thick. At the end add in garlic salt (2 teaspoons) and mix well.
Get the Instant Pot liner read by adding 2 Tablespoons of olive oil before adding in the meat.
Once the oil is in add meat mixture. Add in water too.
As soon as that is all set, turn the valve to seal, and set to bean/chili 30 minutes.
Once it comes out, simply shred and use. Do expect it to be fork tender.
- 3 Pounds of boneless beef cubes
- 4 Pepper Rings (chopped into pieces)
- 2 1/2 Limes (small)
- 1/4 C Oil + 2 Tbsp (bottom of Instant Pot Liner)
- 1/4 water
- 3 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Packets Taco Seasoning (store-bought) (1 for mixture dry and one prepared as instructed below)
- (for one packet of taco seasoning) 2 Tbsp - 3 Tbsp Water & 2 tsp Garlic salt
- Place meat in a bowl and add olive oil.
- Now add in garlic.
- Squeeze lime.
- Mix. Stir and one packet of taco mix.
- Evenly coat when you stir it all.
- chop the pepper rings and mix into the meat.
- Now it's time to make the taco sauce -
- Add just enough water to mix, keeping it thick.
- At the end add in garlic salt (2 teaspoons) and mix well.
- Get the Instant Pot liner read by adding 2 Tablespoons of olive oil before adding in the meat.
- Once the oil is in add meat mixture.
- Add in water too.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute and brown the meat.
- Once browned, add the taco sauce mix (it will be thicker, then squeeze additional lime.)
- Turn valve to seal, and set to bean/chili 30 minutes.
- After natural method cooling, shred and use. Do expect it to be fork tender.
This post contains affiliate links, which means danavento.com may receive a commission on the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support. The links help you find the best of the best, have fun shopping!