Come fly with me, come fly, come fly away, to Loreto, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Pack lightly, it’s a balmy 90° by day and 70° by night. Your destination: Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto, a luxury Villa property!
The fiesta begins on Tuesday, May 15 and continues for 6 days. While the event is open to the public, you do need reservations. Chef demonstrations and lavish multi-course dinners are about to unfold. For those experiencing fernweh, this is your opportunity to match it.
Numinous moments are about to happen through every food presentation and demonstrations. Become a bon vivant and join in on the celebration of food. Lavishly live food out loud and allow your palate to indulge in the food of the gods and decadent eats, all presented in luxury digs!
Luxury Resort in Mexico Hosts Mexican Fest Chef Week
I am excited to be taking part in this hosted event. As part of the media, I have been invited to join. Villa del Palmar at The Islands of Loreto.
A trouvaille is a word used to describe magical moments discovered on journeys, this trouvaille is about the magical transformation of lavish eats and luxury surroundings.
The Villa del Palmar at The Islands of Loreto is located on the Sea of Cortez, off the eastern coast of the Baja peninsula. It overlooks Dazante Island. The resort is the first and ONLY resort to occupy one of the Gulf of California’s last virgin coastlines.
So prestigious a resort that it has been nominated by the World Travel Awards for the fourth consecutive year in the following categories for 2018:
- Mexico & Central America’s Leading Beach Resort 2018
- Mexico & Central America’s Leading Family Resort 2018
- Mexico & Central America’s Leading Resort 2018
- Mexico’s Leading Beach Resort 2018
- Mexico’s Leading Family Resort 2018
Mexican Chef Week
- Fraser, co-owner and executive chef of the award-winning restaurant Grub, in Hollywood, Calif., was a fan favorite as a contestant on the second season of Top Chef, Bravo’s hit television series, and the Top Chef Holiday Special in 2007. For 20 years, Fraser also was executive chef for a popular catering business, As You Like It Catering. In addition, she was a judge for Master Chef Junior, a cooking program with Gordon Ramsay.
- Des Chenes, executive chef and author of Beyond My Chef Coat, has more than 20 years’ experience in the culinary world. Further, he was named “Top Chef” by Las Vegas Food & Wine. Additionally, he was the winner of Top Celebrity Chef Showdown. Des Chenes has also been a chef expert for Ramsay, and appeared on two Food Network programs, Chef Wanted and Beat Bobby Flay.
- David Fuerte is the CEO and Founder of Made For Chefs, a company that creates quality chef products, supports a platform that promotes working chefs, and features chefs in their premiere live event, The Chef Throwdown. Made for Chefs has expanded into a restaurant group, seeking to form multiple concepts throughout the country. Chef David Fuerte draws upon his professional culinary experience, immersive travel abroad, and a childhood of helping cultivate land in the ranches of Mexico where he inherently began to appreciate and acquire the love for food.
Mexican Culinary Scene
Consequently, each of these chefs has an appreciation for the Mexican culinary scene. As a result, the fresh seafood and abundant variety of produce found in Baja California Sur. Mexican food is not just having a moment—it’s booming across the entire United States.
Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto Mexican Fest Chef Week
“We are so grateful that these notable chefs have an appreciation for the current Mexican culinary scene and are joining us to honor our Mexican traditions,” said Sixto Navarro, General Manager, Villa del Palmar at The Islands of Loreto. “Their talents, combined with our resort’s culinary team, promise to make this a memorable event.”
Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto Mexican Fest Chef Week opens Tuesday, May 1. The night kicks off with an evening cocktail reception. Wednesday’s highlight is a five-course dinner prepared by Chef David Fuerte at the property’s Danzante Fine Dining restaurant. The restaurant recently was singled by Wine Spectator with the magazine’s prestigious “Award of Excellence.”
Chef Des Chenes shows off his talents Thursday night. Offering a TEXMEX BQQ buffet dinner on the beach. Chef Fraser Friday’s four-course dinner at Casa Mia in the open air restaurant Casa Mia will delight.
As a finale, all three chefs come together Saturday night to prepare an elaborate Mexican Fiesta Buffet. Ending, the trio will again team for the final event, a lavish Sunday brunch at The Market. OLE!
Demos by Chefs
Chef demonstrations are scheduled Wednesday through Saturday and will provide guests with up-close-and-personal looks at preparing unique dishes and interaction with all three.
Get Your Mexican Fest Chef Week Guest Package
The Mexican Fest Chef Week guest package includes luxurious lodging accommodations. Your deluxe suite awaits. The package includes participation in all demonstrations, receptions, and meals. Rates start at $933 per person, double occupancy, and a 7-night’s stay.
Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto
Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto advantageously offers the region’s unique beauty couple with authentic culture. Part of its ambiance comes from the quiet beaches and rich history. Guests can roam the resort’s 4,447 acres. You will find long stretches of exquisite shoreline, plus stunning ocean and mountain views.
The resort features TPC Danzante Bay, the eye-popping Rees Jones-designed course on the Baja Peninsula’s eastern coastline; three outstanding restaurants; five swimming pools; the 39,000-square-foot Sabila Spa; tennis courts, miles of hiking trails; and much more.
Another key point is that it is only a two-hour flight from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). From Calgary, Ontario, fly to the Loreto International Airport (LTO). Use direct WestJet flights and Tijuana and Guadalajara via Calafia Airlines.
Reservations for Mexican Fest Chef Week can be made by contacting the resort toll-free. The USA call 1 800/790-4187. In Canada dial 855/440-5590. Or from Mexico 800/838-2662.